Prospect Info: Filip Chlapik - potential

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Just a Chlapik PSA, ideally his name is pronounced "khla-peek". If a "kh" sound is too weird, just approximate it with a normal "h", but please for the love of God no "sh".

Thanks for listening and hope he keeps it up out there!

So... the "kh" sound... is that the same same kh sound made famous in Star Trek 2, the wrath of Khan?

khaaaaan-images-of-kirk-khan-meme-rock-cafe-53820701.png

Or is it a rougher sounding "H" similar to how one might pronounce "H" when they have a nasty cold?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Well this post didn't age well.
Well you could say that based on the past 6 or so games Pageau is better than every other player in the league. He is on an incredible hot streak that will stop soon based on his history. Then he will go back to being an average 3rd line centre.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Well you could say that based on the past 6 or so games Pageau is better than every other player in the league. He is on an incredible hot streak that will stop soon based on his history. Then he will go back to being an average 3rd line centre.
And still be way better than the Lada.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

He really isnt an average third line center though thats why you were wrong and continue to be wrong on this topic. Its a bad take. He has been given top 6 icetime twice in his career and he produces. Then in the playoffs he plays so well they move him up in the lineup and he produces. I actually find it hard to believe that anyone that watches this team consistently would have your opinion on Pageau.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Chlapik definitely looks good in his limited minutes. Hopefully he can see some more substantive ice time after the TDL.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He's a winger at the NHL level, and he will be a good 3rd line guy who can chip in offense. He should be a part of an offensive 3rd line, not a black hole shutdown 3rd line we have employed previously.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
He really isnt an average third line center though thats why you were wrong and continue to be wrong on this topic. Its a bad take. He has been given top 6 icetime twice in his career and he produces. Then in the playoffs he plays so well they move him up in the lineup and he produces. I actually find it hard to believe that anyone that watches this team consistently would have your opinion on Pageau.
My original take was made in Sept 2018 where I said Tierney was better than Pageau. And last year Tierney was definitely better than JGP.
JGP is on an incredible hot streak right now so good for him. And he has had a few similar streaks in the past where he is "all world" for a few games. But then he lapses back into what he is: an average 3rd liner that has never had over 45 points or 20 goals in a season.
But guys like you are wrong when you use a half dozen games, good or bad, to justify what a player is when we have over 5 seasons of evidence to look at.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
My original take was made in Sept 2018 where I said Tierney was better than Pageau. And last year Tierney was definitely better than JGP.
JGP is on an incredible hot streak right now so good for him. And he has had a few similar streaks in the past where he is "all world" for a few games. But then he lapses back into what he is: an average 3rd liner that has never had over 45 points or 20 goals in a season.
But guys like you are wrong when you use a half dozen games, good or bad, to justify what a player is when we have over 5 seasons of evidence to look at.
Well, yeah, Pageau had a torn Achilles and played less than half the season, with no training camp.

Tierny has had more than 45 points once, and has never had 20 goals either, only 2 times scoring more than 10. In fact, Pageau has the best scoring season of the 2, and has scored more than 10 or more 5 times.

Over their careers, Pageau has 3 less points in 3 more games, with 20 more goals, while being one of the best shutdown 3rd line Centers in the league, and is +25 over his career. Tierny is -42, while getting nowhere near the difficult matchups.

Their careers to date Pageau has been a much better player, both regular season and playoffs.

If given the option of getting one of Pageau or Tierny for the playoff push for the same price this deadline, and then resigning them, 30/30 teams would take Pageau.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I've been semi impressed with the bits of pieces I've caught of him this year. Not sure what his upside would be in another organization, but I'll stand by my prediction that he's nothing more than a bottom-six LW/C on this team moving forward.

There's just too many guys I consider above him at those spots (Brown, White, JGP/CT, Norris and Tkachuk, Formenton, Duclair/Namestnikov). Add to that fact that the top end of this year draft is littered with C/LW prospects (Lafreniere, Byfield, Lundell, Perfetti, Stutzle, Lapierre, Holloway, Rossi) and the odds we walk away with another premium asset at one of those positions leaves Chlappie in tough.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So... the "kh" sound... is that the same same kh sound made famous in Star Trek 2, the wrath of Khan?

khaaaaan-images-of-kirk-khan-meme-rock-cafe-53820701.png

Or is it a rougher sounding "H" similar to how one might pronounce "H" when they have a nasty cold?

Most frequently it is described as how the Scottish would pronounce the "ch" in Loch (Ness Monster), if that's any more help than referring to it as a voiceless velar fricative.

Reactions: Micklebot

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Didnt use a half dozen games. What are you talking about? Pageau came off a torn achiles last year..... You didnt even read my post or didnt address what I said. No wonder youre misinformed.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
HE was compared to Martin Hanzal when he was drafted:

338 career points
16 goals season high
41 points season high

Martin Hanzal Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

This is one of the weirdest comparisons I've ever seen that is still oddly accurate lol

On the one hand... Hanzal is a foot taller, slow, and plays a puck protection power game
On the other hand... they are both much more impactful than their offensive numbers indicate, they are (were) both elite 3rd liners, they're both identity players and they both drag their teammates into the trenches with them

I see the comparison, which is impressive given the massive, obvious differences between the two players

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This is one of the weirdest comparisons I've ever seen that is still oddly accurate lol

On the one hand... Hanzal is a foot taller, slow, and plays a puck protection power game
On the other hand... they are both much more impactful than their offensive numbers indicate, they are (were) both elite 3rd liners, they're both identity players and they both drag their teammates into the trenches with them

I see the comparison, which is impressive given the massive, obvious differences between the two players

Bob Loewes if I remember

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

He was talking about Chlapik. If I'm not mistaken, you were thinking Tuna was talking about Pageau, considering the number of posts about Peugeot/Tinerey in this Chalapik thread.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Never heard a Hanzel comparison once leading up to, or after the draft. Not similar in any way

Wow, you must of been really on top of your pre-draft and post-draft Filip Chlapik scouting reports and sound bites in 2015, I just heard it from the Sens post draft scout comments when I was like ‘who the heck is Filip Chlapik’

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wow, you must of been really on top of your pre-draft and post-draft Filip Chlapik scouting reports and sound bites in 2015, I just heard it from the Sens post draft scout comments when I was like ‘who the heck is Filip Chlapik’
I was, actually. You’re mistaken on this one.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I was, actually. You’re mistaken on this one.

Well, for as wrong as the Senators scout and I am about the comparison, it just magically seems to be pretty accurate 4 years later. I guess the universe has a strange way of working out.

So to bad you used your photographic memory for all those 2015 Filip Chlapik scouting videos, because the comparison to Hanzal is accurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad