Fire Ron

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
No. Absolutely not.

This guy is stalling the development of our future core. He is toxic. Things are getting worse as we continue to toil in feces, system free, identity lacking, and he hurts more than he helps in every way possible when looking at the future and where we want to be.

We want him NOWHERE NEAR anything blue and gold or Sabre branded.

The scariest thing is that he's so bad, it's blatant to everyone who has watched this team more than five times this year. It's not something you have to dig up justification for, it's something that even casual fans see. And something that die hard fans see as a roadblock.

A horrific epoch that needs to end NOW.

Damn, jbudee, that's some hard truth right there...

Yes, please, get Rolston away from the likes of Grigo and Larsson etc. before it's too late and we end up with more Erik Rasmussens.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I think the horribleness of Rolston was obvious as soon as he wore those ****ing gardening gloves in practice.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
He's gone before the deadline. No matter how much suffering is on the menu, if the hef continues to cook up **** on a platter, he's a goner.

heartsabres*

No. Absolutely not.

This guy is stalling the development of our future core. He is toxic. Things are getting worse as we continue to toil in feces, system free, identity lacking, and he hurts more than he helps in every way possible when looking at the future and where we want to be.

We want him NOWHERE NEAR anything blue and gold or Sabre branded.

The scariest thing is that he's so bad, it's blatant to everyone who has watched this team more than five times this year. It's not something you have to dig up justification for, it's something that even casual fans see. And something that die hard fans see as a roadblock.

A horrific epoch that needs to end NOW.

How do you know that???

Bring back Ted Nolan! :naughty:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
How do you know that???

Bring back Ted Nolan! :naughty:

Because the team is 1-9-1, doesn't deploy a system, has no identity in terms of what style of game they want to play, the veterans are all performing horribly, and he's handcuffing younger players by not putting them in position to succeed. I point to Grigs and Larsson here mainly, and to a lesser extent, Risto and ZG.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
The man practices with the same gloves that the talking Red and Brown M&M candy characters wear.

Is that serious?

heartsabres*

Because the team is 1-9-1, doesn't deploy a system, has no identity in terms of what style of game they want to play, the veterans are all performing horribly, and he's handcuffing younger players by not putting them in position to succeed. I point to Grigs and Larsson here mainly, and to a lesser extent, Risto and ZG.
Bad coach yes, toxic? Well to say he is causing the players to become worse hockey players is just silly. Girgensons is definitely developing and so is Larsson.

This team is horrible no matter who the coach is thus there is no position to succeed, just develop.

heartsabres*

The man practices with the same gloves that the talking Red and Brown M&M candy characters wear.

Is that serious?

Is that even relevant. If you´re commenting about gloves in practice as it having an affect on mood on the ice then I would have to question your whole point.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Bad coach yes, toxic? Well to say he is causing the players to become worse hockey players is just silly. Girgensons is definitely developing and so is Larsson.

This team is horrible no matter who the coach is thus there is no position to succeed, just develop.

Proper development is success. Winning is secondary to me, and frankly, trivial. Rolston isn't developing. Grigo has regressed, and instead of trying to help his case, rolston has him out of the lineup or on a line with Scott and McCormick.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Is that even relevant. If you´re commenting about gloves in practice as it having an affect on mood on the ice then I would have to question your whole point.

Only in image and failed attempt to be different.

He said he does it because he has a better feel for the stick. Learn how to feel the stick in your hockey gloves like every single coach in the history of hockey. You're not a trailblazer.

It's part of the mockery and facade that is the idea of him being an NHL coach right now.

Don't be intentionally contradictory. Annoying.

The sky is blue.

"Ehhh it's not really blue as much as it is ... Blue/aqua"

heartsabres*

Proper development is success. Winning is secondary to me, and frankly, trivial. Rolston isn't developing. Grigo has regressed, and instead of trying to help his case, rolston has him out of the lineup or on a line with Scott and McCormick.

No different then Ruff.

So what your saying is none of the players are developing. I guess that is your opinion.
I believe different. The fact that you can see it after 10 games and think sending Grigs to the Q will help his development sounds more like an agenda and probably just a little emotional right now.

I don´t even know what to say about the bold. Development is success but winning
isn´t and trivial for that matter. That is definitely a head scratcher.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I'm done with Ron. I defended Lindy for a long time, but this guy is over his head. Really wish we would have hired Roy. Who else is out there? My fear is that they can Rolston and Sacco becomes the interim head coach.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
No different then Ruff.

So what your saying is none of the players are developing. I guess that is your opinion.
I believe different. The fact that you can see it after 10 games and think sending Grigs to the Q will help his development sounds more like an agenda and probably just a little emotional right now.

I don´t even know what to say about the bold. Development is success but winning
isn´t and trivial for that matter. That is definitely a head scratcher.

You said they're in no position to succeed, just to develop.

I'm saying that if they showed signs of development, I'd be calling it a success.

Stop digging.

heartsabres*

Only in image and failed attempt to be different.

He said he does it because he has a better feel for the stick. Learn how to feel the stick in your hockey gloves like every single coach in the history of hockey. You're not a trailblazer.

It's part of the mockery and facade that is the idea of him being an NHL coach right now.

Don't be intentionally contradictory. Annoying.

The sky is blue.

"Ehhh it's not really blue as much as it is ... Blue/aqua"

your pointing it out as being different. :sarcasm:

heartsabres*

You said they're in no position to succeed, just to develop.

I'm saying that if they showed signs of development, I'd be calling it a success.

Stop digging.

Huh?

To me success equals winning. Since the Stanley cup is the goal that must be the case.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Huh?

To me success equals winning. Since the Stanley cup is the goal that must be the case.

The Stanley cup is the ultimate goal. You're either short sighted or arguing to argue. Not going to waste my time.

Nice, fitting username for your viewpoint though. Apropos.

heartsabres*

The Stanley cup is the ultimate goal. You're either short sighted or arguing to argue. Not going to waste my time.

Nice, fitting username for your viewpoint though. Apropos.

No, what you don´t seem to get is your basing your opinion as fact.

heartsabres*

What bother´s me is Regier did not even look for another coach. That is on Regier.
Fans seem to forget the goal of this team is to rebuild, lose and get a top 3 draft pick.

Thank Rolston for that.

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
You don't rebuild with a coach unwilling to put his record on the line and go through growing pains.

Again... He's coaching to win an NCAA title. His roster decisions have been hideously questionable and illogical, his line combos don't stay together longer than 9 minutes, he doesn't believe in home ice advantage or last change, and matchups are a foreign concept to him.

He's ****ing bad.

Honestly, I was kind of mad up until a few games ago that he didn't mix the lines up enough when the team hasn't been scoring. Vanek - Hodgson - Ott and Foligno - Ennis - Stafford were together for a string of games and aside from Vanek and Hodgson couldn't generate much of anything. Even if we have to split up Vanek and Hodgson at this point I don't care. The team's having a good game if they score twice. I agree on your other points though.

What bother´s me is Regier did not even look for another coach. That is on Regier.
Fans seem to forget the goal of this team is to rebuild, lose and get a top 3 draft pick.

Thank Rolston for that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that's what got to me the most. We should've waited until we could try setting up interviews with available candidates (Tortorella, Vigneault, Eakins, Roy) and if after a few interviews Rolston was still our guy, at least we would have known we put in the effort to consider someone else from outside the organization but ultimately thought Rolston was the best choice in the end. Regier immediately removed the interim tag without even talking to anyone else from the outside. I wasn't crazy about it and it looks like it was a big mistake now.

Rolston's just not an NHL-caliber head coach. I was willing to give him a chance but so far, he's shown me nothing to support him. Small sample size but really, how much better was the team playing after he got here last year? There was not significant improvement or even close to it. And what's happened with Grigorenko is sickening. Most of you wanted Lindy out for so long but the grass isn't always greener. Many fans would take the man they were glad to see run out of town back in a heartbeat now.

I expected us to not be good but we're literally at the lowest point. We're sucking way more than you need to suck to get the top pick. At this point at 1-9-1, on pace for just about eight wins this season, I don't think it's impossible that Rolston goes, although I think Regier would have to go first. We're not just some bad rebuilding team. We're lower than that. We're in a toxic, unhealthy, and negative situation and Rolston looks to be a big part of it. Of course, one person is not ever all to blame for failure in the world of professional sports but Rolston has certainly left his mark here so far.

I really want Peter Laviolette to coach this team right now.

Last edited:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I can't believe that he is still here......
As someone who thought a week ago it would take a lot to get Roltson fired... I don't think he's around much longer. He's been THAT bad.

Count me in as someone who wants his cake and to eat it too. You can still get Reinhart and McDavid with far better coaches.

If we lose our next 5 I say he's fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad