GDT: FIFA Women's World Cup - Edmonton 2015 - Game 1: China @ Canada, June 6 @ 3 PM

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Horrible by Sesselmann... just inexcusable. Can't see the ladies coming back now; just don't have the strikers to turn the screw. Unfortunate to go out due to simple lapses of concentration.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Gonna be hard to score with england clogging up the back end. Basically had 8-9 players all lined up form 18-24 yards from goal

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Well good tournament Ladies. I've only got to wonder if this game is somehow different if they could have had replacements for Tancredi and Sesselman. Sinclair had her best game by far today.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Well good tournament Ladies. I've only got to wonder if this game is somehow different if they could have had replacements for Tancredi and Sesselman. Sinclair had her best game by far today.

Hard to disagree. Sesselman directly responsible for the first two goals although McLeod should have had that second one. And Tancredi... what a waste of two golden opportunities :facepalm:

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Hard to disagree. Sesselman directly responsible for the first two goals although McLeod should have had that second one. And Tancredi... what a waste of two golden opportunities :facepalm:

The second one is a tough one, she definitely could have got that, but thats one of those balls that seems to never come down and can be tough to judge, not to mention being short.

After watching the first one again (wasn't home to watch the first 30mins) but even though sesselman fell I'd really peg that goal on chapman for being way too aggressive coming back and doing a fly by, you've gotta get back but then mark up and not let a quality shot get off.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Proud of our ladies to go out on a semblance of a good performance, Sesselmann notwithstanding. She's a new level of awful, has been all tournament. No idea why she's on the team with a performance like that.

Sinclair should keep her head high. Buchanan and Lawrence showing that we have a future (Fleming who didn't play as well).

We're the number 8 seed, out in the quarters. At least we're not out like Brazil last year.

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
Disappointing that Sessleman cost us our shot at this tournament. We were better than England but gifted them great opportunities to score and we paid the price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad