TSN: Ferraro shares something he's noticed about the Leafs bench

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Some Analysts say some benches are quiet and still win.

It's not a requirement for a successful team, but there probably is a correlation.

Reactions: Menzinger

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I think there is a fracture in the dressing room. If our Leafs fan base is fractured over the Marner overpayment, I'd bet his teammates are too.

If I was coach, I'd healthy scratch Marner to see how the rest of the team responds. Marner has played bad as of late. The rest of the team seems to be following his lead.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I get his point and on a personal level, I prefer wild and crazy (just the other day I was wishing for a Billy Smith/Ron Hextall). That said, before passing much judgement I guess you'd have to look at the benches of the most successful teams. Are they different?

By the same token, imagine the stories if someone in Toronto comes to the bench acting the fool? "Hyman - Matthews rift"! "Marner Eats Kittens"!

Blue Nate

Sep 27, 2017
St Catharines
I think there is a fracture in the dressing room. If our Leafs fan base is fractured over the Marner overpayment, I'd bet his teammates are too.

If I was coach, I'd healthy scratch Marner to see how the rest of the team responds. Marner has played bad as of late. The rest of the team seems to be following his lead.
Not a fan of this type of speculation. You're just making up a narrative.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Remember how much shit Marner and Matthews got their rookie season when they were signing along to 'Living on a Prayer' on the bench?
There was negativity over that? I remember it being a positive thing, but I could be wrong.

Mar 14, 2011
The young guns must feel like they are being robbed of their rightful earnings by the greedy men wearing suits, Dubas should have added a mill or 2 more on top of their current AAVs to keep them happy.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Ive said it since the announcement of Tavares being named captain. This was the worse thing to do to this team.

It should have been Matthews all along. Tavares is a silent leader and I believe his demeanor has trickled down through the dressing room.

To me Marner is a cancer in the room. He needs to go.

Reactions: 13MatsSundin

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Someone find a way to turn Doug Gilmour's clock back to his prime and give him the captaincy. Since that isn't happening, if this team has a bad ending to the season giving someone else the "C" may actually help (compared to making "impact" trades which, at the very least, are not easy to do).

My first choice would be Muzzin, but regardless, I'd have Keefe sit down with guys like him and Reilly and ask bluntly if they are capable and willing to kick some arse in the locker room. If they care more about being buddies with everyone on the team versus winning. If they are willing to go out in front of the media and not resort to stoic, unemotional, manufactured, lame answers like "we just have to be better" nonsense.

If that guy exists in the locker room, give him the "C" and the backing of a few others (oh please re-sign Clifford) so he's not vilified by his teammates.

Reactions: Pete2000

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but almost seems like they pride themselves on not having emotion. Seems like a bad culture if they think that is good.

On one hand, it certainly helps in Toronto to disconnect yourself emotionally and just play if that is what they are going for.

However we see the other side of it now. Unable to show any sort of pushback when it counts.

Reactions: FraumBallard

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Ive said it since the announcement of Tavares being named captain. This was the worse thing to do to this team.

It should have been Matthews all along. Tavares is a silent leader and I believe his demeanor has trickled down through the dressing room.

To me Marner is a cancer in the room. He needs to go.
lmao how is he cancer in the room? It's a repeated pattern that Matthew's wingers always go through slumps. I think its a combination of different factors and not just Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad