Injury Report: Feb. 26: Kimmo Timonen [blood clot in leg]

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Classy move by Kimmo:

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/02/10/blue-jackets-notebook.html

Already surrounded by friends and family to help him celebrate his 1,000th NHL game last night, Blue Jackets left wing Scott Hartnell got a heartwarming surprise when he spotted an old friend yesterday morning.

“I was walking to the rink and saw Kimmo Timonen walking in,” Hartnell said after scoring in a 4-3 loss to the Los Angeles Kings. “I was like, ‘What are you doing here, buddy? You’re supposed to be skating now.’ It was pretty cool that he surprised me. That’s why he’s my best bud.”

RJ8812*

I'm hoping he can get healthy before the deadline so that we can trade him to a contender so he gets one last shot at a Cup

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Would be a fantastic story if Nashville acquires them both and then wins the cup.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Feb. 28 is a possible new target date.

Based on a tentative plan that Timonen provided after he finished an on-ice workout Tuesday at Skate Zone, he sounded as if returning on Feb. 28 for the Flyers-Rangers game at Wells Fargo Center is a good possibility.

"Hopefully, if everything goes in plan and I feel great ... hopefully at the end of the month," Timonen said.

Because Timonen previously had guessed that he might need only two weeks to be game ready, there was speculation that he'd make his season debut a week earlier for the Flyers-Nashville Predators' game at Wells Fargo Center on Saturday, Feb. 21.

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2015/02/flyers_kimmo_timonen_doesnt_think_hell_be_game_rea.html

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Wednesday, February 18:

Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen, sidelined all season by blood clots, had his first full practice with the team Wednesday as he continued his comeback.

Timonen, 39, did not have much contact, but was involved in some pushing and shoving with his teammates. Timonen skated with a few teammates after the practice ended.

Timonen said he would probably make the road trip that starts Tuesday, but that “we haven’t talked about it” yet.

Asked if he thought a tune-up game with the AH Phantoms would be beneficial, Timonen said, “That’s not an option….I don’t feel like going down there. We all know anything can happen in a game, and what happens if I get hurt? There goes my dream, so what’s the point?”

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...inues-comeback-Desjardins-ceremony-Thurs.html

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Visitig fan here.

Got to say, as a Finnish hockey fan, if there are some players I'm proud of.. they're Kimmo Timonen and Sami Kapanen (and of course Saku Koivu).

Fine gentlemen.

Best of luck.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Unless he plays Kimmo on the 3rd pair to start with. The top two pairings looked good today and I'm sure Kimmo won't be moving to the right side in his final games.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
When the Flyers play a heavy hitting team like Washington today, you see why Grossmann doesn't sit. He had a good game and his strength made a difference.

I don't see how they are better with Grossmann then Schenn. Luke at least can make a decent outlet pass and is a natural RHD.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

We are getting close to his return. Bound to be moves made one way or another. Whatever happens I hope that have Rinaldo on waivers and CC is just gone. Don't really care where either end up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad