Prospect Info: Filip Chlapik - potential

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Eh, I think Tierney has the 2nd line C spot locked up, and isn't really in danger of losing it.

I think Tierney will surprise a lot of people this year... But I say that not because I think Tierney is some diamond in the rough star player waiting to break out, but more with the idea that a lot of Sens fans currently think he is straight trash, when he's actually not a bad player.

Tierney is a better player than Pageau.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I’m terms of potential impact, Tierney reminds me of a Craig Conroy/Brendan Morrison/Daymond Lankow type centre. Does everything well but not elitely, as well as compliment and even put up solid points when centering star players like Stone and probably Tkachuk.
Yeah I like him. Should be the 2C soon enough

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I understand those peoples points of view, I just think people need to get rid of that prejudice and move on.

It’s none of the players fault who they got traded for and it’s unfair to hold that against them. Judge them for what they do on the ice, not their GM’s decision.

I guess on the other hand, the only reason I don’t want it completely blown up just yet is I don’t want to give Colorado a 1st or 2nd overall pick. Maybe the Sens save face a little if the pick is in the 8-15 range. I can’t seem to get over that one haha.

One thing to consider though is no matter where the pick ends up, AT LEAST it won’t be in the Eastern conference

So it won’t be that we gave up a pretty good prospect to a rival, but more the missed opportunity to add him to our pool.

That’s why you absolutely have to extend Duchene (or at least get a very solid return, like Brassard’s x 2). I don’t mind replacing Turris by Duchene. I liked Turris but Duchene is a clear upgrade in my mind. I don’t mind not having Bowers and a 3rd is a 3rd. If it was just Turris + Bowers + 3rd, I’d say that it was a homerun trade but giving up a pretty good chance to draft a great/good prospect sucks. That’s why forcing a « FULL » rebuild right now is infuriating, they should have done everything possible to make the team as competitive as possible, including holding onto EK until the trade deadline if there was no choice to trade him.

Acquiring Duchene was an « all-in » type of move, you can’t revert back to a completely different plan 10 months later. Dorion is just not capable of standing to Melnyk and say « listen, it’s too late to go back, we gave up our 1st next year so we have to go with this core »

Melnyk « managing » the team is the most damaging thing possible, an owner should only hire the best people possible and for the rest, stay quiet and cheer on his team, and thanking the fans. Don’t share all your thoughts and frustration. And also give a decent budget to your GM to be able to compete (our salary expenditure should be ~ 70 M$ this year and not like 58 M$... Melnyk is just covering his losses as much as possible, but in the end, he’ll probably lose as much if not more in ticket/merchandise sales

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tierney is a better player than Pageau.

Not a chance in hell.
Probably. Let’s see some more first

Probably? Based on what? He has never scored as much as Pageau, was a worse prospect coming up. Pageau has proven to be a playoff beast. Pageau has 12 goals in 35 playoff games Tierney has 12 points in 40. He certainly isnt as hard on the puck as Pageau and has never hit nearly as much, has worse numbers in the dot. Literally is worse in every way. How do people come to these conclusions?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I’m terms of potential impact, Tierney reminds me of a Craig Conroy/Brendan Morrison/Daymond Lankow type centre. Does everything well but not elitely, as well as compliment and even put up solid points when centering star players like Stone and probably Tkachuk.

Lol you better be right cause nothing I saw in pre-season indicated anything close to this.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's pre season, guys with guaranteed spots shouldn't be evaluated until the real games start.

In saying that, Tierny certainly wasn't helping his cause.

He's certainly not better than Pageau though, I'm not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
It's pre season, guys with guaranteed spots shouldn't be evaluated until the real games start.

He's certainly not better than Pageau though, I'm not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion.

The only thing that jumps out is Pageau's point totals have declined year to year over the past 3 seasons while Tierney's have improved. But yeah, I don't think any GM in the league would take Tierney over Pageau on their team.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Maybe some of us watched Tierney last year not just in preseason this year.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Get to know your Ottawa Senators prospects: Filip Chlapik

"At 6-foot-1 and 196 pounds, he has the size to be an NHL player but since the Sens have so many prospects and players trying to find a spot in the lineup it will be very difficult for him to find quality minutes in the NHL.

It seems the management is giving him one more year to prove himself before they make the ultimate decision on where his future lies – be it with the Senators organisation or elsewhere."

Reactions: Cosmix

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I have a really hard time seeing him becoming a center on this team moving forward. He''ll always be behind Brown and White (imo) and is easily behind Tierney moving forward as well. I also don't think he's as good as Norris and if the Sens bottom out and add a Byfield/Lundell/Rossi he'll have even more competition at C.

I doubt it plays out this way, since Belleville will need centers this season, but I'd love to see what Chlapik can do on the wing, because if he's going to carve out a role for himself in this organization that's where it will be, imo.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This is it for him. If he cannot take advantage of this season, then he will be done here. While the top prospects marinate in Belleville, he’s gotta do something this year. I am not hopeful

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Well this post didn't age well.

I do not think Tierney will ever string as good a group of games as Pageau currently is together, but I also do not think Tierney is as bad as he has played so far this season. He can definitely be better and has shown it, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt until the 20 game mark, but he really really has to step his game up.

Either way I would definitely trade him at the deadline, even if he does light it up, I do not see a fit long term here, plus we have enough centers on this team.

As for Chlapik, he is doing pretty good with what he has been given considering he has played on the 4th line all year. He definitely has more potential than a 4th liner but there is no rush for him to do anything drastic, just keep improving bit by bit.

Reactions: Chabobombski72

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1