Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
i think that is that. My path completely keeps blowing my mind with all the twists and turns and the thing is - I have to imagine that being say Blue Lions- everything will be twisted on its ear again.

this game delayed for a reason-and it's evident in my opinion. this for me is the Gold Standard
I'm actually really excited to play the Blue Lions story. I think most of my favorite characters are Blue Lions (Felix, Ingrid, Mercedes). I'll need to recruit Dorothea, who has been by far my best mage so far (other than Hubert who is an absolute tank), other than that though, there will probably be very little recruitment from me.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm actually really excited to play the Blue Lions story. I think most of my favorite characters are Blue Lions (Felix, Ingrid, Mercedes). I'll need to recruit Dorothea, who has been by far my best mage so far (other than Hubert who is an absolute tank), other than that though, there will probably be very little recruitment from me.

Lysithia.
go for Lysthia.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not recruiting best girl Petra. Wow.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Totally forgot about her. I’m actually debating only recruiting 12 people total (including the 9 I start with). Maybe a few more for the adjutants. I really like the Blue Lion house.
I refuse to kill Petra.

I've yet to bond with the Blue Lions I didn't get in my Black Eagles run. I really like Sylvain a lot but the rest, still waiting on their supports to charm me. I know I'm probably gonna give Ashe the adjutant or bench treatment. He's a respectable unit for sure but his voice and manner of speaking is rather grating.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I refuse to kill Petra.

I've yet to bond with the Blue Lions I didn't get in my Black Eagles run. I really like Sylvain a lot but the rest, still waiting on their supports to charm me. I know I'm probably gonna give Ashe the adjutant or bench treatment. He's a respectable unit for sure but his voice and manner of speaking is rather grating.
Yeah I agree. Ashe isn’t my favorite but he’s actually a really good archer. I don’t think there’s a single one I don’t like in Blue Lions house though. Probably my favorite house.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah I agree. Ashe isn’t my favorite but he’s actually a really good archer. I don’t think there’s a single one I don’t like in Blue Lions house though. Probably my favorite house.
Still waiting to get to that point haha. The only ones I'm familiar with are Ashe, Felix and Sylvain. Sylvain is a GOAT character in terms of writing. Felix is just a monster unit. Ashe, meh. Annette just seems like a quieter Lissa from Awakening. Mercedes seems like the kind of girl that would start talking about her favorite bible passage while everyone else is talking about partying. Ingrid seems pretty bland so far. Dimitri also bland so far. Dedue seems like quiet Frederick. Of course I"m only two chapters in so I'm expecting that to change but I've yet to really feel the bond I developed with the Eagles.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
my one gripe is - I'm not sure why you get up toA rank in spells, you get an amazing spell, and you can only use it once. even if you get the classes that double magic use, there should be a tiny bit better reward.

Felix is a monster. (i'm so glad i got him)
Petra is amazing but not monsterish like Felix though she is a good assassin for me.
Bernadetta is adorable - but Leonie is doing her job better

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Thanks. So no use training anyone beyond my top 12 characters?

i train everyone equally it's not that hard.
(the only ones i don't touch are the teachers) - but i have them learn stufff anyway, in case they are needed for a paralogue or something.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
i train everyone equally it's not that hard.
(the only ones i don't touch are the teachers) - but i have them learn stufff anyway, in case they are needed for a paralogue or something.
I generally use the teachers as the adjutants. Well the healer teachers.

Also I think I’ve decided on my thought for classes

Favorite story-Black Eagles
Favorite characters (development)-Golden Deer
Favorite characters (battle)-Blue Lions

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I generally use the teachers as the adjutants. Well the healer teachers.

Also I think I’ve decided on my thought for classes

Favorite story-Black Eagles
Favorite characters (development)-Golden Deer
Favorite characters (battle)-Blue Lions
Jeez did you get through all three routes already? I'm still on chapter 5 of my second route.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mean same...are you just skipping by all battle days and dialogue? I don't understand how you can be three playthroughs through on only 60 hours.
I’m only finished with two and yeah some of the dialogue I’ve been skipping. Not battle days though. I’ve been exploring and doing battles at least once a month (normally at least one more than once but it’s kind of random which). Any dialogue with the church I skip through cause that bugs me.

The one thing that’s been very different in this game than past FE games is that battles aren’t taking me long at all. I think the max I’ve taken is like 30 minutes.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I’m only finished with two and yeah some of the dialogue I’ve been skipping. Not battle days though. I’ve been exploring and doing battles at least once a month (normally at least one more than once but it’s kind of random which). Any dialogue with the church I skip through cause that bugs me.

The one thing that’s been very different in this game than past FE games is that battles aren’t taking me long at all. I think the max I’ve taken is like 30 minutes.
I rarely get a battle that takes less than 8 turns.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Speaking of my second route, holy shit it's like 7/8 level ups are only two roll improvements. Ingrid for example is level 15 and still only has 8 attack.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I finally picked this up. Any spoiler free recommendations?
Not really anything to recommend. Just level up characters you like and go from there. I would say to make sure to take advantage of other houses and outside battles but the game itself isn’t hard. Just really well written. You get a chance to look at everyone very early on and so just make sure to thoroughly look at everyone and decide how you want to play.

Wait actually one big recommendation is get your professor level up early on.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I finally picked this up. Any spoiler free recommendations?

-In the monastery you don't have to talk to every student every month. It's nice for world and character building but it's not necessary.

-If you don't pick Blue Lions, make sure Byleth improves his/her sword stat cause Felix is an elite tier recruit.

-Without spoilers you should either do Edelgard's story first or last. Don't read too much into it as every possible route has grounding in the overarching narrative.

-Others might disagree but I really wouldn't use fishing to buff your professor exp unless you're close to leveling up. The XP gain is minimal.

-Make sure you're planting crops at the greenhouse every time you explore the monastery.

-I'd say don't skip any paralogues or monastery side quests if you plan on doing more than one route. Farming your renown stat will be beneficial to future runs.

-It's worth it to plan your character upgrades ahead of time and set goals to boost necessary stats to units that wouldn't otherwise be able to acquire them in battle as some advanced classes.

-Don't neglect buffing Byleth's stats. Focus on about three or four that you buff from the other monastery faculty for purposes of recruiting other students.

-There is a moment in the story where you find a place in the monastery that will essentially end the entire month. Don't do this in the first week. Wait till the second to last or last week to explore the monastery again and then go back to that spot. You'll miss out on a lot of progression if you do this (I made this mistake my first playthrough)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad