GDT: FIFA Women's World Cup - Edmonton 2015 - Game 1: China @ Canada, June 6 @ 3 PM

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
We'll be there. Had our tickets for months. Just for clarification Journal states the Canada-China game starts at 4pm and that's also what our tickets state. With the opening ceremonies including Sarah McLachlan being a brief 15mins before kickoff.

We plan on arriving early anyway to soak up atmosphere but where did you get the 3pm start time from?

Game is sold out just so people know. Although there could be some chance of Community Soccer association groups that still may be selling tickets at the game. Anybody thinking about trying to get any tickets still should arrive very early and hope.

Rumored 52K sold. Breaking the Brazil vs Canada all time record for attendance at a Soccer match in Canada.

jaxxs

Sep 13, 2007
3pm is when tsn broadcast starts, 340 is correct for opening ceremonies

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Been looking forward to this for quite some time.

To those going, have fun and do the city proud.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Hopefully this is the event that finally kicks Soccer Canada into high gear and finally gets both teams around to being competitive. Our women have an amazing team, and if Canada can focus on both developing and most importantly keeping talent playing in Canada than we have a chance.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Is this game officially sold out now? I imagine so since only 1000 tickets remained last night.

I'll be missing attending this and will also likely miss some of it on TV because I'll be watching American Pharoah go for the Triple Crown. What time does the actual match start? The opening ceremonies go before the match, right? How long do they last?

edit - Ah, all my questions have been answered in the previous replies. Was hoping the opening ceremonies went longer so I could catch the beginning of this game. Atmosphere should be insane... wonder if Cathal will be in attendance to see why Edmonton supports our national team much better than Toronto ever could.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Still good seats available so if you're on the fence about going, snap them up and head on down!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Is this game officially sold out now? I imagine so since only 1000 tickets remained last night.

I'll be missing attending this and will also likely miss some of it on TV because I'll be watching American Pharoah go for the Triple Crown. What time does the actual match start? The opening ceremonies go before the match, right? How long do they last?

edit - Ah, all my questions have been answered in the previous replies. Was hoping the opening ceremonies went longer so I could catch the beginning of this game. Atmosphere should be insane... wonder if Cathal will be in attendance to see why Edmonton supports our national team much better than Toronto ever could.

looks like they released some seats in sections that were thought to be taken up with media/camera crews. Some good seats remain. Some which remain are obstructed view.

In anycase if you can get a ticket get one now and print them out. Its better to print your own anyway. Save you the long wait for picking up tickets at willcall.

Nobody is going to be able to walk up and get tickets at this point.

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
Euro Championship League is such a bush league. Playing the final on a pitch with track in Berlin. They should've played in Toronto.

For those who might have missed the article from this Toronto Globe and Mail columnist.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle24817480/

"On Saturday, they’ll open the next one in Edmonton’s Commonwealth Stadium.

The arena is not famous, or suited to soccer, or attractive. Scratch that. It’s actively ugly. The field is circled by a track – the perfect bush-league touch that says “high school."

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
RECORD WITHIN REACH

Every seat they could create, some previously listed as “restricted viewâ€, have been added to the manifest for sale for today’s opener of the FIFA Women’s World Cup.

With 51,000 tickets sold as of early evening Friday, national organizing committee chief of marketing and communications Sandy Gage said “we are very confident we’ll break the record by morning.â€

The record is 51,963 from the 1994 Canada-Brazil game in Commonwealth Stadium.

Seats surrounding the press tribune and VVIP tribune and a west side upper-deck camera location were added at 6 p.m. local time as the last of the original configuration of seats disappeared.

Fewer than 2,000 tickets remained of the seats added last evening. The capacity will likely turn out to be one side or the other of 53,000.

As of 6 p.m. Friday evening, 933,743 tickets had been sold at the six Canadian venues.

With a sellout for the final and a near sellout for a Group Stage game against the USA, Vancouver has sold the most tickets to date at 252,97.

Edmonton is second at 184,232 and Winnipeg, with two USA sellouts, is third at 175,137.

Ottawa leads the Eastern cities with 135,973 followed by Montreal at 130,694 and Moncton at 54,731.

“We’re going to be very close to the one million we set as a goal for our total by the opening kickoff,†said Gage.

The all-time total attendance record was set by USA 1999 at 1,194,221.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/06/05/commonwealth-stadium-turf-unbelievable-christine-sinclair

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Excellent piece on Herdman. He's a hell of a coach.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
China playing rope a dope I see
Also, I don't know if they do a gender check or not but a couple of their players legit look like men lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad