Dreger: Ferland's Market includes the Canucks

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What is the price tag?

As a fit goes, he is absolutely perfect.
We badly need a young tough player who can score and can protect guys like EP40

Reactions: JuniorNelson

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
What is the price tag?

Probably depends how the market plays out for him but I would assume the ask is still high right now but could drop depending on whether it is a buyers or sellers market....He is probably a true rental though Lebrun was saying he is looking for an Evander Kane type contract in the off season.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I'm at the point in which I'd rather just see the Canes trade him for the best return and wish him well. With the type of player he is, the number of teams interested and his contract year production, he's going to get paid in the Summer. His next contract has the potential to be really ugly.

Could be Clarkson levels bad. His game is good, but it'll probably fall off a cliff quickly like Lucic too

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lucic had 650+ NHL games when he signed his deal. Ferland will have ~320 by the time he signs.

Always a risk but Ferland was a late bloomer. Should have some good years in him.

Yeah he could have, but he's going to get paid this summer, and carries a ton of risk.

Gm's in July just don't seem to be able to think.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Flames really shouldn't at that price. He was a great guy here, but he doesn't really have a spot here, and frankly we need to move on.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
What is the price tag?

Ferland's a beast, but he's not protecting anybody. Nobody ever once stopped f***ing with Gaudreau because Micheal Ferland was the #1RW.

Reactions: TML1990

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad