FIRE Lavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not to beat a dead horse, but people keep saying this- that he hasn't been "nearly good enough". This whole thread says he should be fired.

I detailed the record earlier- we have averaged a 100 point season under him, played the Cup champions off their butts in the playoffs last year, and this year, need just one win to take a series to 7 games that no one, not even our own fans, thought we would win going in.

You are telling me that is "not nearly good enough"???

Again I ask- what are your expectations for these first two years?? People on here act like we are the Chicago Blackhawks and its Cup or bust.

My expectation is that he adjust his approach when he's getting outcoached. I was talking about this series.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Be nice if people would at least wait until we lose the series before throwing coaches and players under the bus.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
My expectation is that he adjust his approach when he's getting outcoached. I was talking about this series.

Well, this is a series in which NO ONE in the hockey world, and not even our own fans- gave us a prayer of winning.

And we have taken it to a Game 7. No matter how you want to slice it, that is not a terrible result. Period.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
For winning a game that didn't even clinch us the series? And I thought some of these threads were kneejerk...

No, but going to a game 7 in a series that no one, not even Preds fans, thought we had a chance in. How many of us on here would have taken it if you had told us before the series it would go to a game 7? I know I would have.

The fact that we won the first two just got everyone's expectations all out of whack.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well, this is a series in which NO ONE in the hockey world, and not even our own fans- gave us a prayer of winning.

And we have taken it to a Game 7. No matter how you want to slice it, that is not a terrible result. Period.

as I said before, retroactively saying "well we ended up where we should" while ignoring the actual events that got us there is not logical or reasonable.

If we win game 7, then yes, Ill agree shouldn't actually fire Laviolette, but if we win game 7 and then start struggling against the Sharks, lets hope he doesn't wait til we lose 3 games to figure out that something needs to change

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
For winning a game that didn't even clinch us the series? And I thought some of these threads were kneejerk...

Yeah your right. Let's fire him. He only got the team to somewhere it hasn't been before...forcing a game 7. Screw him.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
as I said before, retroactively saying "well we ended up where we should" while ignoring the actual events that got us there is not logical or reasonable.

If we win game 7, then yes, Ill agree shouldn't actually fire Laviolette, but if we win game 7 and then start struggling against the Sharks, lets hope he doesn't wait til we lose 3 games to figure out that something needs to change

Yeah, look at all those teams who have walked to an easy sweep. Oh wait....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Im actually as excited as the rest if you to have a game 7 and a chance to win this series, but there isn't a one of you who can honestly say that after we won the first two in Anaheim that you would have thought a game 7 would be necessary, or that you would have said it was a good thing, because the only way that could happen was to lose 3 of 4.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Im actually as excited as the rest if you to have a game 7 and a chance to win this series, but there isn't a one of you who can honestly say that after we won the first two in Anaheim that you would have thought a game 7 would be necessary, or that you would have said it was a good thing, because the only way that could happen was to lose 3 of 4.
After winning the 2 on the road I figured they'd drop at least one at home and at best finish the series in game 6 but figured this would go 7.

I didn't get to watch game 5 but it looked like some changes where made and they just didn't work. Then more changes for game 6 that did work. Now it's up to the players to keep up the intensity and win.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
After winning the 2 on the road I figured they'd drop at least one at home and at best finish the series in game 6 but figured this would go 7.

I didn't get to watch game 5 but it looked like some changes where made and they just didn't work. Then more changes for game 6 that did work. Now it's up to the players to keep up the intensity and win.

Yeah it was called take a penalty every 4 minutes of game play. Discipline is what killed this team in game 5 much like how it killed the Ducks in game 2.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'll take my crow with honey barbecue sauce please.... and keep it coming.... never been so happy to be wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad