Proposal: Finish this trade...

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The Bruins were blitzing the league last season for almost 2 months and then Nathan was lost to injury.

The team was basically .500 the rest of the year and out in Round One.

Nathan is back and they are 7-1-1.

Could be a coincidence?

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Horton is going to be resigned, the B's are small enough upfront without subtracting one of the best power forwards in the game.

Seriously ?? I don't mind Horton but come on IF they ask for Horton in a deal for Perry its a NO Brainer !!!

20 goal scorer with 1 year scoring 30 doesn't come close to a 40 to 50 goal

one of the best power forwards in the game have hard time swallowing that one :help: sure he's scored some big goals and hits but lets leave it at that !!

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Makes sense that the Bruins maybe move Horton to a team before the trade deadline seeing as he will be UFA...

This will give the Bs enough cap room to make a huge move (possibly involving Horton in a 2-way or 3-way deal or possibly as a subsequent deal) at the deadline.

So, what do we think would happen if we move Horton?

Horton to ____________ for ____________ .

I am hoping it is something like Horton plus something to Anaheim for Perry.

I don't think it makes any sense. We'll likely be trading for UFAs if there's a trading deadline deal to be done.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
The Bruins were blitzing the league last season for almost 2 months and then Nathan was lost to injury.

Could be a coincidence?

Horton is a huge piece of this team's top 6, we don't have him in the lineup or any other player in our top 6 that is and we are far from being a contender. We are not as deep as our Cup run since we lost both Rex and Ryder, so losing another key piece in the top lines makes it really hard to compete offensively

Just look at the Caps series, yes Holtby was good but we couldn't get anything going

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Maybe after they trade Horton at the deadline someone will trade them a top 6 Right Wing to replace him.

Contending teams trade FOR guys like Horton (pending UFA's), not trade them away. The guy has played 9 hockey games in a calendar year, and had 6 points in last 5 games coming out of January. I think his best hockey is yet to come this year. For what it's worth, I do like the idea of switching he and Seguin up for a bit.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Thomas would have been off the books for next year anyway, trading him this year only makes cap space for this year and does absolutely nothing for next year. In order to capitalize on the space made by this trade, they need to use that cap space this year.

Ya - why do people keep saying that the Thomas move helps us sign Rask for next year???

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Bruins still have huge powerplay problems.They will add something ,wait and see.

They need to add movement and new strategy to the powerplay.

I'm glad to see some of the unit change ups, but I still think it's strategy over players that's the problem.

We added Kaberle 2 years ago, a supposed elite passer and PP quarterback (yes, I realize that's funny saying that now, but it was true for a good chunk of the past 10 years...). Yet, when he came, we still struggled. I think it's not player personel, but the PP coach needs to do something else. Look at teams with good power play numbers and see what they do. We don't do that often.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
if we're getting Perry we might as well acquire Crosby and re-unite that magical line from the 2005 WJC

crosby-bergeron-perry-wjc-getty.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Makes sense that the Bruins maybe move Horton to a team before the trade deadline seeing as he will be UFA...

This will give the Bs enough cap room to make a huge move (possibly involving Horton in a 2-way or 3-way deal or possibly as a subsequent deal) at the deadline.

So, what do we think would happen if we move Horton?

Horton to ____________ for ____________ .

I am hoping it is something like Horton plus something to Anaheim for Perry.

Horton to Boston for about 5 mil over 3 years....somewhere in the Krjeci and Lucic range

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
trade deadline is about 2 months away lets see what is going on in about 6 weeks

I know folks dont want to hear it but the Bruins needs come April 3rd may be defense, goal, nothing- who knows

they need nothing right now but health- and see what is going on with what they have

heard a bunch of stuff but it would just piss all the get rid of everyone and get this guy off:laugh:...ok, back to getting Iginla talk, trading Horton and other fun speculation

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Could be a coincidence?

ummm no and THEY know it. If he stays healthy expect a deal:)

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Only on HFBoards can Horton and a late 2nd rounder get you Jarome Iginla.

Iggy is old. I think that is all Calgary would get, maybe a prospect like Krug or Worsofsky.

Horton would never waive his NTC though he is a Bruin through this playoffs.

I think you have to entertain the idea of upgrading him for Perry long term. You can probably finish this year with both.

I like Horton, but I think hes worth Peverley/Kelly money. And he won't take a paycut to stay here.

Chiarelli could go after one more high end piece and that likely means nasty Nate plays on the third line with Pevs and Kelly this playoffs then walks in the summer.

BamBamCam*

Not to ruffle anyone's feathers but after watching Seguin go to the top line last game and that line clicked for two quick goals. Horton could very well be trade bait. I know we all love him and he has been fantastic but the future is now, this team is now. Upgrading from Horton would not be a bad idea.

This is pro sports we root for the sweater more than the player these days. Players do not stay in the fold for a career anymore.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not to ruffle anyone's feathers but after watching Seguin go to the top line last game and that line clicked for two quick goals. Horton could very well be trade bait. I know we all love him and he has been fantastic but the future is now, this team is now. Upgrading from Horton would not be a bad idea.

This is pro sports we root for the sweater more than the player these days. Players do not stay in the fold for a career anymore.

I'd love him long term but the fit I see is on the 3rd line opposite Peverley in the spot Bourque is in right now.

Now I'd probably rather move Kelly than Horton if I could pick one or the other. But I doubt you can have both or Kelly would waive his.

AND...the better Nate plays in the playoffs the harder it is to fit him in b/c he'll earn a raise. His 4 mil isn't a big overpayment. I really don't mind him at that number at all. But giving him 5 is a different story.

Still like the guy and am happy to have him back and healthy.

HIs first few games as a Bruin he showed glimpses of being a dominant winger, but he kept ringing posts, then lost his game a little when he played with Savard, and then got snakebit. Still put up a lot of points for a guy with such an up and down season and delivered in the playoffs with huge goals. I really like Horton. BUt I am not sure we ever see the dynamic player he could have been, and giving him anything over his current cap hit is a huge risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad