98.5 The Sports Hub Felger: Don’t fall in love with your entire roster

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'd trade just about anyone on this roster for the right price. With that being said, they have a solid roster with just a few holes. There is no reason to go crazy and overpay grossly for a pending UFA at the deadline. I wouldn't go making wholesale changes to this roster because it's shown it can compete with most teams in the league. So maybe a rental for a pick or two or a prospect like Beecher, but that's about it. BTW, I'd move Beecher for pretty much anything because he's not a guy I expect anything out of.
Amen

Everyone has a price, but I hesitate to move most roster players because the roster isn't just not broken, it's thriving

Reactions: LSCII

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I’m saying as long as they maintain their core they fringe doesn’t matter as much. Guys like foligno can be moved and it’s not going to hurt chemistry in this veteran group. I wouldn’t trade him to trade him obviously but I’m just saying chemistry is being very overrated here.

But ya we could go back and fourth in examples. The 2011 bruins trading Blake wheeler and mark Stuart worked out pretty well for them.
Starting point: Felger article. ---- don't be in love with the roster!
Some said here: who cares team chemistry, trade to upgrade and agree with him
I say: trading for a better player DOES not = a better team.
IMO - the better team do have at some point talent for sure but also team culture and chemistry. Removing team chemistry, team culture in the equation of the choice of a player especially traded on a team where ALL the players talk as WE and are rolling overexpection is imo plain dumb!

I am not against a trade, neither against DS searching to upgrade the team.... I am saying you can not do it without considering team chemistry, team culture etc... I am not in the locker room.... but IMO trading a bottom 6 à la Foligno is...... risky!

And I add.... I f***in love this team and roster.... f... Felger!

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna