OT: FIFA World Cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
Games would have to be definitely be played on grass, no choice, also from what I understood they want to do a removable roof, not retractable, just removable portions in the summer.
Oh and Allez les Bleus! For me too it sucks that Italy wont be there, France Italy are the most intense game for me and my wifes family so it makes them the most fun to watch. Oh well.

Last edited:

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
I always support Italy so that’s gone this WC. Will support Egypt for Mo Salah (#YNWA) and Spain. I’ll also watch with amusement England as it will be the same old same old, get out of an easy group, media goes wild saying we’re going to win, meet someone decent and lose embarrassingly, sometimes with a shootout with Germany. Before I get flamed I am English and have had a lifetime of misery with the England football team
England hasn't had these in-form strikers, like Harry Kane, since Wayne Rooney had his original hair, and stomped on Ronaldo's junk.

I also like their group mate Belgium. Kevin De Bruyne is one of my favourite players to watch and traditionally shows up in big games for the national team. If hazard and lukaku get the message, they can go far.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
My husband is going for Belgium. It’ll be the usual subjects in the semis, Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Spain. I reserve judging France until after the first game as they either turn up or not depending on how much they like each other (much like the Netherlands). Funny France is the same in rugby and athletics

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Germany. Don't let recent friendly results fool you. Friendlies are just 90 minutes of soccer to avoid any injuries for the Germans. When the real games start, totally different mind-set. Mexico will find out the hard way first.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
England hasn't had these in-form strikers, like Harry Kane, since Wayne Rooney had his original hair, and stomped on Ronaldo's junk.

I also like their group mate Belgium. Kevin De Bruyne is one of my favourite players to watch and traditionally shows up in big games for the national team. If hazard and lukaku get the message, they can go far.

Rooney stepped on Ricardo Carvalho’s “junk”. Ronaldo just winked at his bench after Wayne received red.

Reactions: hotcarle

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Is the death group Saudi-Russia-Egypt-Uruguay? Lol
It's the only group with two clear top favorites.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The Belgium-England group is even more clear cut as to which two will advance imo. Not that I really rate England high, but Panama and Tunisia should be easy enough.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
As a Swede I apologize on behalf of Sweden for beating the Italians in the extra round qualifiers. It's not the same without Gli Azzurri, there will be less diving though. :)
LOL about the diving. But I don't accept your apology. I'm going to tell my family about that diving joke. My godfather said he'll make you pay.

I really don't know who to root for this World Cup. My allegiance lines up first with Canada (loud outbursts of guffaws and laughter), then Italy because of my family BG and then Netherlands. As someone else said I guess I'll just root for great games.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s a shame from their prospective that they are truly at low point for the National team while hosting the tournament.

Salah is projected to play vs Uruguay too, so he’ll definitely be fit to face the Russians if that’s the case.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Pardon my soccer naiveté but in 2026, does Canada play since they are co-hosting?
not clear at this point

"Traditionally, host nations have received an automatic spot in the tournament. But there has never been three hosts before.
The early indication is that Canada will get an automatic berth and avoid having to qualify — something it has done only once, in 1986. A final decision may not come for a few years, after the qualifying format for the new 48-team field is finalized. The expanded field probably helps Canada's chances of getting a spot."

Reactions: Runner77

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Did the singer just show the finger?? Pretty bad lipsyncing hah.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Russia might not have a good team but damn if they don't have the best national anthem.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
RDS en direct is a good option . I'm happy with this service. The cost is high.

I'm paying for one month for the world cup. I'll not use not legal streams to watch at work. :) .

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

This time it will be Delli Alli that gets sent off, he has those mental breakdowns when he just lashes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad