TSN: Ferraro shares something he's noticed about the Leafs bench

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Nice subtle message to his teammates

“I thought it fired me up a bit, and I played with an edge,” Andersen said from the post-game podium, intensity still intact. “That’s huge down the stretch — to play with that little fire. So I thought that helped.”

I can actually see it in a players eyes when they are intense and wound. Matthews has a look in his eye when he is on his game. So does Tavares etc. They couldn’t take penalties last night. Freddy getting fired up was good enough and great he told the refs to call that Sh!t.

Discipline will win you games and it looks like focus and discipline and freddy mad did. Good with me. Keefe threw a dig about the refs post game too. Good.

Some posters here should read the stat line freddy has strung together and get their head out ofbtheir you know what too. Freddy is back :)

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Hockey is a little different. It's intense with contact and generally you want you players pretty fired up and wanting to crush the other team. In basketball you want to be calm and clear headed to make your shots. It's a ball in the hole sport, like golf but without the clubs and with giant obstacles that move... They still play intense though when on the move, not saying they aren't fired up, just it's different.
So you're saying that kobe, jordan, lebron some of the fiercest competitors in pro sports werent absolutely fired up? Jordan was known for talking on the bench and on the court lol. Its a persona thing in my opinion some teams just have a workman no talk all show attitude

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
No lol. I’m just saying everyone needs to stop pointing fingers only on Marner
kinda tough to lay off the kid when he calls his team out every loss and plays with piss poor effort. Plus that horrific contract doesn't help. He needs to either show he is worth it and put in hyman effort every game or be traded. Simple as that.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I can actually see it in a players eyes when they are intense and wound. Matthews has a look in his eye when he is on his game. So does Tavares etc. They couldn’t take penalties last night. Freddy getting fired up was good enough and great he told the refs to call that Sh!t.

Discipline will win you games and it looks like focus and discipline and freddy mad did. Good with me. Keefe threw a dig about the refs post game too. Good.

Some posters here should read the stat line freddy has strung together and get their head out ofbtheir you know what too. Freddy is back :)
Well said. Keefe knows he can't send out Clifford to drop Killorn because for sure we are getting 5 and a game and Tampa likely beats us because of it. But there will be a game in future where it will happen. Maybe Tampa gets up by 3 on us in game in Tampa in a month and Clifford decides to break Killorn's jaw. Put him out for rest of season. The message will be sent. No biggie at that point he gets 5 and a game and that's that. Its over.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So you're saying that kobe, jordan, lebron some of the fiercest competitors in pro sports werent absolutely fired up? Jordan was known for talking on the bench and on the court lol. Its a persona thing in my opinion some teams just have a workman no talk all show attitude

I said they fired up in the quote you responded to. It's just different. Need more composure, you can't throw fists or lay out a check.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
A lot of random speculation going on by a bunch of people that have no idea what's actually going on behind the scenes. Also a lot of "I'm a better coach than Keefe" with some bad ideas. That's this thread.

Reactions: therealkoho

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Every team I was ever on had the same dbags who always yelled from the rooftops to try and get people going. Those guys dont motivate anyone, they get tuned out. You can only hear them for so long. Its why I'll never understand how people here think that a guy yelling when the camera pans to them is a "leader". What you want is a general. I want someone who will guide, not yell and scream like some idiot. Do you want a drill sergeant leading you into battle or someone who won't get you killed?
I'm not saying you need someone loud, but you need someone who is willing to speak harshly to hold people accountable and that is uncomfortable losing. Look at the Raptors for example. Kyle Lowry isn't a loud boisterous type, but he's the last guy you want to be around if you lose I'm not sure the Leafs have anyone really wired like that.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Any idea what was happening on the Tampa bench last night with Kucherov and the coach?

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Next year Marner will bounce back. Everyone will be a year older. Hopefully we won’t be buried with injuries. We have 2 good goalies, maybe sign a good right D with grit. Maybe Robertson surprises and he’s our spark plug.

things will fall into place

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad