Fire Ron

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
If there was one thing Milbury was right about in his rambling, barely coherent excuse for analysis tonight, it's the fact that Rolston is in over his head and needs to be replaced.

Say what you will about him- he's learning, he's good at developing young talent, the team sucks and its not all a reflection of his coaching, etc. But I've seen enough mismanaging of youngsters and truly awful hockey (his system and tactics especially- literally no structure to anything) to get the feeling that he's not the guy who should be in charge of developing our young guys and acclimating them to the NHL.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
If there was one thing Milbury was right about in his rambling, barely coherent excuse for analysis tonight, it's the fact that Rolston is in over his head and needs to be replaced.

Say what you will about him- he's learning, he's good at developing young talent, the team sucks and its not all a reflection of his coaching, etc. But I've seen enough mismanaging of youngsters and truly awful hockey (his system and tactics especially- literally no structure to anything) to get the feeling that he's not the guy who should be in charge of developing our young guys and acclimating them to the NHL.

I really don't understand why anyone thought a guy good at player development would be good at NHL level game strategy.

Those are two very different animals.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

I was okay with Rolston being hired. I now agree with the above. But I think the person who hired Rolston should be replaced. Let his replacement fire/hire the new coach.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Last year Ron wasn't able to implement his "system" (if one exists) because of the condensed season. He just tweaked what Lindy already had in place and changed how some players were used.

Now its all him and.... well..... he is hot garbage.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
There is no way Rolston will be fired in the next year or two.

If that happens, Regier has to get the axe as well and we all know that isn't going to happen.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Last year Ron wasn't able to implement his "system" (if one exists) because of the condensed season. He just tweaked what Lindy already had in place and changed how some players were used.

Now its all him and.... well..... he is hot garbage.

Agreed....100%

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Ron is the tank commander, don't you guys want Reinhart?? C'mon now, this guy is a true tank commander not like Lindy

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Ron is the tank commander, don't you guys want Reinhart?? C'mon now, this guy is a true tank commander not like Lindy

Not sure if you're serious. Either way, I think you can still manage to suck your way into the No. 1 pick without being a total disgrace to the league. The No. 1 pick isn't worth much if Rolston sets back your other young players a few years.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Not sure if you're serious. Either way, I think you can still manage to suck your way into the No. 1 pick without being a total disgrace to the league. The No. 1 pick isn't worth much if Rolston sets back your other young players a few years.

THIS!

My biggest fear is that he's compromising the growth of some very promising prospects. Get Girgs and Larsson to Rochester, Grigs and Zadorov back to Junior and keep them the hell away from this tire fire.

Rolston may as well have a big black van with "free candy" spray painted on it. Keep Ron 200 ft. away from schools and THE HELL AWAY FROM OUR KIDS.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
The fact that he was hired because of his record after he took over (a bunch of loser points, mostly due to a stretch of above average goaltending that was luck, not incredibly improved defensive play) and his apparent ability to develop young players, which is questionable (most have shown minimal development, many have regressed, and the only one that has really shown great improvement is Brian Flynn who was 24 years old as a rookie), is laughable.

Great job by whoever it was that mentioned a few days ago that the guy was passed on by college teams the summer we hired him.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
People said the same thing about Lindy.

Yes, you are right.

And, now that you just said that, if Rolston is fired tomorrow, and Regier keeps his job, what would you expect the reaction of the fanbase, and around the NHL, to be?

Two HC's get fired within months and the GM keeps his job?

Don't see that....at all.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Yes, you are right.

And, now that you just said that, if Rolston is fired tomorrow, and Regier keeps his job, what would you expect the reaction of the fanbase, and around the NHL, to be?

Two HC's get fired within months and the GM keeps his job?

Don't see that....at all.

Neither do I, and it's because Rolston isn't going to be fired tomorrow. He could lose every game this season and he'll still play out the year. If he gets fired it'll be at the end of the season. Regier going with him isn't an absolute, especially if he basically sold Black and Pegula on the idea that Rolston would be the tank commander for a season or two, which is entirely possible.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje

THIS!

My biggest fear is that he's compromising the growth of some very promising prospects. Get Girgs and Larsson to Rochester, Grigs and Zadorov back to Junior and keep them the hell away from this tire fire.

Rolston may as well have a big black van with "free candy" spray painted on it. Keep Ron 200 ft. away from schools and THE HELL AWAY FROM OUR KIDS.

All of this, basically. Either get the kids away from this mess and let Rolston crash the rest, or replace him with a better coach. It's quite simpel; you don't learn to win by losing.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
You don't rebuild with a coach unwilling to put his record on the line and go through growing pains.

Again... He's coaching to win an NCAA title. His roster decisions have been hideously questionable and illogical, his line combos don't stay together longer than 9 minutes, he doesn't believe in home ice advantage or last change, and matchups are a foreign concept to him.

He's ****ing bad.

nbarry93

Nov 30, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Our young players are being mismanaged (Grigo especially) and we have zero pressure offensive pressure, zero forecheck, we're absolutely brutal defensively and Miller/Enroth have been hung out to dry. They look uninterested and clueless for the most part. I could go on.. it's brutal. 1-9-1, really? Definitely time for a new coach and soon, it just isn't working out at all with RR.

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
I've never hated a coach so quickly in my life, and this is after dealing with Mularkey, Jauron, etc. #FireRolston

He's clueless.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Rolston must finish the season because

1) Sam Reinhart
2) I want Milbury to have a stroke screaming"WHY HASN'T THIS PUNK BEEN FIRED YET" when he's calling a Sabres highlight

If you're serious about McDavid he coaches next year too

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Rolston must finish the season because

1) Sam Reinhart
2) I want Milbury to have a stroke screaming"WHY HASN'T THIS PUNK BEEN FIRED YET" when he's calling a Sabres highlight

If you're serious about McDavid he coaches next year too

No. Absolutely not.

This guy is stalling the development of our future core. He is toxic. Things are getting worse as we continue to toil in feces, system free, identity lacking, and he hurts more than he helps in every way possible when looking at the future and where we want to be.

We want him NOWHERE NEAR anything blue and gold or Sabre branded.

The scariest thing is that he's so bad, it's blatant to everyone who has watched this team more than five times this year. It's not something you have to dig up justification for, it's something that even casual fans see. And something that die hard fans see as a roadblock.

A horrific epoch that needs to end NOW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad