Prospect Info: Filip Chlapik - potential

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Replace Smith with Chlapik (clears salary) then look to take a struggling top 4 with some salary to fill a hole on D.

SENSARMY18

Sep 26, 2018
Well Smith being out really opens things up for this young man, we will be able to run a FAST YOUNG lineup. I think we honestly have the potential to surprise a lot of teams this year.

Reactions: HSF

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I love that he plays with an edge . Not that he's super physical or anything but he loves the dirty stickwork or punch a guy.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm Chla-picking him to have a real nice breakout year.

He has a huge opportunity with Pageau's injury to earn a ton of minutes, and he has that blend of versatility, hockey sense and skill that you love to have in the middle of your lineup. I have no idea what his mindset is coming into this season, but hopefully he's mature enough to see the leap he can take this season and leapfrog a lot of lower-skill guys on the team in the org's eyes.

Reactions: Icelevel

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I had a vision that Chally scored 40. You’re welcome.

I like Chlapik, but:

1) he's a natural playmaker and seems hesitant to be the shoot-first kind of guy you need to be to score a ton at this level, and

2) his skating probably won't ever be good enough to be a high-goal player.

I like the kid's future, but if he ever scores 20 on a consistent basis, even in his prime, then that's still a huge, huge win for us. He's a distributor, not a finisher.

Reactions: derriko

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I don’t understand the goal scoring predictions for Chlapik.

He’s a weak man’s Backstrom. Outside of one season for Nicklas where he scored 30, he is a ~18-21 goal scorer.

I think 10 goals for Chlapik this year would be a great season and then regularly in the high teens. Not that he doesn’t have the capability of scoring 20-30 goals, but he passes first, second, and then tries to force a pass before taking a shot.

I think a tremendous rookie season would be 30-35 points while playing third line ES minutes and maybe some 2nd unit PP.

He also has the opportunity to get 2nd line minutes. I think Tierney will be given that opportunity, but Chlapik could take it before season end. Don’t think it will happen, but the only center set in stone is Duchene.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He also has the opportunity to get 2nd line minutes. I think Tierney will be given that opportunity, but Chlapik could take it before season end.

Eh, I think Tierney has the 2nd line C spot locked up, and isn't really in danger of losing it.

I think Tierney will surprise a lot of people this year... But I say that not because I think Tierney is some diamond in the rough star player waiting to break out, but more with the idea that a lot of Sens fans currently think he is straight trash, when he's actually not a bad player.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Eh, I think Tierney has the 2nd line C spot locked up, and isn't really in danger of losing it.

I think Tierney will surprise a lot of people this year... But I say that not because I think Tierney is some diamond in the rough star player waiting to break out, but more with the idea that a lot of Sens fans currently think he is straight trash, when he's actually not a bad player.

I like Tierney as well. No holes in his game, fast, versatile, and never going to have his effort questioned. A good 2nd / 3rd line tweener just like Pageau. Just no high end skill or elite attributes.

He’s a good fill in during a rebuild while you develop your center prospects slowly, even bringing them in on the wing to start. Tierney made the decision to send Brown down easier. And when Tierney’s time is up, you can just move him back down or to the wing.

I liked the Tierney inclusion in the deal. If you aren’t getting Meier or Hertl, Tierney is the player I’d take after them in that value tier.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I like Tierney as well. No holes in his game, fast, versatile, and never going to have his effort questioned. A good 2nd / 3rd line tweener just like Pageau. Just no high end skill or elite attributes.

He’s a good fill in during a rebuild while you develop your center prospects slowly, even bringing them in on the wing to start. Tierney made the decision to send Brown down easier. And when Tierney’s time is up, you can just move him back down or to the wing.

I liked the Tierney inclusion in the deal. If you aren’t getting Meier or Hertl, Tierney is the player I’d take after them in that value tier.

Nothing wrong with Tierney... its just when you ask .. who'd we trade for him again? that it throws shade on any one individual in that return. (except Demelo) No idea wtf that was about... Wilson did tell Dorion he was good so I guess that was it

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Nothing wrong with Tierney... its just when you ask .. who'd we trade for him again? that it throws shade on any one individual in that return. (except Demelo) No idea wtf that was about... Wilson did tell Dorion he was good so I guess that was it

I understand those peoples points of view, I just think people need to get rid of that prejudice and move on.

It’s none of the players fault who they got traded for and it’s unfair to hold that against them. Judge them for what they do on the ice, not their GM’s decision.

I guess on the other hand, the only reason I don’t want it completely blown up just yet is I don’t want to give Colorado a 1st or 2nd overall pick. Maybe the Sens save face a little if the pick is in the 8-15 range. I can’t seem to get over that one haha.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad