Financial Boycott of Melnyk-owned Senators

Are you going to financially support a Melnyk owned team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Even his most ardent supporters admit Melnyk is the problem.

What are the odds potential owners don't know this fact?

No potential owners or investors, are scanning these threads to help them decide whether or not to buy, or invest.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
No potential owners or investors, are scanning these threads to help them decide whether or not to buy, or invest.

thats right, they are talking to people who have first hand knowledge of the market & first hand knowledge of the drunken loser owner, & his years long disastrous relationship with fans and players.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

b8d024765ad4dd1c980ae290d4ad8670.jpg

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Not speaking for any other fan but i would rather the team fold or be moved than be a feeder team never truly competing and stealing money from my hard working Ottawa brothers and sisters as it is currently operating...its a tough stance but one i believe in and is no joke! I will not support Eugene Melnyk to the best of my ability in any form whatsoever moving forward and will encourage every other fan that i encounter to do the same.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Not sure why I'm bothering to respond to this nonsense, but here goes:

Of course you did dude, that's why I trashed your hypocritical statement.

What you're saying is that we all have the right to voice our displease in our own way, but ONLY in regards to EM. If it has to do with other posters in here we should ****? That's mighty convenient of you.

Maybe learn to identify context before responding? You're free to voice your displeasure against disgruntled fans all you want, however that's not the context of this thread.

Lots of people have claimed to be jumping ship dude, or did you skip all of the posts where people have claimed to be done here, or are going to change their allegiances to where ever EK goes. I mean if that's not you I'm not sure why you're taking his post so personally, but there are lots of posts along these lines.

Again, show me the receipts. It should be easy if there's "lots of people".

I'm taking it personally because I know for a fact that no one here is a bandwagon fan, bandwagon fans don't care enough to sign up for a message board and post their legitimate grievances against their favourite team.

You've been around for about as long as a fart in the wind, so yes, I don't mind backing a poster who rarely shares their opinions but has been around for more than a decade, not that they need or want it. Too many posts like your last one attacking people for sharing their differing opinion, all while you expect to be respected for your own opinions.

Woah now, we got an internet badass here folks. Everyone knows that nothing can boost your e-peen like HFBoards seniority.

Who said that I want my opinion to be respected? The only thing I want is for you to know that I don't respect yours at all.

And I didn't target Egg for sharing his opinion, I targeted him for calling disgruntled fans "bandwagoners", that's not an opinion, it's an accusation used to discredit the legitimate gripes people have about ownership and management.

Some people are rightfully pissed off at some of the fan behaviour, it's just not a popular opinion in here, and generally not one held by those who shout down differing opinions as a habit.

They can be as pissed off as they want, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and where they want to spend their hard earned cash. It just so happens that a lot of folks here don't want to fund Melnyk's ego any longer.

They are jumping ship. I see a lot of quitters here, and they are proud to say it too.

There is very little respect given around here. you told someone to GTFO, but let's talk about respecting opinions, shall we?:laugh:

Yeah, if you go around trying to delegitimize disgruntled fans by accusing them of being bandwagon fans, you better bet that I'm going to tell you to GTFO of here with that bs.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Ok, thanks for the response. Yes, arena revenue will help, for sure. But, the NHL helps as well, big time. That is in their constitution, that they all buy in and pay for, whether it is equalization payments, or the lockout war chest. They all help each other.

Now, it is also established that the Senators have lost money, (94M over a 10 year period).
Under Eugene Melnyk, Senators have lost $94 million It is a good read and reading it again, was actually relevant to what this team is doing debt-wise.

We know the owner is constantly refinancing to borrow and also reduce his payments. We also have revenues that are in Canadian Tire money instead of American.

I don't know if he is lying or not , but the above facts would tell me that at best, this is a revenue neutral business in this market only when you can go deep in the playoffs. Regular season only? No way. No one knows for sure how the CTC and the franchise co-exist, but losses are still losses nonetheless.

All of this to say , the NHL will simply expand equalization payments to make the franchise viable, and there are strings attached with that as well. They just don't give it to him without the Senators satisfying criterias.

I appreciate a normal discussion

A quote from Melnyk himself is not substantiated evidence that he is losing $9M per year, especially when he has flexibility in defining what arena management expenses encompass.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
A quote from Melnyk himself is not substantiated evidence that he is losing $9M per year, especially when he has flexibility in defining what arena management expenses encompass.
The 94M figure is a sham, as has been shown numerous times in this forum.

Didn't want to bother with that version of groundhog day, but feel free to tell them what they already know is true but will never admit.

BigCanadian

Mar 7, 2007
Kanata
Please point to a post of mine suggesting potential owners are reading this forum/thread.

Although Sensung isn't suggesting it, if I were looking to purchase or currently owned a Sports Franchise, I would absolutely be looking for fan input, and a dedicated forum like HFBoards would absolutely be a place I would have a staffer review periodically. Get the real input from dedicated fans. Why would you turn a blind eye to it? These are going to potentially be a loyal, vocal component of your customer base... Not so much engaging the fans, but monitoring for feedback, common views, etc.

If the Sens currently don't have someone checking for Sens feedback on a fan board like HFBoards, they are foolish. Not suggesting they do what fans say/think or that it would affect their decision to sell/not sell or buy/not buy the team, but knowing what the die-hard fans think is valuable information that should not be ignored, by current ownership nor by prospective owners.

Also, didn't Jerk Store get his design to the Sens through his posts on HFBoards originally? Wasn't it through his postings on here, that lead to further offline discussions about the logo?

Anyway, I submit that there is someone who should be dedicated to reviewing content for customer input here, in addition to holding focus groups, town halls, surveys etc.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

My guess if they want inside info on how the org is run, Cyril Leeder or Anselmi might be willing to talk to them, assuming they doesn't have a NDA that prohibits it,

Talk to other owners maybe, lots of insiders out there that could give an honest and informed assessment

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Not sure why I'm bothering to respond to this nonsense, but here goes:

Maybe learn to identify context before responding? You're free to voice your displeasure against disgruntled fans all you want, however that's not the context of this thread.

Again, show me the receipts. It should be easy if there's "lots of people".

I'm taking it personally because I know for a fact that no one here is a bandwagon fan, bandwagon fans don't care enough to sign up for a message board and post their legitimate grievances against their favourite team.

Woah now, we got an internet badass here folks. Everyone knows that nothing can boost your e-peen like HFBoards seniority.

Who said that I want my opinion to be respected? The only thing I want is for you to know that I don't respect yours at all.

And I didn't target Egg for sharing his opinion, I targeted him for calling disgruntled fans "bandwagoners", that's not an opinion, it's an accusation used to discredit the legitimate gripes people have about ownership and management.

They can be as pissed off as they want, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and where they want to spend their hard earned cash. It just so happens that a lot of folks here don't want to fund Melnyk's ego any longer.

Yeah, if you go around trying to delegitimize disgruntled fans by accusing them of being bandwagon fans, you better bet that I'm going to tell you to GTFO of here with that bs.

I appreciate you taking the time to response here, but this post is mostly just a disjointed angry ramble that has little to do what you've quoted, while being filled with hypocritical points, and negative filler. A waste of time and energy really.

Seriously, if you can't take the time to read people's posts on this board to find the context referred to in a post you'd like to quote, you should probable just avoid responding to altogether. Asking for "receipts" is just weird.

As for your personal jabs, you're one of a few people here that like to be loud and proud about not respecting (my) opinions, these are 'you' problems and are of no concern to me.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Not speaking for any other fan but i would rather the team fold or be moved than be a feeder team never truly competing and stealing money from my hard working Ottawa brothers and sisters as it is currently operating...its a tough stance but one i believe in and is no joke! I will not support Eugene Melnyk to the best of my ability in any form whatsoever moving forward and will encourage every other fan that i encounter to do the same.
What are you talking about? The sens have been to the cup finals already, and twice to the conference finals since their return to the NHL in 1992. Sens fans should be proud that our team hasn't missed the playoffs in back to back seasons in 21 years! There are teams around the league that don't make the playoffs sometimes in 3 or 4 years at a time. Every time you get to the playoffs you have a chance to win(2016 season should be an example of that). So saying they are never really competing is completely false.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
And I didn't target Egg for sharing his opinion, I targeted him for calling disgruntled fans "bandwagoners"

Nothing wrong with an angry fan. Any fan turning their backs on their teams during tough times, yet seen back in droves when they win again, are bandwaggon fans.

I've never said being a disgruntled fan is wrong. However, boycotting a team that hasn't even played a regular season game yet, is. As stated, I guarantee you your movement fizzles, the moment they put together a solid win streak, which puts the "bandwaggon" term I used back into play.

There are better ways to put pressure on a team, than to make moves that ensures the NHL actively looks into other markets to move it to.

There's a reason why business and emotion shouldn't mix.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's too late, at least in the short(ish) term. We lost our crown jewel.

New management could come in tomorrow, and I'd still feel terrible. It's only the pipedream that EK comes back next year with new management that keeps my fire burning, but the sparkler is almost burned out.
My advice would be to move on. Its like a divorce .. feelings can still be there but .. got to move on

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Except no one is jumping ship

Anyone that stops supporting their team, is jumping ship. It doesn't matter if its for the "greater good". When you break down into the logic of things, it really isn't.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions....

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Anyone that stops supporting their team, is jumping ship. It doesn't matter if its for the "greater good". When you break down into the logic of things, it really isn't.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions....

Blindly giving a company money that has no intention of filling their end of the bargain is stupid.

This isn't just about the sens being bad. We've been bad before, no one boycott the team then.

This is about the Melnyk and his cronies trying to destroy the Ottawa franchise.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
There are better ways to put pressure on a team, than to make moves that ensures the NHL actively looks into other markets to move it to.
What exactly are those better ways to put pressure on ownership and management? If you have the solution to ensure that our displeasure with the way the team is run is heard and acted upon by management and not actively ignored or downplayed like previous attempts then I am all ears.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
You could not be more clueless if you tried.

Please point to a post of mine suggesting potential owners are reading this forum/thread.

I bet this HFBoard is monitored by teams and the NHL. It is a gold mine of fan feedback with a very large following. They would be stupid not to. Potential owners are probably not personally reading through the threads, but if I was an analyst doing due diligence on the market it would be a valuable source of fan feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany