Fire Pierre Dorion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
People. I acknowledge that there is no point in firing Pierre right now. But eventually, Eugene will need a scapegoat. What happens then?
There's definitely a point to bringing in someone who can properly negotiate deals and not be viewed as a doormat by the rest of the league. These deals he's making are going to be felt for years and years and will only make the job of the next guy that much more difficult. Imagine the new GM coming in with half the core traded away for 10 cents on the dollar and a a bunch of picks traded from the next few year's drafts? Next year we only have two picks in the top 90. Pittsburgh's 3rd and our 2nd. That's f***ed for a team that's the worst on paper in the league.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There's definitely a point to bringing in someone who can properly negotiate deals and not be viewed as a doormat by the rest of the league. These deals he's making are going to be felt for years and years and will only make the job of the next guy that much more difficult. Imagine the new GM coming in with half the core traded away for 10 cents on the dollar and a a bunch of picks traded from the next few year's drafts? Next year we only have two picks in the top 90. Pittsburgh's 3rd and our 2nd. That's ****ed for a team that's the worst on paper in the league.

Exactly, he just isnt qualified to do any job. Rebuild, win now etc.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
How many times per season does Ottawa play Florida & what will that do for EK having Hoffman in the same division? How much of a media circus will there be every time they play each other next season? I wonder whether EK will want to put up with that nonsense for another yr & question after question about the shit show in Ottawa & the Hoffman situation without or before losing his shit? If Hoffman would have stayed in San Jose I could see that as more of an incentive to stay in Ottawa but with Hoffman in the same division playing them several times per yr, home & away, I don't know now.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
How many times per season does Ottawa play Florida & what will that do for EK having Hoffman in the same division? How much of a media circus will there be every time they play each other next season? I wonder whether EK will want to put up with that nonsense for another yr & question after question about the **** show in Ottawa & the Hoffman situation without or before losing his ****? If Hoffman would have stayed in San Jose I could see that as more of an incentive to stay in Ottawa but with Hoffman in the same division playing them several times per yr, home & away, I don't know now.
Why do you keep thrashing around for excuses?

Everyone here is aware that you want EK gone. Just man up and stop with the BS

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Yeah, a rebuild is an awful idea. Making the playoffs every second year is clearly a better plan.

would hate to stick to a long term plan to find consistent, sustainable success. would be torture to be bad for 2-3 years while acquiring young talent instead of sneaking into the playoffs on the back of karlsson & some ridiculous pdo bender every other season.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
would hate to stick to a long term plan to find consistent, sustainable success. would be torture to be bad for 2-3 years while acquiring young talent instead of sneaking into the playoffs on the back of karlsson & some ridiculous pdo bender every other season.
Honestly I would welcome watching an exciting young team instead of whatever we've been watching the last 5 or so years.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Honestly I would welcome watching an exciting young team instead of whatever we've been watching the last 5 or so years.
me too. it would atleast give me incentive to watch games. i only watched games in the 2tnd half of the season last year for chabot basically. i would welcome with open arms seeing brown/chlapik/white/chabot/top pick/jaros out there playing exciting hockey, making mistakes and learning from guys like stone/karl/duchene

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Word. Add on top of that a big commitment to Belleville and making them competitive. I might follow them closer like I did Bingo back in 2011.

It's much more interesting to tune into a game and see how a guy like Chlapik is progressing than how a guy like Smith is regressing.

Reactions: Cosmix and branch

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Word. Add on top of that a big commitment to Belleville and making them competitive. I might follow them closer like I did Bingo back in 2011.

It's much more interesting to tune into a game and see how a guy like Chlapik is progressing than how a guy like Smith is regressing.

Well we have Randy Lee there attracting certain kinds of players.. Do we have a coach yet?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Is Dorion going to make his pic via Live Stream from his bunker or is he actually going to physically be in Dallas where he may actually have to answer some questions from reporters?

Reactions: branch

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
The whole "don't trade within the division" is absolutely asinine. The media will be a bit of circus the first time they play each other (regardless of whether Hoffman is in the division or not), and after that it will be an afterthought.

The notion that Dorion was influenced by this thinking should be grounds for being let go in and of itself. He and the organization got absolutely embarrassed by the exchange of trades yesterday, and that simply should not be acceptable. But for some insane reason, it is acceptable within the Senators organization.

Right now this team needs someone with credibility and pedigree frontmanning the hockey ops department. Even if the front office is thin as reported, someone who knows how to communicate with the media should be the one answering the questions and downplaying some of the org's shortcomings, not Pierre f***ing Dorion.

The only sad thing here is PD isn't even the biggest problem. That is f***ing scary.

Reactions: Cosmix

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
How many times per season does Ottawa play Florida & what will that do for EK having Hoffman in the same division? How much of a media circus will there be every time they play each other next season? I wonder whether EK will want to put up with that nonsense for another yr & question after question about the **** show in Ottawa & the Hoffman situation without or before losing his ****? If Hoffman would have stayed in San Jose I could see that as more of an incentive to stay in Ottawa but with Hoffman in the same division playing them several times per yr, home & away, I don't know now.
Meh Hoffman shouldnt scare anyone,Iam sure there will be a few players looking to play against him

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why do you keep thrashing around for excuses?

Everyone here is aware that you want EK gone. Just man up and stop with the BS
Man, you are overly sensitive about this. I'm just wondering how he would feel given Hoffman is in the same division & he has to play against him much more often & whether the circus around it is a factor or not. You take this stuff way too seriously [mod]

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Is Dorion going to make his pic via Live Stream from his bunker or is he actually going to physically be in Dallas where he may actually have to answer some questions from reporters?
Don’t expect much from spineless PR Dorion. Where’s all that energy and smug comments now Pierre?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
@coladin what are your thoughts for this?

Didn't like Zibanejad. Like Turris, but not at what he was looking for. Hoffman, terrible but nothing was going to change that. Phaneuf was too slow, and saved money. Bowers, down the depth chart, was expendable. Dahlen, down the depth chart, was expendable. The 1st hurts. You missed Brassard, but he was good but always left me wanting.

Burrows, helped down the stretch but was terrible this season, Bad. Like Boedkker. Gaborik should be bought out, I think that was what they had in mind in acquiring him and moving Phaneuf. Gus is a good pickup. Formenton is good.

He isn't the best GM, but not the worst either. Love Duchene here and fills a big hole. Have to see what happens in July - August which I think will cement his reputation.

I didn't like the "Gretzky was traded comment" more than any of his moves. That set up a stupid and unnecessary path for the franchise.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Rebuilding works sometimes, but not always. Ideally we would have stuck with our 2011 rebuild, but we didn’t.

I’m for building around Karlsson, Duchene and Stone, but I’m not sure that will happen. I’m preparing for Karlsson to leave. I don’t want it, but that’s what I think will happen.

It doesn't even work "sometimes". More like "rarely".

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If the team is telling the media they don't like the captain as a person you can just about bet Karlsson has indicated that he won't be re-signing in Ottawa. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.
But alot of factors to go off, not everyone gets along so maybe he talked to a player that doesnt really like EK and exaggerated the thought.
Maybe he heard a rumour and the rumour was made up but lied about talking to the players etc etc

I don't read it that way? I think he is dispelling that person's opinion that Karlsson is not liked. Because he is saying instead of that tweet (from the person stating Karlsson is not liked) he will go with what the players tell him.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Disagree. Worked for Washington, LA, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, Toronto

Can you also assemble a list of those who failed, which is pretty much the rest of the NHL? It worked for WSH...now after how many years? Didn't realize they were rebuilding? Your list is highly, highly suspect.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Can you also assemble a list of those who failed, which is pretty much the rest of the NHL? It worked for WSH...now after how many years? Didn't realize they were rebuilding? Your list is highly, highly suspect.
How are we quantifying success? Cup or bust? Because only one team a year can win that. It's a pretty narrow view of a "successful" rebuild.

Reactions: Cosmix

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

I’m refering to when Washington tore it down in 2004. Ovie drafted, Backstrom drafted two years later. Team makes the playoffs almost every year since 2008. Finally get their cup this year after years of great regular season success but flaming out in the playoffs.

You’re telling me that rebuild didn’t work? They traded away Bondra, Gonchar, Nylander, Jagr and got picks and prospects. Built for the future since they were going nowhere.

How about Chicago? Bad around the same time. Tear it down. Draft Seabrook, Kane, Toews win 3 cups with that group. Not bad right?

LA tears it down and starts over. Kopitar, Quick, Schenn, Doughty. Schenn and Simmons traded for Richards, add Carter. They win two cups.

Pittsburgh? Awful in 2003-2004. Tear it down. Win a lottery, lucky yes. Draft Fleury, Crosby, Malkin, Staal. Cup finals a few years later, cup one year later. One of the best teams over the last decade.

Don’t tell me rebuilds hardly ever work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad