1st line:
Smith Wilson Neal
2nd line:
Forsberg Hook Cullen
3rd line:
Bourque Jokinen Salomaki
4th line:
Nystrom Gaustad Sissons

I highly doubt OJ is our 3rd line C but I'm hopeful.

Take out Salomaki for Stalberg and I think that is closer to what we have.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I still don't see Smith and Neal on the same line because of their style of play. We really only have two snipers and having them on the same line doesn't make sense. At this point I see it looking something like this to start the year.

Neal/Wilson/Forsberg
Cullen/Olli/Smith
Bourque/Jarnkrok/Stalberg
Nystrom/Gaustad/Clune or Salomaki

I could also see the top two line like this instead,

Cullen/Wilson/Smith
Neal/Olli/Forsberg

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
I still don't see Smith and Neal on the same line because of their style of play. We really only have two snipers and having them on the same line doesn't make sense. At this point I see it looking something like this to start the year.

Neal/Wilson/Forsberg
Cullen/Olli/Smith
Bourque/Jarnkrok/Stalberg
Nystrom/Gaustad/Clune or Salomaki

I could also see the top two line like this instead,

Cullen/Wilson/Smith
Neal/Olli/Forsberg

The article on NHL.com said that Cullen would get a shot at C under Lavy...so that kinda screws the pooch on Wilson and Hook both playing their natural C position.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The article on NHL.com said that Cullen would get a shot at C under Lavy...so that kinda screws the pooch on Wilson and Hook both playing their natural C position.

No it doesn't.

Wilson
Jarnkrok
Cullen
Gaustad

Jokinen at wing.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

Yep... good find. Good stuff in this article.

A major variable is the introduction of new coach Peter Laviolette. Matt Cullen, who finished last season as a productive left wing, will get a try at center under Laviolette; Cullen enjoyed the most successful seasons of his career when they were with Carolina. Colin Wilson will also compete for a spot at center.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=726046&navid=nhl:topheads

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
honestly I'm not going to be fedup if jarnkrok is moved to wing, he seems like a playmaker type who could be suited to playing well on the wing also, and wasn't particularly good at faceoffs. Wilson I hope does stay at center though, he look markedly improved playing at C instead of wing. I'm hoping Forsberg makes the team out of camp and stays up though. It seems like he's been making the progress he needs to play at an NHL level.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Neal has said he likes playing better on his off wing... That's one of the reasons I think Smith plays with Neal.

Yes, but..... assuming you do that Wilson is centering that line, right? So I realize Barry stressed D responsibility a little more than Peter, but doesn't Peter expect a little bit of D?:shakehead

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yes, but..... assuming you do that Wilson is centering that line, right? So I realize Barry stressed D responsibility a little more than Peter, but doesn't Peter expect a little bit of D?:shakehead

Wilson's not touching that line anymore

Lif

Nov 3, 2013
Filip was at Leksands first practice on ice yesterday. Looked a step above the rest. Really hard to knock him off the puck. Showed some nice moves and that great wrist shot of his.
Hoping to see him in Nashville coming season.

GenericFan2*

Hmmmm

Forsberg - Wilson - Neal
Smith - Jarnkrok - Jokinen
Bourque - Cullen - Stalberg
Nystrom/Watson-Gaustad-Sissons/Clune
Beck as the first call-up.
Love it.

2nd line RW should be the next hole targeted IMO, can be found for cheap. I'd defs be interested in looking at Paajarvi as a possibility on the wing.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Love it.

2nd line RW should be the next hole targeted IMO, can be found for cheap. I'd defs be interested in looking at Paajarvi as a possibility on the wing.

I'd love to have Pääjärvi but he has underperformed his entire career. He'd end up taking a spot that a prospect could use.

Edit: I think Stålberg would be a better fit on the 2nd line than Pääjärvi would be.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Love it.

You know Neal is a LWer and Smith is a RWer, that line proposal had them backwards. Its a LWer for the 2nd line that we need

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
You know Neal is a LWer and Smith is a RWer, that line proposal had them backwards. Its a LWer for the 2nd line that we need

Neal can play either wing. Like a lot of snipers, he enjoys playing the off wing so he can rip one-timers. He scored plenty of goals at RW for the Pens.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Neal can play either wing. Like a lot of snipers, he enjoys playing the off wing so he can rip one-timers. He scored plenty of goals at RW for the Pens.

Yeah I know but the only time I see him being on the Right side is playing opposite to Weber on the Powerplay receiving passes from Josi. Good lord the shots we are going to see is going to be something else on the PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad