OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Meh...this World Cup hasn't been the same for me with no US or Italy squad to cheer for. I don't want France to win it either. I like the joke that they are the last African team in the tournament. Saric on the Sixers must be loving the fact Croatia has made it to the finals.

As far as England....well at least they didn't have Rooney to blame this go round....
In a weird way I've felt the exact opposite. With no US to cheer for and Germany dropping a steaming deuce in the group stage, I paid closer attention to the other matches and found some much more entertaining soccer. I feel a bit dirty rooting for France in the final, but they are just so much fun to watch with all that skill.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
so the 2022 World Cup is going to be played mid Nov-mid December.
Premier league and other leagues are going to have fun with that. Just proof how much of a joke FIFA is. schedule a tournament where the average temp is 105F in the summer, then realize it years after the selection of Qatar.
Just move the World Cup already. I wonder how much money in bribes FIFA took for selecting Qatar.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I almost wished they capitalized on one of their chances, but the Hazard goal was the last straw I guess

Yep. That shot that was cleared off the line that could of tied it was a huge moment. That goes in and England isnt as aggressive as they were when they had possession and Belgium had that great counter rush.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
He's a freak, isn't he? Great, great player.

De Bruyne is awesome!

Absolutely. I'm not a City fan, but I always enjoy watching him play.

And the combination with Hazard is a killer.

I'm going to give England a break. The 3rd place game is just a glorified friendly that, in my opinion, shouldn't be played.

EPL kick off in less than a month! :D

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
so the 2022 World Cup is going to be played mid Nov-mid December.
Premier league and other leagues are going to have fun with that. Just proof how much of a joke FIFA is. schedule a tournament where the average temp is 105F in the summer, then realize it years after the selection of Qatar.
Just move the World Cup already. I wonder how much money in bribes FIFA took for selecting Qatar.

Also the slave labor

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Do I get something special for my France prediction?
th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad