GDT: Feel good GDT, remember the good old days - Canes vs. Devils.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Since our team stinks and we seem to all be at each other's throats on this board and in a generally fowl mood, here is a GDT to lift our spirits, even if just temporarily. Just remember some of the good old days.

If you have some other good ones to post (Like Staal's game tying goal before Wallin's goal...or chasing Marty on his birthday, etc...) post them and I'll add them to this OP as I couldn't find them.

As for the line-ups? I'm sure they will change 10 times during the game so not sure it matters.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Since our team stinks and we seem to all be at each other's throats on this board and in a generally fowl mood, here is a GDT to lift our spirits, even if just temporarily. Just remember some of the good old days.

Who you calling a fowl? huh? :laugh:;)

Good timing on a lift your spirits GDT. I'll be the first to admit I've been pretty disgruntled about this season even if they didn't look any better on paper.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Who you calling a fowl? huh? :laugh:;)

Hey, if it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck...well..... :sarcasm: (ok, that's all I've got trying to recover from a spelling error. No sense correcting it and I won't even try to blame spell check as I just screwed up. :laugh: ).

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Marty Brodeur losing his cool after blowing that game is probably my favorite Devils/Canes game memory ever. What a brat. Who woulda thought the Canes could say they were 3-1 in playoff series against one of the greatest goaltenders in NHL History.

I thought this game would be a low scoring snooze fest but with two backup goalies in, maybe there will be more scoring.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Wait Schneider isn't playing? **** me I was counting on him to have an easy win in fantasy or at worst lose to the Canes so I could be happy about something. Guaranteed shutout loss incoming.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Wait Schneider isn't playing? **** me I was counting on him to have an easy win in fantasy or at worst lose to the Canes so I could be happy about something. Guaranteed shutout loss incoming.

Keep your negativity out of this GDT! :rant:

At least until Lack gives up his first soft goal and all hell breaks loose.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Marty Brodeur losing his cool after blowing that game is probably my favorite Devils/Canes game memory ever. What a brat. Who woulda thought the Canes could say they were 3-1 in playoff series against one of the greatest goaltenders in NHL History.

I thought this game would be a low scoring snooze fest but with two backup goalies in, maybe there will be more scoring.

I thought Lack was starting?

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I thought Lack was starting?

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
It's not in the video BBA posted, but the greatest thing about the "Shock at the Rock" is after Staal scores and backs into the glass, if you find a slow mo of it, there is the hottest devils fan giving the two biggest middle fingers you've ever see :laugh:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
It's not in the video BBA posted, but the greatest thing about the "Shock at the Rock" is after Staal scores and backs into the glass, if you find a slow mo of it, there is the hottest devils fan giving the two biggest middle fingers you've ever see :laugh:

about 9:30 of this video.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
No pressure eddie, but the results of this game will determine whether we think you are a good or bad goalie.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
No pressure eddie, but the results of this game will determine whether we think you are a good or bad goalie.

Oh, no. We already know Eddie is a bad goalie so far. The results of this game will determine whether we think he is still a bad goalie, or now a slightly less bad goalie.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Interesting data on Eddie:

Last year, he was above average everywhere except in the slot, where he was below average: http://war-on-ice.com/hexgoalies.html?name=Eddie0Lack0-0G&start0=20142015&end0=20142015

This year, he's below average everywhere, on a much smaller sample size: http://war-on-ice.com/hexgoalies.html?name=Eddie0Lack0-0G&start0=20152016&end0=20152016

If he returns to last year's form, the team as a whole should benefit modestly, because our current strength -- preventing shots from down low -- covers his weakness and emphasizes his strength.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I can't wait to let him have it! ----E Get out your pitchforks!

Getting ready to leave so I can let 'em all have it in person. Go Canes! Or some such....

Thankfully my sarcasm meter is working correctly, otherwise I'd have to say:
Keep your negativity out of this GDT! :rant:

At least until Lack gives up his first soft goal and all hell breaks loose.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'm in such a positive mood tonight, I'm predicting a 5-2 win. Skinner, Faulk, Lindholm, Rask and Malone with the goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad