98.5 The Sports Hub Felger: Don’t fall in love with your entire roster

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Personally, I’m stunned Dan didn’t take my bait about moving Beecher for literally anything since that stiff is his new binkie. :naughty:
Who’s new Binkie ? I traded Beecher last year

My binkies are my second lime Devils - Jack Hughes & Jesper Bratt

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I am literally sure of that, yes. I know because they traded players from their roster that season for upgrades.
Hmmm. I know that.

What I was reefing to is -- do you really beleive Boston traded for Kelly not knowing he would fit well in team chemistry? Where is Kelly right now! Why was Kane so long to be traded.... how did the players react to Michell Miller signing etc... MY point is upgrade yes.... but the upgrades need to take into account team chemistry, teal culture! etc...I read you as add a better player you will have a better team! I am saying .... not always.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Shit stirrer x3. :D
Shit stirrer x 4.

I remember when 98.5 had some of the Bs players on...and Cam was on often.

They acted like dicks and Cam signed off. I don't listen anymore (except for Sat morning if I am in the car). Are there ever any of the players on?
I kind of hope NOT.

Last edited:

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Agreed and I haven’t kept up on co tract negotiations, but if it’s looking like he wants to test FA I think you have to deal him as much as I would despise that.
There is not alot of option for DS. If Boston was struggling hard it would be easier.... but now expectation are higher...

Maybe this is the last year of PB and DK! Do you sell or Buy? You buy for this year or the future? you risk and lose him for nothing? Pasta waits and it will cost you a leg and arm! imagine Pasta in a LA Kings jersey or a Canes sweater pilling 60 goals next year!!! That tells me Boston will pay him what he wants!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
chemistry is very important but holy hell some of you are overrating it’s impact if a guy gets traded. Moving a guy like foligno or Gryz isn’t going to ruin chemistry. Especially on such a veteran team like this who many of these players have had hundreds upon hundreds of teammates in their career. They’ve dealt with it so many times before. They’ll be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
dealing Pasta will make the Bruins the punch line of every joke for years
Agreed, but my biggest fear of all is him walking. So the Bruins should hurry up and sign him because the only thing worse would be letting yet another player walk for free.

Reactions: Gordoff

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Didn't Lauko do all of that crazy endurance and strength training last off season? What did he do again? I was very impressed by his commitment and work ethic.

But, if I recall, he was given a chance early on this season, and did not stick.

Am I wrong?

This was mainly due to cap issue imo. He didn't do anything wrong. Actually helped "speed" up Foligno Nosek. It was a good 4th line

Reactions: Gordoff

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
chemistry is very important but holy hell some of you are overrating it’s impact if a guy gets traded. Moving a guy like foligno or Gryz isn’t going to ruin chemistry. Especially on such a veteran team like this who many of these players have had hundreds upon hundreds of teammates in their career. They’ve dealt with it so many times before. They’ll be fine.
Cam Neely in the right environment, right team culture did double his numbers and became a + players for the rest of his career. I agree with you but at the same time Felger and some folks seem to avoid believing team chemistry, culture need to be part of the equation...

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Okay, I’ll bite.:laugh:

I will personally go all Banshees of Inisherin and do a Brenden Gleason if Pasta is traded before the playoffs. New contract or not.

Tell me whose door I should hurl my fingers at on the 0.001% chance I am wrong.:laugh:

Matt8871

Jan 10, 2022
If he’s not signed by Valentines Day they can’t let him walk for nothing

If he wants to play in California the Kings make sense - got a good Harvard winger and loaded system
Who?

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Feel like Foligno is a good team guy & trading him would hurt the chemistry
I hated on him last year, but feel like he’s a big part of the team
Dude gets the hug before the goalies hug after every win

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Cam Neely in the right environment, right team culture did double his numbers and became a + players for the rest of his career. I agree with you but at the same time Felger and some folks seem to avoid believing team chemistry, culture need to be part of the equation...

I’m saying as long as they maintain their core they fringe doesn’t matter as much. Guys like foligno can be moved and it’s not going to hurt chemistry in this veteran group. I wouldn’t trade him to trade him obviously but I’m just saying chemistry is being very overrated here.

But ya we could go back and fourth in examples. The 2011 bruins trading Blake wheeler and mark Stuart worked out pretty well for them.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I’m saying as long as they maintain their core they fringe doesn’t matter as much. Guys like foligno can be moved and it’s not going to hurt chemistry in this veteran group. I wouldn’t trade him to trade him obviously but I’m just saying chemistry is being very overrated here.

But ya we could go back and fourth in examples. The 2011 bruins trading Blake wheeler and mark Stuart worked out pretty well for them.
That's really apple to oranges and I'm sure you could go back and look at a lot of deadline trades that worked out for other teams(not only in Bruins history) as well as the trades that didn't.

Stuart was a former #21 overall pick the Bruins in 2003, and Wheeler was even younger then Stuart iirc.

Peverley was coming off a few good season with a dying team in the Trashers. Sure Wheeler ended up scoring at a good clip for a few years after that. . .

I would assume from how it looks, Foligno is a glue type of team guy.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

This was mainly due to cap issue imo. He didn't do anything wrong. Actually helped "speed" up Foligno Nosek. It was a good 4th line
The Bruins had $9 million in cap space at the time he was sent down. Curious to see how this was due to cap issues if you'd kindly explain.

He needed to work on some things. It's as simple as that.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If he’s not signed by Valentines Day they can’t let him walk for nothing

If he wants to play in California the Kings make sense - got a good Harvard winger and loaded system
No way are they moving him he's here for the year and hopefully beyond. You don't have two icon Centers take huge cap discounts for another chance at the Cup and then trade away your most prolific goal scorer since Cam Neely when your team is on pace for a record breaking season. You add not subtract.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad