Fire Briere

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Oh no no no, don't think I was implying that this would cause Change. Only that it will stunt a bad impulse or two.

Can you imagine what they'd do and what they'd trade if they thought they were playoffs ready and just need to get over the bump?
I don't believe that anything has changed with their regard to that belief. They were in a playoff spot all year and fell short. They need that extra push.

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
I have bad news for you.

They're going to continue doing the same things because this was a rebuilding year. They weren't supposed to make the playoffs. The Authentic Anthony's of the world are already eating that line of thinking up. Not to mention just because they're not doing what YOU want as a rebuild doesn't mean they're not rebuilding... *fart noise*
This.

Go to The Athletic comment section. The takeaway from this season isn't that we're still stuck in mediocrity but that the rebuild is working and further along then they imagined.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
He wants them to be the Eagles (which will never happen).

:laugh:

The Eagles win the Super Bowl: A few million people rushed to a tv to watch Ray Didinger crying on live tv hugging his son and talking about how an eagle on the roof of his garage was one of his dead parents.

The Flyers win the Cup: Those neighbors I don't like very much have a Flyers flag. They're probably happy.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Oh no no no, don't think I was implying that this would cause Change. Only that it will stunt a bad impulse or two.

Can you imagine what they'd do and what they'd trade if they thought they were playoffs ready and just need to get over the bump?
ummm that is what they think..

this is year 2 of Briere 3 year rebuild...

the roster is basicly set minus MM and a few more old dogs...

#Culturewinscups...🤣🤣

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I get why it looks this way, but the Flyers by and large don't get favorable coverage. They get nothing, which is worst case. Outside of the outlets they own, they basically don't exist.

Disagree personally.

Any articles I read. Be it from Meltzer, or occasional tweets from other guys covering. All very pro team.

They would be obliterated up north after the last decade. The only coverage they really get up here is the annual “wtf are the Flyers doing” discussion.

Charlie brought up the other day that fans get upset at him for not being the conduit between their frustration, and the team. Thing is, the reporters in Philly don’t have a set on them when it comes to the Flyers.

That’s the easiest way I can put it, from my perspective anyway.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Disagree personally.

Any articles I read. Be it from Meltzer, or occasional tweets from other guys covering. All very pro team.

They would be obliterated up north after the last decade. The only coverage they really get up here is the annual “wtf are the Flyers doing” discussion.

Charlie brought up the other day that fans get upset at him for not being the conduit between their frustration, and the team. Thing is, the reporters in Philly don’t have a set on them when it comes to the Flyers.

That’s the easiest way I can put it, from my perspective anyway.

I get what you're saying. Two different ways of looking at it.

The coverage they do get is largely positive because it's either a traditional beat writer not writing many opinion pieces and catering toward a more casual audience (Inquirer people), a dunce and a creep (Kurz), Charlie, or team employees/owned by Comcast. In general, the writers in town are extremely critical. It's just that no one cares about the Flyers, so those people are on different gigs. Years ago, some of those people like Les Bowen and Rich Hofmann Sr. did cover the Flyers. It was quite different then.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Jones is blowing smoke out of his ass. The proof of it all is the product on the ice. It's bad; really bad. The Flyers are on the bottom of the sports page because they are becoming increasingly irrelevant by the game.
We'll just see how many people will dive in and buy STs next year. Living near Detroit right now, I had the opportunity to drive to a couple of games this season as I've done in the past but took a pass on it. They're not entertaining.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wonder if Briere weill come up with a similar soundbite to this tomorrow:

He said that from a points-percentage perspective, the Flyers are the fifth most-improved team this season.

21-22: .372
22-23: .457 (+.085)
23-24: .530 (+ .073)

Doing a quick check of some other teams that improved a lot this season it looks like the Flyers are the 4th most improved team by P%.

Vancouver + .167
Florida + .110
Winnipeg + .088
Philly +.073
St Louis + .067
Washington +0.67
Detroit + .067

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad