Player Discussion Filip Chytil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Chytil has shown nothing. The Rangers over hype this kid beyond belief. Andersson is a much better player at this point and can do a lot more things to help your team win. Andersson is a gamer. IMO, he doesn't care about Traverse or the pre-season. I think Quinn got mad at him because of that. Who cares. The kid shows up on game day when it matters. Chytil should spend the rest of the year in the AHL where he can figure a lot of things out. Quinn barely gave Fontaine a chance in the pre-season which I didn't understand. Fogarty does deserve a call up on the 4th line. Unfortunately, our GM was stupid and signed Spooner and Naamestnikov instead of trading them in the off-season.
He constantly makes great, crisp passes to start O zone opportunities. That's not showing nothing.

I haven't seen a ton of NYR hype. They are excited for what he can do but they have not done anything extravagant to hype him up. See Sam Darnold for what hype is. (Not saying it was undeserved, just saying, that's what hype is)

Chytil is more offensively inclined and could have shown greater chemistry in pre-season with the top 6 so they gave him this chance. Andersson has barely played in the AHL or NHL. There are likely many things they want him to work on in regards to positioning, O play and communication. The A is a great place to do that.

Chytil may need to go to the A for as little while or for the rest of the season.

Fogarty isn't going anywhere. Rookies are much more prone to big mistakes and big periods of on ice stuggles. You can't have too many rookies. Let some of these guys marinate in the A some more and work on acclimating to Quinn's system. It's not a problem to have Spooner or Names at all. I think the very strong possibility exists that they are here in case not every single rookie was ready to step into the NHL. That is EXTREMELY reasonable to think. When the rookies are ready, they will come up and the aforementioned will be traded.

Reactions: haveandare

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
I put together a little highlight package of FC from the 3rd period last night. Dude was dynamic AF. Excuse my poor video editing.

The goals and the points are going to start coming.

This was awesome. Thanks for putting together.

I think one other thing that's worth considering is the report that Chytil has been the best player on the Rangers in practice. It's possible that his game is already at another level in practice and it's just taking him a little bit of time to put it together in games.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Weird that he would say that he didn't then:

It amazes me that people who get paid to write about the Rangers don't know when a contract can slide, or think that when a forward is injured, it opens a protection slot for a goalie in the expansion draft :laugh:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Send him to the AHL. Slide the contract year. No need to waste a season on this tirefire. We'll need the cheap ELC/cost-controlled years production when this "rebuild" is over.

Fight me.

There's still a chance the Seattle expansion draft will be in 2021, which is also an important reason to have Chytil's contract slide.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Send him to the AHL. Slide the contract year. No need to waste a season on this tirefire. We'll need the cheap ELC/cost-controlled years production when this "rebuild" is over.

Fight me.
1-I want to be at least entertained this season.
2- He is showing that he is an NHL player now, we should reward his play. Merit should be a thing even in a rebuilding year.
3- Lias is currently the 2nd line center in AHL (Holland is the first), he would probably get less ice time with Chytil on the team.
4- One year of contract control won't make or break the team in the future. Anyhow, he will probably be signed to a sizeable contract - if he deserves so- when we will become a contender.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This was awesome. Thanks for putting together.

I think one other thing that's worth considering is the report that Chytil has been the best player on the Rangers in practice. It's possible that his game is already at another level in practice and it's just taking him a little bit of time to put it together in games.

Thanks. I hope to make more in the near future.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Send down chytil call up Holland problem solved.
I want Chytil racking up big minutes in all situations like Anderson. No point ducking up his development. Quinn is schizo with his lines and benching to start the year which is terrible for the rookies.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
They're not going to slide the contract. He's going to get 10 games, whether it's 10 in a row right now or maybe he gets the games later.

Let him keep plugging away. Guys like Spooner, Zucc, Hayes etc. are short for this team.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I would be shocked if both Andersson and Chytil don't play more than 9 games this season.

I'm not really worried about anything sliding --- this team will not be in a position where it has to fear the 2021 expansion draft too badly.

Chytil looks like he belongs, he's just having an anti-JT Miller season. He's doing what he needs to, but the pucks just aren't going in.

If Andersson keeps playing the way he has, he'll be up as well. And he'll have earned it.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I would be shocked if both Andersson and Chytil don't play more than 9 games this season.

I'm not really worried about anything sliding --- this team will not be in a position where it has to fear the 2021 expansion draft too badly.

Chytil looks like he belongs, he's just having an anti-JT Miller season. He's doing what he needs to, but the pucks just aren't going in.

If Andersson keeps playing the way he has, he'll be up as well. And he'll have earned it.

One could argue that this is the case for the whole team. Our effort is there. We're just not getting the results.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Over the course of an 82-game season, pucks will start going in for Chytil, as well as the whole team.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah well Chytil need to adapt so not worried about his development.

Reactions: WeRa

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
What will prevent Chytil from being a big scorer like Jagr was? He has better speed, about similar size, seems very skilled and also has great vision. What did Jagr have (besides the mullet) that Chytil does not?
Everybody who played against JJ before the draft told about absolutely different level of Jaromir (for example Petr Nedved). Similar to Filip he played Czech top league in his 17. When JJ was 18, he has almost 1.2 PPG... Interesting is Robert Reichel - one year older then Jaromir, in 52 games 49+34=83 pts ... 1.6 PPG...
So.. what does it means? Nothing... :nod:

Elite Prospects - Czech Stats 1989-1990

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Guy is one of the youngest players in the league and the only thing he's not doing yet is producing on a consistent basis. Let's just be appreciative that the team had the mindfullness to take him in the first place.

He's going to be a beast in a year or two. There is really nothing stopping him. He'd get more time in the minors to play, but the Rangers clearly don't think he has much more to gain down there. Andersson will be here before we know it too

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Via NaturalStatTrick, at 5v5 (venue/score adjusted):

48.8 CF%
73.34 GF%
60.37 HDCF%
65.04 HDGF%
5.02 On-ice SH%
97.96 On-ice SV%
1.030 PDO

60 OZ Start%

You should expect the bolded to equalize at some point in the future.

These are good underlying stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad