Prospect Info: Filip Chlapik - potential

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I'm kinda impress by Chlapik.. I'm no stalker, but i saw some picture on his instagram and he look very muscular and in shape.. I don't know if he was naturally like that but if he just started train in gym last year or so, he made big progress.

he's going to be a good player, i feel.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'm kinda impress by Chlapik.. I'm no stalker, but i saw some picture on his instagram and he look very muscular and in shape.. I don't know if he was naturally like that but if he just started train in gym last year or so, he made big progress.

he's going to be a good player, i feel.

Chlapik was one of those guys who didn't really work out a lot off the ice in his draft year.

That's obviously changed.

Very encouraging.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Krejci lite is something I've compared him to since he got drafted. Plekanec also good one but Chlapik has better playmaking potential and scoring ability.

However, don't rush him. Let him and Balcer rip the AHL one more year. Please don't rush them. Id rather throw Brown in there cause he plays better with structure and could be better stop gap as scoring depth centre

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Looked really good defensively too. I can see why Boucher was so high on him last season.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He reminds me more of Clarke MacArthur if we're doing the Senators comparision.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Quite encouraged with the development he is showing. Can be a productive top 6 forward if he continues on this path.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Saw the skills last year in Belleville but looks like he has taken another step. Have seen a nice edge in his game through dev camp, rookie tournament and now into the preseason, he also looks faster.

Practiced on a PP unit with Duchene, Dzingel, Boedker and Chabot. At the moment it looks like one of the open spots is his to lose.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
We missed on so many highly skilled European players, not drafting them in the last 10 years. It is a disaster for this organization, thanks to Melnyk. Who took possession of the Senators franchise in 2003 and started to get rid of players like Marian Hossa, Martin Havlat and Zdeno Chara and other European imports. All had been gone during 2003-04 season. Coincidence? I do not think so. He kept Wade Redden even the organization already knew about his substance abuse, but they still chose North American junkie over the best defensman in NHL at the time. Hossa was an instrumental piece in Chicago Stanley Cup runs.
Now this organization does not have highly skilled European pieces after they traded Karlsson. I believe this organization was getting rid of future contracts in 2003 it could not afford for the new owner. The same excuse is highly likely right now to maximize profit after the sale. I hope they will keep Chlapik and Balcers when they could afford them anymore in 5 years.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
We missed on so many highly skilled European players, not drafting them in the last 10 years. It is a disaster for this organization, thanks to Melnyk. Who took possession of the Senators franchise in 2003 and started to get rid of players like Marian Hossa, Martin Havlat and Zdeno Chara and other European imports. All had been gone during 2003-04 season. Coincidence? I do not think so. He kept Wade Redden even the organization already knew about his substance abuse, but they still chose North American junkie over the best defensman in NHL at the time. Hossa was an instrumental piece in Chicago Stanley Cup runs.
Now this organization does not have highly skilled European pieces after they traded Karlsson. I believe this organization was getting rid of future contracts in 2003 it could not afford for the new owner. The same excuse is highly likely right now to maximize profit after the sale. I hope they will keep Chlapik and Balcers when they could afford them anymore in 5 years.

giphy.gif

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
The same goes for Alfredson. Melnyk was just being an a-hole towards him and did not care to give him a new contract, as he does not care to give a new contract to Karlsson. Fooled Alfie with a job available in the office to groom him as the new manager. But have now the yes man, an absolute moron in Dorion. Why would a highly skilled Euro even bother to sign with Ottawa? When Melnyk treated Karlsson in the same manner as Alfredson.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

it's easier to take a rant seriously when the ranter is factually correct

Reactions: BonkTastic

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I strongly object to the factual accuracy of the timeline you are presenting here.

Melnyk has done enough wrong with this organization, and has made enough mistakes, that we don't need to go and make up new stuff to be angry at him for. The stuff that's on record is already enough to last a lifetime.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Kinda reminds me of Peter Regin. Both really shifty players. Hopefully Chlappy stays healthy during his career unlike Regin. He has amazing IQ so I see it happening.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
Saw the skills last year in Belleville but looks like he has taken another step. Have seen a nice edge in his game through dev camp, rookie tournament and now into the preseason, he also looks faster.

Practiced on a PP unit with Duchene, Dzingel, Boedker and Chabot. At the moment it looks like one of the open spots is his to lose.
No Stone on the first PP?

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Chlapik was definitely the most impressive “young” sen last night at least. Has progressed a lot over the last year obviously. Speed and stick handling for sure. At this point you have to think he’s on that opening night roster...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I agree. He seems to understand the opportunity that is at stake and that step, along with more edge, speaks to me of a player who really wants a roster spot now.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Sounds like he's on track to make the team and people seem to be pretty pumped about him. That's great to hear, if he, White and Brown have solid years there is hope this team won't be guaranteed last place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad