GDT: Feel good GDT, remember the good old days - Canes vs. Devils.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I think we have regressed from last yr. Better October worse Nov and dec

The good news is this may FINALLY be the year we're just flat out bad enough for it to make a difference.

Of course, now with the ****ing Oilers rule in effect, we'll end up picking 4th. ****ing guarantee it.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
who did the canucks draft with our 3rd round pick?

wonder if we can get him back

Do you guys really not like him in Carolina? Most of us in Vancouver miss him a lot. He was putting up great numbers and he's an awesome guy. Is he like a level below Ward in terms of performance? Or are they both struggling behind an iffy (sorry) team? And to answer your question, Guillaume Brisebois.

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
He's been absolutely ****ing atrocious so far. The way he's playing right now I'm not sure a beer league goalie would be THAT much worse.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
i could have gone to this game for free and i said no and i live like 10 minuites from the arena

so much effort to be miserable for 3+ hours away from the comfort of my own home

it isnt like you can go to enjoy the atmosphere, it is just depressing as hell

Lol. CANES HOCKEY!!!!

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Wife was out tonight, and I had 2 choices.. play video games... or watch this game...

s3Nb6Fg.jpg

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
He's been absolutely ****ing atrocious so far. The way he's playing right now I'm not sure a beer league goalie would be THAT much worse.

I think the guy on my lower level adult hockey league could do better and he doesn't even know how to fasten his pads properly.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Oh, no. We already know Eddie is a bad goalie so far. The results of this game will determine whether we think he is still a bad goalie, or now a slightly less bad goalie.

Still a bad goalie. But tonight the team was just as bad as he was. Impressively bad all around.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Oh, and Lack's save percentage went down tonight. I didn't think that was likely to happen, but here we are. Cam is bad, but Eddie is terribad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Only good news is that Cam is a UFA after this year and we can use that money to try to acquire a real goalie.

JK. Karmanos will just pocket it and we'll ride a Tirronen-Lack pairing into last place in what's looking to be a weak draft. Hail ****ing Hydra.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Only good news is that Cam is a UFA after this year and we can use that money to try to acquire a real goalie.

JK. Karmanos will just pocket it and we'll ride a Tirronen-Lack pairing into last place in what's looking to be a weak draft. Hail ****ing Hydra.

They will sign Stamkos or Kopitar with the $15 million they will save on Eric and Cam :sarcasm:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
The good news is this may FINALLY be the year we're just flat out bad enough for it to make a difference.

Of course, now with the ****ing Oilers rule in effect, we'll end up picking 4th. ****ing guarantee it.

At least I like all of Matthews, Puljujarvi and Tkachuk (meh on Laine).... which of course means that the Oilers will get the #1 pick again, take Matthews, and then watch the other forwards go 2-3 and leaving us with ****ing Chychrun.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not an excuse for Lack, as right now he's terrible, just an interesting observation that Joe posted the other day. The team plays much worse in front of Lack for some reason.

Lack has started 7 games and in 4 of them, the team was held to UNDER 2 goals (contrast that to 7 out of 18 for Ward's starts - and one of those 7 was Buffalo where Lack played the 2nd half).

The team averages 2 shots / game less in Lack's starts
The team averages 1.57 Goals/game under Lack and 2.22 under Ward.

Sample size for Lack is still small, but the team seems to lay eggs with Lack in net. I was at the FLA game and it was one of the poorer outings I had seen, kinda like last night.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It's not just Lack. This team has played differently in front of any goaltender not named Ward for as long as I can remember.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's not just Lack. This team has played differently in front of any goaltender not named Ward for as long as I can remember.

If I recall though (maybe I'm misremembering), 2 years ago the team played pretty well in front of Khudobin and even Peters. It seemed like they were working harder in front of Peters because they knew he sucked. :laugh:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
If I recall though (maybe I'm misremembering), 2 years ago the team played pretty well in front of Khudobin and even Peters. It seemed like they were working harder in front of Peters because they knew he sucked. :laugh:

I remember a stretch where Peters was putting up respectable numbers because everyone collapsed in front of him all game long. I want to say that was Muller's last season? Don't really remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad