OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Alright I'm getting that every 4 year itch that I need to scratch a lot...

IT'S WORLD CUP TIME!

So I wanted to throw this up now as final rosters are trickling in, and generate some conversation. Who is everyone watching? Who do you think will win? Who will choke? Who will be the world's darkhorse darlings? What players will surprise? What teams will surprise?

Interested to hear answers! For me, I feel like I've got an excessive amount of teams to pull for. No USA or Ireland, so I'll pull for Germany for heritage, Belgium for general fandom, Iceland as the darling, Morocco and Costa Rica because I got them in a pool, and Spain and Portugal because of their players from Valencia (my club).

Download-Fifa-world-cup-2018-schedule.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We haven't had a really good tournament since 1998, and I don't think that's going to change this time around. International football has been in a slump, a long one - hopefully we get the best out of these teams. I wouldn't bet against Germany. Brazil is their closest competition, which is nothing new, and I'd expect those two to be in the running at the end. Outside of them, it should be a giant crapshoot.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I'm largely Polish so I'll pull for them and then root individually for the Evertonians in the tournament.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I think Italy or Germany will win, but seeing one of Ronaldo or Messi carry their teams to the cup would be cool.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I was looking at the beginning matchups, and what a disappointment. I love soccer and subsequently the World Cup so I will definitely watch, but this is easily the worst World Cup since I started watching.

I'm definitely pulling for Germany and Poland due to heritage though.

I think Italy or Germany will win, but seeing one of Ronaldo or Messi carry their teams to the cup would be cool.
How much do you want to bet they won't? :D

Reactions: Legion of Gloom

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I was looking at the beginning matchups, and what a disappointment. I love soccer and subsequently the World Cup so I will definitely watch, but this is easily the worst World Cup since I started watching.

I'm definitely pulling for Germany and Poland due to heritage though.

How much do you want to bet they won't? :D
I’d bet a hefty amount of monopoly dollars.

Reactions: Jray42

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I usually go Italy > US > Czech Republic > Netherlands, so um. Crap. Anyone that hasn’t won in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->