FIFA Confederations Cup 2017

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wagner almost scored, R�diger is doing his job fine. Australia is playing very poorly so far.

Wagner almost scored because this is australia and we can afford to play 10 v 11 against them. Rudiger is an idiot who wastes possessions stupidly; against australia that may not matter, but it will against good teams. With the talent left on this squad the best we can hope for is:

Brandt* - Werner - Stindl - Draxler*
Henrichs - LeGo/Can
Rudy/Can
Hector - Sule - Kimmich
ter Stegen​

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Wagner almost scored because this is australia and we can afford to play 10 v 11 against them. Rudiger is an idiot who wastes possessions stupidly; against australia that may not matter, but it will against good teams. With the talent left on this squad the best we can hope for is:

Henrichs - LeGo/Can
Rudy/Can
Hector - Sule - Kimmich
ter Stegen​

I'm not that sold on Henrichs (yet), so I would prefer Can, Rudy, Goretzka in midfield, but other than that it looks good. I really hope he leaves off Wagner against Chile.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Terrible defending in midfield, Rogic was miles open and Leno should've saved it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm not that sold on Henrichs (yet), so I would prefer Can, Rudy, Goretzka in midfield, but other than that it looks good. I really hope he leaves off Wagner against Chile.

Henrichs was an incredible young midfielder before Leverkusen forced him to play FB.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Henrichs was an incredible young midfielder before Leverkusen forced him to play FB.

Yes, he was incredibly good at the youth level and I'm sure he'll be an excellent midfielder in the future, I just don't think he is that good yet.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004

Henrichs - LeGo/Can
Rudy/Can
Hector - Sule - Kimmich
ter Stegen​

Yes, it's only Australia. That's why Germany lead 3:1. It's Germany's B squad. Not so bad so far.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
WTF, Leno again.

I find him pretty overrated, he was the 2nd best keeper in the Bundesliga according to Kicker, but I think he has been pretty ordinary in the last couple of years.

And horrible team defending by Germany overall.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I find him pretty overrated, he was the 2nd best keeper in the Bundesliga according to Kicker, but I think he has been pretty ordinary in the last couple of years.

And horrible team defending by Germany overall.

Zieler 2.0.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Zieler is actually good though. No idea how Leno continues to get these opportunities.

Leno was pretty good when he first broke into the league, especially for his age back then. But he never really progressed since then - instead​ he even seems less consistent now, with far too many blunders.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Leno was pretty good when he first broke into the league, especially for his age back then. But he never really progressed since then - instead​ he even seems less consistent now, with far too many blunders.

Agreed completely. I still find it weird that he gets an opportunity to start even in a Mickey Mouse tournament like this when there are so many other good options.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Germany was lucky to win it was not a good game for them. Lets see how Trapp and Ter Stegen will do in the other matches.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Portugal should have been up 2/3-0 by the 60th minute, great performances from William Carvalho, Bernardo Silva, Ronaldo, Gurreiro (hopefully his injury isnt serious) and /Pepe.

Then Santos did his usual routine of making everyone sit back and just kill the game, so so frustrating when there's no reason to be so overly cautious.

Great save by Akinfeev on Andre Silva's header. Remarkable.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Gurreiro with a possible fracture, out of the tournament and more importantly he'll miss the start of the season. ****

Great player, hopefully this doesn't impact his development.

Now we have to settle for Eliseu:(

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Gurreiro with a possible fracture, out of the tournament and more importantly he'll miss the start of the season. ****

Great player, hopefully this doesn't impact his development.

Now we have to settle for Eliseu:(

I'm so mad at how it happened.

**** international duty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad