OT: FIFA World Cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's England for me. My dad came over from there, so half my family is there (I've visited a few times).

Obviously hoping but I think QF is best hope. But I'll remain optimistic :D

Realistically I've got France winning. Threw $5 down on England for fun and $5 down on France.

Also put $5 down on Gabriel Jesus to win the Golden Ball ($117 payout), so hopefully Brazil do well.

Last edited:

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Super Soccer for the SNES has made me a lifelong fan of Argentina.

So hopefully they don't lose in the final this time around.
NimbleHollowGoshawk-size_restricted.gif

I was so ****in good at that game. :yo:

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Usually the host team automatically makes the World Cup, but if it's a joint venture between U.S & Canada, I guess U.S gets in and we just get some games?

It would be freaking awesome to have games played in Canada. It would be nice if we got in by merit. *Sigh*

Hopefully, Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton & Vancouver all get at least one game.

Good, that would give me an excuse to see Montreal, wife knows I am a serious football/soccer fan.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I'm supporting South Korea, with absolutely no expectations going in. Likely the weakest team in the group, but should still put up a fight I hope.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
I hate the Olympic Stadium with passion and find it ridiculos & irresponsibe to invest any money in it, but if FIFA has any clue, they will schedue a match with Team France to be played there. That would be something.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I hate the Olympic Stadium with passion and find it ridiculos & irresponsibe to invest any money in it, but if FIFA has any clue, they will schedue a match with Team France to be played there. That would be something.

RIO prez sounded like he just won a jackpot today. Roof will cost +300m + all other improvements will run the bill past 500m for sure. This isn't even counting ongoing yearly 20m from Quebec to support operations. A game including Canada and a game or two including France would be would be great.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I always support Italy so that’s gone this WC. Will support Egypt for Mo Salah (#YNWA) and Spain. I’ll also watch with amusement England as it will be the same old same old, get out of an easy group, media goes wild saying we’re going to win, meet someone decent and lose embarrassingly, sometimes with a shootout with Germany. Before I get flamed I am English and have had a lifetime of misery with the England football team

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
RIO prez sounded like he just won a jackpot today. Roof will cost +300m + all other improvements will run the bill past 500m for sure. This isn't even counting ongoing yearly 20m from Quebec to support operations. A game including Canada and a game or two including France would be would be great.

Does anyone have details on all improvements to be made to the Big O for the World Cup?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all WC matches have to be played on natural surfaces?

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Does anyone have details on all improvements to be made to the Big O for the World Cup?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all WC matches have to be played on natural surfaces?

If they remove the roof they can grow grass. Also when AC Milan came to play a friendly at Olympic stadium they played on grass.

Reactions: GoodKiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->