Filip Forsberg

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
Joe Bowen on Leafs TV just now: "Filip Forsberg...name sound familiar? Well, it should. His dad was a pretty good player for the Colorado Avalanche."

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Bump. How is he looking? I hope he can manage to get on the roster next season.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Bump. How is he looking? I hope he can manage to get on the roster next season.

I think i'd rather have Fiala up then Forsberg. Going by what I saw at the scrimmage, Fiala looked more ready to play in the NHL. He was shifty, made great passes, and could skate with our guys right out of the gate. Im only worried about Fiala's size but I think he can handle himself.

Forsberg looks like he has most definitely improved over last year, but I think he needs at least a half of a season in Milwaukee.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I think i'd rather have Fiala up then Forsberg. Going by what I saw at the scrimmage, Fiala looked more ready to play in the NHL. He was shifty, made great passes, and could skate with our guys right out of the gate. Im only worried about Fiala's size but I think he can handle himself.

Forsberg looks like he has most definitely improved over last year, but I think he needs at least a half of a season in Milwaukee.

Completely disagree. Forsberg looked very good - predicting he makes the team out of camp this season.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Just wondering id Forsberg will hit waiver edposure this year if he makes the big club... that may have a lot to do with if and when he makes the big roster

gela

Dec 26, 2013
Nashville
Completely disagree. Forsberg looked very good - predicting he makes the team out of camp this season.

I think he's ready, and with the defensive work I've seen from him in Milwaukee I think it'd be likely even if we still had Trotz.

Fiala is obviously very skilled but he's still small and will need a couple of years, one in Sweden and one in NA, before he'll be able to make the jump.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I think he's ready, and with the defensive work I've seen from him in Milwaukee I think it'd be likely even if we still had Trotz.

Fiala is obviously very skilled but he's still small and will need a couple of years, one in Sweden and one in NA, before he'll be able to make the jump.

Fiala is 5'11 185 pounds, that is bigger then a few guys are effective in the NHL. He was holding guys off in the scrimmage, not NHL strong, but it shows he isn't weak. Not to mention we have a good bit of offseason left.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN

He looked good, don't get me wrong. I think he was the best out there besides Fiala, but I just like Fiala's game better i guess. Forsberg's outlet pass was very good though.

Another guy who doesn't get a lot of talk here is Jimmy Vesey, he has some wheels. I think he could be a good player for us one day.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
What about Leipsic ? Any chance we see him get called up ?

Wouldn't mind shipping off Bourque and Watson for picks and rolling this for the fall

Neal-Cullen-Forsberg ( I think Cullen is our best playmaker )

Hook- Wilson Smith

Leipsic- Jokinen-Stalberg

Sissons-goose- Nystrom

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Fiala is 5'11 185 pounds, that is bigger then a few guys are effective in the NHL. He was holding guys off in the scrimmage, not NHL strong, but it shows he isn't weak. Not to mention we have a good bit of offseason left.

I don't see any reason we start the clock ticking on Fialas ELC when we have slew of prospects who have been waiting for a chance to prove they belong in the NHL.

Id put Fialas chances at making the preds roster this fall as close to zero as you can get...

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't see any reason we start the clock ticking on Fialas ELC when we have slew of prospects who have been waiting for a chance to prove they belong in the NHL.

Id put Fialas chances at making the preds roster this fall as close to zero as you can get...

The only way I see it happening is if he comes to camp and just burns the place down.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013

If he impresses in camp, he may get a chance to play a few games at the start of the season. There's always the ELC slide rule. I doubt Laviolette cares how long the prospects have been waiting. He'll ice whichever players fit his system and give the Preds the best chance to win.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
What about Leipsic ? Any chance we see him get called up ?

Wouldn't mind shipping off Bourque and Watson for picks and rolling this for the fall

Neal-Cullen-Forsberg ( I think Cullen is our best playmaker )

Hook- Wilson Smith

Leipsic- Jokinen-Stalberg

Sissons-goose- Nystrom

No way that I want to see Cullen at center and Wilson at wing. Both were complete garbage last year at those spots. Wilson looked a lot more comfortable after he was moved to center, and Cullen got hot after being moved to Fisher's wing.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
No way that I want to see Cullen at center and Wilson at wing. Both were complete garbage last year at those spots. Wilson looked a lot more comfortable after he was moved to center, and Cullen got hot after being moved to Fisher's wing.

Looks like he's got Wilson at center.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
In my ideal world with this current roster it's
1st line:
Smith Wilson Neal
2nd line:
Forsberg Hook Cullen
3rd line:
Bourque Jokinen Salomaki
4th line:
Nystrom Gaustad Sissons

I highly doubt OJ is our 3rd line C but I'm hopeful.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
In my ideal world with this current roster it's
1st line:
Smith Wilson Neal
2nd line:
Forsberg Hook Cullen
3rd line:
Bourque Jokinen Salomaki
4th line:
Nystrom Gaustad Sissons

I highly doubt OJ is our 3rd line C but I'm hopeful.

I know this is your ideal world, but I do not see Salomaki, Sissons and Forsberg all making the roster. This would also imply that we are waiving Beck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad