Financial Boycott of Melnyk-owned Senators

Are you going to financially support a Melnyk owned team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Melnyk has made it clear that he’s only focused on icing the cheapest team possible and doesn’t care about winning. I won’t be supporting this team financially tickets + merchandise but will continue to follow them and hope that the team is sold.

Also, just to be clear, boycotting Melnyk doesn’t make you a bad fan in my eyes. We want better for this team.

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
f*** I accidentally voted "yes" because I thought the question was "will you boycott?" :(

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I guess you can chalk me up, but more because I live in the Yukon, and I use free streams for viewing. I gave up buying much for memorabilia a while ago now.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’m out of town so I don’t get to spend as much, but my boycott of spending on anything Sens started last year so it will continue.

And I’ve said once Melnyk sells I’m making the 10 hour car ride out there, buying a lower level ticket to a game and grabbing 10 egg rolls and 5 beers there. Or was it 10 beers and 5 egg rolls? Either way, you’ll get my money!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I bought Cirque du Soleil tickets yesterday for my wife and I for the show next week, but I see that less as supporting Melnyk, and more as supporting our future owners (hopefully, someday...), so I don't feel too bad about it.

Certainly not spending any money on Sens-related stuff until this team can get it's head out of the sand and admit it's 2018 and this isn't the way a modern NHL team is supposed to be run.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Count is rubbing off on you

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

ae51QGAN1Y9tnRN7hZBno4cgF6k=.gif

Reactions: Pierre in Orleans

SENSability

Oct 13, 2017
I live in Toronto and as much as I dislike Melnyk, I will still get Center Ice so that I can watch the Sens. I don't want to see Ottawa lose their team, which could well happen if they don't have any support. If I lived in Ottawa I would go to a few games a year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
1. I imagine like me there are a lot of people with relatives & friends who live somewhere else who like to go to games when they visit here & will likely go to games with them when they visit.
2. Are we boycotting concerts & other events at the CTC or just hockey games? What if your favourite band is coming to the CTC, should we go or should we stay?
3. How many people have kids who could care less who the owner is & probably don't even know & will pressure their parents to take them to hockey games or buy them Sens souvenirs? How many parents will buy their kids tickets/souvenirs as gifts because they know that's what the kids want?
4. What if EM still owns the team next yr & the yr after that, how long does the boycott go on & we still aren't going to games? What if the team starts to get really good again but EM is still the owner do we still boycott the games?
5. What if EM builds an arena downtown, but still owns the team, do we still boycott the team & the new arena? What if EK is traded & EM still owns the team & they still build a new arena downtown, do we still boycott the new arena?
6, Do we boycott the arena until EK is re-signed or forever or until their is a new arena, what are the parameters of this boycott?

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I haven't spent a dime on this organization since early 2015 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad