Filip Forsberg

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Theres little reason to keep FF in Nashville right now. Send him to the Ads where he can make a difference he could be the player that could put the ADs in the playoffs. He would have the AHL plyoff experience and come time for camp he may not need a month or so in Milwaukee before getting here for good.

He made his debut now let him help the farm team, lord knows we have ***** them this year.

I said this ten days ago now FF is headed to Milwaukee and he and the Preds will be better for it.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I just do not understand why they did not let him play his 5th game for the Preds, then send him down.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
More likely, tonight is the first playoff game for the Ads, and they want him there because he might be useful.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Get the kid as many games as you can in NA. It isn't like he's going to get burned out.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I think their logic would be something like this. They can send him back now and he can get a practice in before the game tomorrow with the Ads and then come back and play a final NHL game Saturday...

or they could play him tonight and send him to the Ads for Saturdays game with no chance to practice with the team before hand.

I think they made the right choice and hopefully the Ads can pull the series out and keep going and give him even more time on the NA ice.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
I said this ten days ago now FF is headed to Milwaukee and he and the Preds will be better for it.

it was 100% obvious FF wasnt playing more than 5 NHL games. You basically complained about what everyone already knew. FF got a taste of the NHL, and nothing else. IF anyone thought he was going to be on our first line from his first game on, they were dearly mistaken.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
it was 100% obvious FF wasnt playing more than 5 NHL games. You basically complained about what everyone already knew. FF got a taste of the NHL, and nothing else. IF anyone thought he was going to be on our first line from his first game on, they were dearly mistaken.

When I posted the prior post The AD's had not locked up a position in the playoffs. My point was than and now is FF would have helped the AD's to make the playoffs and gian more experience in NA playing in the AHL playoffs. I continue to believe that allowing him to play more than a couple games in Nashville was little more than a ticket enhancing ploy. While he got his first point against the AHL Calgary team what else has it proved.

I hope the AD's have a deep run even win the Calder and give FF the chance to excell before camp next season.

I understand that most do not agree but every minute he develops in the AHL cuts off development next year. If hes in Milwaukee or Nashville theres still a learning curve from European to NHL hockey. I suppose most would prefer FF to struggle next season in Nashville be benched sent down brought back up benched again. If you need proof ee Wilsons first couple years in Nashville. Or would you prefer he takes the Smith route. The guy has potential just as the upcoming pick will have. They will need to be developed for crying out loud were talking about 18 year olds.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
the point was he was going to play 5 games in the NHL no matter what. We didnt entice him to fly over to NA to play for a minor league spot, he came over to try out for a spot in the NHL. Trotz and Poile themselves said we wanted to see what we have in him. We got the best idea from his games in the NHL. Poile and Trotz arent coaches of the Admirals, they are coaches for the predators after all.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Since this was a shortened season and the ELC guy were limited to 5 games instead of 9... do players like Forsberg get 4 games next season for their preview period?

Or do they get a fresh 9 games next season?

OR does it not even matter, does he burn a year regardless of NHL appearances since he'll be going to Milwaukee and not a Jr league?

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Since this was a shortened season and the ELC guy were limited to 5 games instead of 9... do players like Forsberg get 4 games next season for their preview period?

OR does it not even matter, does he burn a year regardless of NHL appearances since he'll be going to Milwaukee and not a Jr league?

The slide rule will be back to 9 games beginning next season. In Forsberg's case however it is not applicable as a team can only use the slide rule once per player during their ELC.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

I believe it's a fresh 9 games.

But I also believe the context clues from the end of year pressers from Poile, Trotz, and even Weber suggest that Forsberg will most likely be in Nashville next year.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I believe it's a fresh 9 games.

But I also believe the context clues from the end of year pressers from Poile, Trotz, and even Weber suggest that Forsberg will most likely be in Nashville next year.

its actually moot unless they would consider sending him back to Europe.

If he's in Nashville or Milwaukee, his ELC will start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad