Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
French know how to fire up in finals :naughty:

DistortedIdealHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

1. Zizou singlehandedly drove his team to the title in the final eight years earlier. They had a stacked team, but he destroyed Brazil in the final with two headers that stole the life out of them.
2. That tournament was on French soil, which made it infinitely more important - especially to the French - than the final in 2006.
3. That red card had 0 impact on the outcome. There was barely any time left and no indication whatsoever that France were going to score - both teams were dead on their feet and playing for penalties. Furthermore - and most importantly - the players who you could say replaced Zizou in the PKs made their kicks - the ones who missed would have shot anyway.

It had no impact on the title at all.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So easy to support Croatia over France...

Perisic taking a shoulder to the face away from play. But no rolling around, no trying to get the Frenchman sent off as he knew it was accidental.

Then Giroud diving to try and get a free-kick from the Croatia free-kick... where Croatia could have had a penalty for Pogba taking down Modric.

I say that as someone whose Great grandma was French. (albeit I also have Italian, Irish, Algerian and Swedish blood too!)

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
So easy to support Croatia over France...

Perisic taking a shoulder to the face away from play. But no rolling around, no trying to get the Frenchman sent off as he knew it was accidental.

Then Giroud diving to try and get a free-kick from the Croatia free-kick... where Croatia could have had a penalty for Pogba taking down Modric.

I say that as someone whose Great grandma was French. (albeit I also have Italian, Irish, Algerian and Swedish blood too!)

37060391_1107909826014015_7393274076753559552_n.jpg

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
giphy.gif

1. Zizou singlehandedly drove his team to the title in the final eight years earlier. They had a stacked team, but he destroyed Brazil in the final with two headers that stole the life out of them.
2. That tournament was on French soil, which made it infinitely more important - especially to the French - than the final in 2006.
3. That red card had 0 impact on the outcome. There was barely any time left and no indication whatsoever that France were going to score - both teams were dead on their feet and playing for penalties. Furthermore - and most importantly - the players who you could say replaced Zizou in the PKs made their kicks - the ones who missed would have shot anyway.

It had no impact on the title at all.
It wasn't against Zizou ;)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I should state though... I have always been an enormous, enormous fan of Yugoslav/ex-Yugoslav football. Just love their philosophy. Tough and no-nonsense while playing fast, flowing attacking football with wingers, creative flair and discipline tactically. Combines pretty much all the things I love about football. (shame Serbia have no class strikers - Mitrovic is just "ok" or they would also be ~Semi-final contenders most tournaments with their midfield and solid defense.)

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Under normal circumstances I'd 1000% root for Croatia, but some guy who works at my internship is French (like, came to the U.S 10 or 15 years ago French) and he's awesome and really helpful so I'm kind of pulling for them

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm.

The referee must take the following into consideration:

- the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
- the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
- the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement
- touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement
- hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad