Fire Pierre Dorion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I question whether we were ever actually very good at scouting. Puempel, Cowen, Lee, Noesen and the Rundt trade come to mind. And the "games played" metrics of scouting are always skewed for budget teams, which are more likely to ice cheap homegrown talent. The late round homeruns look more like luck than skill.

I thought I read something about Lee was taken against the scouts wishes? Could be wrong but it rings a bell. Noesen was always an injury risk but he had the talent of NHLer, sometimes it pays off like with Hossa, sometimes it doesn't.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Honest question, how has he not quit? If all of these trades are because of Melnyk, why wouldn't he just quit? He's coming out looking like an idiot. Would you be willing to ruin your professional reputation just to appease your boss?

He gets tarred and feathered daily, just a terrible work environment

At this point who would give him another job? Unless he’s ready to retire or return to scouting he’s done as a GM.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Honest question, how has he not quit? If all of these trades are because of Melnyk, why wouldn't he just quit? He's coming out looking like an idiot. Would you be willing to ruin your professional reputation just to appease your boss?

He gets tarred and feathered daily, just a terrible work environment

Yea he's totally ruining his chances at grabbing a future GM or even AGM job. But I mean he's in a position that he's extremely lucky to even be in, for a team that he loves in a city that he loves. There's no way he steps down.

He also seems pretty clueless when it comes to organization politics, so it's possible he's just totally oblivious to his image around the league and in the press.

What a horrible, horrible situation this team is in. My god it's bad.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
At this point who would give him another job? Unless he’s ready to retire or return to scouting he’s done as a GM.

Agreed...it's like he would need to resign and take a scouting job somewhere. I really don't think he gets another GM job after his tenure here...

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Dorion is the symptom, not the cause. #MelnykOut should be the first step.
This my friends it the unvarnished truth!

Any Sens fan that cares about this team should join #Melnykout and work towards pushing this owner out the door.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Bet all of the Murray haters wish they could have him back. :laugh:

Not me. Murray, although a very nice man, was an awful GM for us. I would have preferred to see a different guy other than Dorion replace Murray. Get Fenton or Brisebois, and maybe someone with some experience like McPhee.

Get some fresh ideas rather than just using someone from a management group that had been here too long.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Not me. Murray, although a very nice man, was an awful GM for us. I would have preferred to see a different guy other than Dorion replace Murray. Get Fenton or Brisebois, and maybe someone with some experience like McPhee.

Get some fresh ideas rather than just using someone from a management group that had been here too long.

Knowing what you know now without him there you really think he was still an awful GM? He left and the organization fell apart. I think it's obvious he was holding a shit pile together with a string somehow. Hell, he had to stop a drunken Melnyk from entering the damn locker room at one point!

That's stuff in the job description they don't tell you about.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Knowing what you know now without him there you really think he was still an awful GM? He left and the organization fell apart. I think it's obvious he was holding a **** pile together with a string somehow. Hell, he had to stop a drunken Melnyk from entering the damn locker room at one point!

He wasn’t good. We made the playoffs once in nine years. He hired and fired five different coaches. He signed several bad contracts. He did more bad than good.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The best thing that Murray has done was keep this organization from going up in flames in the hands of the owner, made it look respectable, and he was also the greatest coach this team has had. Other than that his GMing has left a lot to be desired.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
I think Dorion is doing well according to his mandate of dumping salary and obeying Melnyk's every word.

Agreed as many have said. Hard to know what is Dorion and what is Melnyk.

Regardless...all we would end up with is another cheap GM that does what Melnyk wants. At least PD can scout...which is probably pretty useful for a team without you know...scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad