Fire Ken Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Games aren’t played on paper. We started 3-6 but now have gone 6-1. Who’s to say other teams don’t go backward versus forward. Our next six are Wpgx2 Calx2 and Vanx2. If we only get 2 wins that’s a concern but if we go 4+ wins we’re driving the playoff bus. Just win baby! Today the signs all should be positive(screw COVID)

Reactions: Aerchon

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Games aren’t played on paper. We started 3-6 but now have gone 6-1. Who’s to say other teams don’t go backward versus forward. Our next six are Wpgx2 Calx2 and Vanx2. If we only get 2 wins that’s a concern but if we go 4+ wins we’re driving the playoff bus. Just win baby! Today the signs all should be positive(screw COVID)
Go Canucks Go! What better time to start a 3 game winning streak?

Reactions: Declassified

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There is no fan base on the planet that gets more triggered by their team winning than HFOil.

It would be pretty fascinating if it weren’t so completely pathetic.

“The GM should be fired because divisional rivals have games in hand” is a lava hot take.

I suggest you have a look at the Leafs board.

I've never in my life seen the fanbase of an 11-2-1 team so angry. :laugh:

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Pt % is relevant because it takes into consideration the fact that other teams haven't played as many games.

By the time the Jets and Flames play as many games as the Oilers, they stand to have 23 and 21 points, respectively, compared to the Oilers' 18. I don't see how that's not relevant.
It’s not relevant in the middle. Hell not even the middle of season.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
It’s not relevant in the middle. Hell not even the middle of season.

I’m going to assume you didn’t know that the NHL has made points percentage the deciding factor if (and it appears when) they cannot play a full 56 game schedule due to COVID. It is therefore important at every point of the season.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Possibly because they've seen their team perform pretty well and consistently during the regular season, only to shit the bed in the playoffs. They have no trust in them.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Possibly because they've seen their team perform pretty well and consistently during the regular season, only to shit the bed in the playoffs. They have no trust in them.

It's a sad day when even Leafs fans are more realistic and honest with themselves about the makeup of their club than we are. They know that in a wider, 31-team context, theirs is still not ready for primetime and needs adjustments to truly break through and contend. Meanwhile we're content to clap Holland on the back for failing in pretty much area save signing Pulju (who we already had the rights to) and Barrie (who is a one-and-done player most likely).

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It's a sad day when even Leafs fans are more realistic and honest with themselves about the makeup of their club than we are. They know that in a wider, 31-team context, theirs is still not ready for primetime and needs adjustments to truly break through and contend. Meanwhile we're content to clap Holland on the back for failing in pretty much area save signing Pulju (who we already had the rights to) and Barrie (who is a one-and-done player most likely).
This thread was dumb when it was made and even more dumb now.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
64C863AC-6BD7-4FB8-AE71-2BB6F59143A5.jpeg

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013

You should go to the Seattle Seahawks board.

They started the season 5-0 & there were a bunch of posters wanting everybody fired because the defense was not good. They ended up 12-4 & the defense drastically improved by years end but there was still a weekly fire everybody thread.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I’ll worry about that when it happens. Right positive trends are encouraging. Not gonna look for reasons to be angry.

At times it seems like that's a prerequisite that's required to post on HFOil. ;) Never understood why some people can't just enjoy a win, or a winning streak, without finding ways to get upset. Our team isn't perfect, we all know that. Same boat as about 25 other teams. Lot's of time to be upset, right now really isn't one of them. If you didn't go to bed with a smile on your face after last night's game, I seriously wonder if one will ever be happy as a fan.

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
Maybe you want to step back for a little bit? Take a break from the team and the boards? You’re clearly trying to be a contrarian and the schtick has gotten old really fast. Trying your best to hold up your strawman argument that was stupid when the thread was made and even stupider now that team is playing as well as we are. Living in misery isn’t the way to go. The glass isn’t always half empty.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
This team is objectively worse than last year, and on par with the failures that Peter Chiarelli built. Holland is the one to blame for nearly every factor that has led us to this point, from the awful goaltending to the poor depth on D to our dinosaur of a coach still having a job.

It’s time for Katz to step in before McDavid demands a trade. He’s wasting his career here with each passing game.

Yup it Holland fault there no cap space . It’s his fault Koskinen is signed to 4.5 million . Might as well blame him for the weather as well . Damn Holland should have gotten a number one D ,3 top 6 forwards and a number 1 goalie .

If you were the owner no one would work for you .

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
I feel like I turn into Dennis from Always Sunny when I read threads like this

“YOU GET IT, YOU GET IT”

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I’m going to assume you didn’t know that the NHL has made points percentage the deciding factor if (and it appears when) they cannot play a full 56 game schedule due to COVID. It is therefore important at every point of the season.
Thathasn’t been determined yet and the season is still on.

Reactions: TB12

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
At times it seems like that's a prerequisite that's required to post on HFOil. ;) Never understood why some people can't just enjoy a win, or a winning streak, without finding ways to get upset. Our team isn't perfect, we all know that. Same boat as about 25 other teams. Lot's of time to be upset, right now really isn't one of them. If you didn't go to bed with a smile on your face after last night's game, I seriously wonder if one will ever be happy as a fan.
Well said. People here are definitely toxic and expect a flawless team. It’s never gonna happen. Even the best teams today are not flawless.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I did not like the Barrie and Turris signings, Toronto is too similar to Edmonton not to see the risks there and Turris best success was always as a top 6 player. Barrie seems to be proving me wrong which is cool and Turris is signed cheap so big deal, an underperforming $1.6M player. Smith was a risk to re-up, but again proving me wrong so far and even though KH doesn't have much to do with the draft I am loving their prospect pool. The stars he inherited don't nearly make up for the the cap issues.

I know its only 16 games and most of their success has been crushing Ottawa but right now this club looks like they can reach for a top 2 spot and Holland has to get props for that. I really wish they could double fire Chia :laugh: Anyone that thinks Holland needs to go today has not been following the Oilers long enough to remember a scary GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad