Ferraro on the Oilers: "Their model for building the team is clearly flawed."

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That's quite astute. The reason other bottomed out teams are able to rebuild quicker is that they were able to get higher quality free agents. You can't blame the GM entirely if the players they identify that can help do not want to come here.

Well since we just keep losing it's only going to make things harder. It's a cycle but high profile players can probably see the same things the fans can.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Well since we just keep losing it's only going to make things harder. It's a cycle but high profile players can probably see the same things the fans can.

the high profile players go to contenders these days, to me it will be a meteoric rise once we can generate momentum on our own simply because more players will be interested, more will accept trades and therefore more options for MacT to adjust the team.

The only thing we have had since the rebuild began was an opportunity for project players/coaches/gm's, an opportunity to be a cap dumpster along with a plethora of high profile prospects.

We just got to thank jeebus we have the fans who wont let management miss their mistakes - we could be florida after all.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I love all the Ferraro haters that come out everytime Ray tells it like it is. We should appreciate guys like this, not get mad at them.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I love all the Ferraro haters that come out everytime Ray tells it like it is. We should appreciate guys like this, not get mad at them.

I like Ferraro a lot but it's tough to give him credit for stating what everyone outside the organization knows.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I like Ferraro a lot but it's tough to give him credit for stating what everyone outside the organization knows.

I find it refreshing when the media actually has the balls to say something, the more heat on management the better.

It means a lot more coming from Ferraro then it does some random blogger.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I find it refreshing when the media actually has the balls to say something, the more heat on management the better.

It means a lot more coming from Ferraro then it does some random blogger.

But management doesn't care. The media has been tearing them apart today and we have yet to hear a peep.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Too bad it won't change anything.

I know. People are acting like replacing all of the management will magically make this team better. It won't. Unless they completely gut the team, even then it's hit or miss. Either way the fans are going to have to continue to be patient no matter what happens down the road. :cry::cry::cry:

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
I think drawing more attention and scrutiny to the matter is a good thing. Glad Ray put this out. The less insulated these guys are from criticism the better, they sure need it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I know. People are acting like replacing all of the management will magically make this team better. It won't. Unless they completely gut the team, even then it's hit or miss. Either way the fans are going to have to continue to be patient no matter what happens down the road. :cry::cry::cry:

It's more out of necessity. I don't think anyone expects this team to shoot up the standings but the cronyism and nepotism have to end. Being rewarded for failure simply isn't acceptable and management needs to be held accountable.

It does seem that way but I'm hoping there's a breaking point somewhere

I'm assuming it'll be somewhere around the 3rd period tomorrow.

I think drawing more attention and scrutiny to the matter is a good thing. Glad Ray put this out. The less insulated these guys are from criticism the better, they sure need it.

I don't think it bothers them all that much.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003

The team needs to be gutted, but the right management needs to be in place first to do the gutting.

Jul 19, 2012

Agree however obvious it is. He seems as frustrated as us fans.

"Their model for building the team is clearly flawed"

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It's more out of necessity. I don't think anyone expects this team to shoot up the standings but the cronyism and nepotism have to end. Being rewarded for failure simply isn't acceptable and management needs to be held accountable.

That's a fair point and I do agree with it. But man, hearing Ray lay into them like that. I mean it's all true, but you just shake your head because you know how bad they are. It's downright embarrassing. Even the players last night turning the post game were down on themselves. And it has only been 4 games! I mean goodness. :cry:

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That's a fair point and I do agree with it. But man, hearing Ray lay into them like that. I mean it's all true, but you just shake your head because you know how bad they are. It's downright embarrassing. Even the players last night turning the post game were down on themselves. And it has only been 4 games! I mean goodness. :cry:

Management put that team on the ice and that coach behind the bench. Lowe has survived the worst teams in NHL history behind the iron curtain of Katz.

They sure do make it seem that way.

It's not their fault. At least that's what they'll say.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Completely disagree with what Strudwick had to say on SC tonight about staying the course and not trading Eberle as he is a special player.

While I love Struds and value his incite he is a bit of a buffoon. Like, seriously. Taken a lot of punches to the head over the years and was a 6-7 lunch pale guy his entire career... I take his opinion seriously but not overly. He's been wrong about a bunch of things. He also has a bias towards Canadian/North American players.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
One thing I'm curious about, Ferraro knows Nuge quite well due to his son Landon playing with him in junior, has he talked with Nuge about the coach/management group? And if so, is this opinion any type of reflection of Nuge's thoughts on the team? Not saying it is, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were the case.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada

They might know it but nobody has been as direct and matter of fact about saying it. This is a big deal even if we all knew it. We, the fans have no voice. Lowe made that clear last year. The media always has a voice and always has the last word. They are starting to line up in unison about this team for the sake of us fans. I thank them for that but keep on complaining about whatever it is you complain about constantly.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They might know it but nobody has been as direct and matter of fact about saying it. This is a big deal even if we all knew it. We, the fans have no voice. Lowe made that clear last year. The media always has a voice and always has the last word. They are starting to line up in unison about this team for the sake of us fans. I thank them for that but keep on complaining about whatever it is you complain about constantly.

Practically everyone on TSN and Sportsnet is saying that the Oilers are poorly run.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Practically everyone on TSN and Sportsnet is saying that the Oilers are poorly run.

Good. It's about time. Why is Ferraro in your crosshairs? He is giving them the kick in the *** that they deserve.

Also, practically everyone has only started this week. Where we're they last year? Ferraro has been railing on the Oilers for a few years now.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Good. It's about time. Why is Ferraro in your crosshairs? He is giving them the kick in the *** that they deserve.

Also, practically everyone has only started this week. Where we're they last year? Ferraro has been railing on the Oilers for a few years now.

I just think it's not really fair to give Ferraro credit when everyone else is saying it.

The media was still stuck on hope. But I don't think it'll change much.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
I just think it's not really fair to give Ferraro credit when everyone else is saying it.

The media was still stuck on hope. But I don't think it'll change much.

So who gets the credit then? Again, Ferraro has been saying this about our team for a few years now. He has not been shy. To be fair, he was asked in this interview what he thought. It wasn't volunteered because he has already said it many times.

In your opinion, what would change things? I have never seen an NHL team be this bad while seeming to have so much to work with. What is the catalyst for meaningful change? Public embarrassment apparently got Lowe to offer Katz a resignation/sabbatical last year. This is much, much worse. Can you not see that?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Ferraro didn't exactly provide any solutions. It sounded like airing out dirty laundry rather than providing any analysis

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $2,335.00