Injury Report: Feb. 26: Kimmo Timonen [blood clot in leg]

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't see MDZ-Coburn getting split up yet because Timonen won't be able to handle the minutes those guys can.

I would start him on the 3rd pair with Schenn or MacDonald (assuming Gross is moved) and go from there.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Schenn will be eating popcorn the rest of the season assuming they can't move someone.

SchennSational1022*

Grossmann over Schenn is so ****ing stupid it makes my brain hurt.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
02cbed4e47f2b7a57fb91c8f3c97aa63.jpg

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
We need to clear 2 million in cap space for him to be able to play. Send Rinaldo away as fast as possible. Waive CC. That would be 1.375 right there. Maybe waive Emery as well? I have no clue since there isn't a capgeek anymore!!!

That just doesn't seem like enough?

Last edited:

RJ8812*

Would love to see Kimmo return, then moved to a contender. He deserves one last shot

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Would love to see Kimmo return, then moved to a contender. He deserves one last shot
don't we all *know* what's going to happen?
he comes back too late to be moved, and helps the flyers make a half-arsed run toward a playoff spot, only to fall a bit short and get something like the #14 pick

RJ8812*

he comes back too late to be moved, and helps the flyers make a half-arsed run toward a playoff spot, only to fall a bit short and get something like the #14 pick

To be honest, I don't really care where we finish in terms of a draft pick. Aside from the top-2 picks, which we aren't even close to being bad enough to get, it's a crap shot. I have faith in our scouting staff when it comes to their 1st round picks, so I'll take whatever we get

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Have you looked at the March schedule? It's brutal. The only "easy" games are at the Devils (who always give us fits) and at the Oilers. And the Flyers are a terrible road team.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I haven't read this article yet in its entirety but it may be of eventual and immediate interest:

In order to make room for Timonen on the 23-man roster, defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo is expected to be placed on waivers at noon today. The Flyers could also made a trade to clear space. Braydon Coburn and Nick Grossmann are players who could be on the move.

Aside from the roster complication, the Flyers will also face a significant salary-cap hurdle with Timonen's easily reachable performance-based bonuses.

Timonen has been paid his $2 million salary all season. According to sources, he is due another $750,000 on his 10th game played. If he plays in all 20 of the remaining games, Timonen will earn another $250,000 on top of that, bringing his total to $3 million.

That hurts the Flyers because their bonus overages will apply to next season's salary-cap figure since they are already exceeding this year's cap limit in real dollars. The only way they squeak by on a daily basis is by operating with long-term injury exceptions.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ebut_against_Rangers.html#LbJcOwq570OdVif1.99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad