GDT: Final Fake Fight: Blue Jackets @ Sabres, 7 PM, MSG-B/WGR

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Team needs to work on its passing, and puck support.

That's where the blue jackets' success came from tonight.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This is probably controversial opinion but Legwand is good along the boards and strong on the puck and on the PK. I'd like to see him centering the 4th line.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Why not? Kane and Eichel are fine together, you just can't have Gionta with them.

Kane and Eichel were on top of each other all night.....and generally it was because Kane was carrying the puck to the space Eichel was already occupying.

Could they learn some chemistry? Sure.

But, ideally, I think they play on separate lines.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Kane and Eichel were on top of each other all night.....and generally it was because Kane was carrying the puck to the space Eichel was already occupying.

Could they learn some chemistry? Sure.

But, ideally, I think they play on separate lines.

Good points, I don't think they will start the regular season together regardless.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
So does anyone else think that we're basically going to be the 2011-2012 Tampa Bay Lighting?

1) Tons of goals both for and against
2) Hedman is playing his second full season, Risto playing his second full season
3) M.A. Bergeron = Franson
4) Will be about 10 pts from making the playoffs
5) Goalie experimentation
6) 1 Center star being built around (Stamkos / Eichel)

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Reinhart is too frail still and I think should season his game in the AHL.

If you still think he's too frail after tonight's game, then I don't know what to say.

He was grinding along the boards right with Richard and Zemgod, not looking out of place and even winning the board battles half the time.

He's NHL ready, and I don't think there's even a debate about it....but that's my opinion.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
So does anyone else thank that we're basically going to be the 2011-2012 Tampa Bay Lighting?

1) Tons of goals both for and against
2) Hedman is playing his second full season, Risto playing his second full season
3) M.A. Bergeron = Franson
4) Will be about 10 pts from making the playoffs
5) Goalie experimentation
6) 1 Center star being built around (Stamkos / Eichel)

Might not be a bad comparison at all.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
If you still think he's too frail after tonight's game, then I don't know what to say.

He was grinding along the boards right with Richard and Zemgod, not looking out of place and even winning the board battles half the time.

He's NHL ready, and I don't think there's even a debate about it....but that's my opinion.

agreed. Columbus is one of the most physical teams in the league and he held his own. A lot of awkward falls sure but some great plays and chemistry with that line.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Well said. If fans expect Reinhart to be a punishing hitter, they haven't followed him for very long. He played ok tonight. The team overall didn't play very well for the most part. But he was not among those that were terrible.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Watching the replays of Larsson postgame makes me smile. Especially when he outlets it to Girgs. Those two will be being pains in the *** for the opposition for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad