FIFA / FM Thread

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Men. Dominating an opponent and being up 2-0 while still losing 2-3 in the final minute is one thing, but doing your toxic dance to celebrate is just so annoying. I really want to punch his face in. 10-4 now, but slim hopes I have some time to finish today.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I didn't have fun at all this weekend...I usually do (surprisingly) but the past few days felt like a chore.

Stopped at Silver 1... Was planning to play all weekend with my Ligue 1 side but hated playing with the team..so switched to La Liga halfway through.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I didn't have fun at all this weekend...I usually do (surprisingly) but the past few days felt like a chore.

Stopped at Silver 1... Was planning to play all weekend with my Ligue 1 side but hated playing with the team..so switched to La Liga halfway through.
I feel like my main team is at the point where it cannot get much better so grinding for the rewards is less enticing. I took the weekend off and don't think I'll be returning for a couple of weekends.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Went 19-10 and messed up the final game for gold one. Shame, but still looking forward to the rewards Thursday. Didn’t play well because of such slow gameplay.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Went with a Bundesliga-Serie A hybrid this weekend with Lautaro and Muller up top, Donnaruma in goal with Tomori and Zagadou pairing. Muller doesn't miss when he gets a clear opportunity, same with Lautaro except Muller faded as the weekend went along while Lautaro was incredible throughout. Kessie is also a bully in the midfield. I had to complete Aouar so next weekend will probably be a Ligue 1Bundesliga for the Ultimate tots weekend.

Reactions: Ajacied

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
You know what I'm just going to rename my club Right Back FC, just packed Clauss from the guaranteed Ligue 1 pack. So now I have 8 right backs that I can choose from to use. Clauss, Cuadrado, Dest, Baku, Bender, Reece James, Sambia, and Klaiber. The last 2 guaranteed tots packs that I've done was Cuadrado and Clauss back to back, this is getting annoying now.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
As we head into Ultimate Weekend...I'm not sure what to do for my main squad...maybe this? I really don't know.

upload_2021-6-3_10-50-2.png

If y'all want some fun, gimme a suggestion.
I'm not opposed to moving guys, changing formations, playing a player out of position or at like 7 chem.
Here's a list of a few of my bigger, linkable players:

Strikers/Center Forwards
Icon - 93 Henry
Premier League - 93 Werner, 90 Giroud
Championship - 93 Rooney
Ligue 1 - 88 Benedetto, 87 Kean
Serie A - 94 Lautaro, 91 Dybala, 90 Zapata, 89 Caputo
Bundesliga - 90 Huntelaar, 89 Jovic, 87 Reinier
La Liga - 96 Messi, 92 Isak, 91 Suarez

Right Side
Ligue 1 - 89 Laborde
Serie A - 90 Perisic, 88 Candreva, 87 Ronaldo
Bundesliga - 91 Wamangituka
La Liga - 90 Correa

Left Side
Premier League - 87 Pulisic
Ligue 1 - 91 Neymar
Serie A - 94 Insigne
Bundesliga - 89 Sancho
La Liga - 92 Carrasco, 88 Asensio, 87 Cucurella

Midfielders
Icon - 92 Ballack, 91 Kaka, 91 Baggio
Premier League - 92 Gundogan, 92 Fernandes, 91 Rodri, 91 Soucek, 89 Neves
Championship - 88 Powell
Ligue 1 - 89 Payet, 87 Marquinhos
Serie A - 92 Barella, 91 Zielinksi, 89 Pastore
Bundesliga - 96 Kimmich, 90 Amiri, 89 Guendouzi
La Liga - 92 Coutinho, 90 Busquets, 89 Carvalho

Left Backs
Icon - 91 Roberto Carlos
Premier League - 84 Telles
Ligue 1 - 88 Henrique
Bundesliga - 91 Davies, 90 Angelino, 89 Roussillon

Right Backs
Premier League - 91 Cancelo, 85 Bellerin
Ligue 1 - 88 De Sciglio
Serie A - 91 Cuadrado, 85 Ansaldi
Bundesliga - 88 Baku, 88 Bender
La Liga - 88 Dest

Center Backs
Icon - 93 Puyol
Premier League - 90 Van Dijk, 87 Bailly
Ligue 1 - 90 Kimpembe, 90 Marcelo, 86 Volland
Serie A - 92 De Vrij, 90 Romero
Bundesliga - 90 Lacroix, 90 Boateng
La Liga - 88 Kounde

Goalkeepers
Icon - 89 Van Der Sar
Premier League - 94 Ederson
Ligue 1 - 88 Mandanda
Bundesliga - 95 Neuer
La Liga - 94 Oblak

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Is there a difference this weekend in comparison to other weekends?

Ultimate TOTS is basically a best of the Top 5 Leagues. So no new players... But a rerelease of 15 players that got a TOTS Card.

My guess is it'll be something like:

Fernandes
Mount
Ruben Dias
Messi
Varane
Oblak
Goretska
Angelino
Lewandowski
Ronaldo
Insigne
Kessie
Mbappe
Yedder
Marquinhos

They usually include a couple stinkers, so I'm not sure what they'll do since there's only 15 players this year.

Reactions: robertmac43

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Rewards were really good for me actually. No Neymar or Mbappe ( :( ), but I did get Andre and Bamba and got that perfect link. I had a choice of Bamba or Paqueta and I really wanted Paqueta, but I couldn't turn down Bamba. He looks like FB Reus on steroids. Its funny if you compare this Bamba card to the LW Mbappe cards he beats him in every single category and at half the price.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Emwf8oJ.png

Incredibly hard start to this weekend starting 5-5 on Friday. Every one of those games could've gone either way. But Saturday and sunday were very good to me. Funny enough I'm pretty sure this was the most goals I've scored this year. I bought prime Matthaus and he was incredible. Bamba and Alessandrini were fantastic, but both players would go through hot and cold stretches. Aouar is just incredible and was consistent throughout the entire weekend.

Depending on what kind of content we see I'm definitely going to take it easy from here on out. Will definitely run an MLS/USA squad at some point and will complete the remaining icon swaps. As annoying as this game can be at times, I easily enjoy this game 10x more than FIFA 20

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Went 4-5 on Friday. Starting your WL early always bites you in the ass as you’ll match crazy opponents. Finished gold 3 with 10 games left. Slow gameplay was absolutely unplayable. My tots Mbappe even turned like a truck.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm thinking this weekend I'm going to use an all-fodder team in Weekend League. Won't expect many wins but I think it would be funny to beat some god teams with a Parajo-koke-Silva midfield.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I'm thinking this weekend I'm going to use an all-fodder team in Weekend League. Won't expect many wins but I think it would be funny to beat some god teams with a Parajo-koke-Silva midfield.

It's fun when you don't have the expectation...and ELO kicks in and helps more than you'd think.

Probably will do an all England/Italy/Germany squad this weekend for Euros... Not sure which country yet.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
It's fun when you don't have the expectation...and ELO kicks in and helps more than you'd think.

Probably will do an all England/Italy/Germany squad this weekend for Euros... Not sure which country yet.

Do North Macedonia. Pandev and Bardhi.

---

In all seriousness though Netherlands could be fun.

GK - Tots Krul, Tots Pasveer, Van der Sarr (since you have him)

RB - Showdown Klaiber, Tots Dumfries
LB - Sinkgraven League Objective, Scream Van Aanholt, Totw Wijndal.
CB - Any version of VVD, Showdown Ake, Bday St Juste, TOTS Bazooer, Tots Blind, Tots De Vrij

CDM/CM/CAM - RTTF Promes, WIF Fer, Foundations Gravenberch, RTTF Wijnaldum, Tots De jong, Koopenmeiners, Klaasen,
LM/LW/LF - Tots Danjuma Groenfeld, Future Stars Bergwjin,
RM/RW/RF - Flashback Robben, Foundation Van Bergen, Tots Berguis

CF/ST - Fut Birthday Huntelaar, Showdown De Jong, Objective Tots Te Vred, any version of Depay, Tots Malen, IF Boadu, IF Weghorst

Some fun quality cards at each position.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Do North Macedonia. Pandev and Bardhi.

---

In all seriousness though Netherlands could be fun.

GK - Tots Krul, Tots Pasveer, Van der Sarr (since you have him)

RB - Showdown Klaiber, Tots Dumfries
LB - Sinkgraven League Objective, Scream Van Aanholt, Totw Wijndal.
CB - Any version of VVD, Showdown Ake, Bday St Juste, TOTS Bazooer, Tots Blind, Tots De Vrij

CDM/CM/CAM - RTTF Promes, WIF Fer, Foundations Gravenberch, RTTF Wijnaldum, Tots De jong, Koopenmeiners, Klaasen,
LM/LW/LF - Tots Danjuma Groenfeld, Future Stars Bergwjin,
RM/RW/RF - Flashback Robben, Foundation Van Bergen, Tots Berguis

CF/ST - Fut Birthday Huntelaar, Showdown De Jong, Objective Tots Te Vred, any version of Depay, Tots Malen, IF Boadu, IF Weghorst

Some fun quality cards at each position.

Yeah my Dutch team isn't bad (actually all of the Top 9 are decent), but I can't add to it with zero coin available (and I like untradeables).

My Dutch fullbacks are weak though, never did Klaiber. Maybe going with a 3 back for them would work.

Here's what it'd be with a 4 back:

upload_2021-6-9_22-25-6.png

I could also probably swap out Dumfries for Van Aanholt off chem...would probably be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitch nylander

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Red picks were arguably the worst I've had all year. Gold 1 rewards and literally only saw De Vrij in both picks. So f***ing pissed.

I did get Moments Sol Campbell from one of my ultimate packs, but I'm still livid about my red picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad