TV: Fear The Walking Dead

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Seriously f*** Scott Gimple. Guy is a terrible hack. Pretty much just introduced the Saviors to a new show and called them "The Vultures", and he made Madison a Rick clone instead of the nasty person she was last season. Last season Madison would have been scheming to kill those f***s as soon as they rolled up to their gate, instead she's in "let's save people" mode now.

Reactions: Bleedred

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Seriously **** Scott Gimple. Guy is a terrible hack. Pretty much just introduced the Saviors to a new show and called them "The Vultures", and he made Madison a Rick clone instead of the nasty person she was last season. Last season Madison would have been scheming to kill those ****s as soon as they rolled up to their gate, instead she's in "let's save people" mode now.

Yup lame. Throw all the hand grenades over the wall at the trucks and mow down the survivors while they are sitting there. Vultures over.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yup lame. Throw all the hand grenades over the wall at the trucks and mow down the survivors while they are sitting there. Vultures over.
Sneak out a back way in the dark and flank them as well. They are sitting in the middle of an open parking lot while you have walls and the advantage of hitting them from multiple directions. Hell she went all commando on the Native American settlement last season even, and set up multiple ambushes at the dam where they could attack and fall back, so she knows what she is doing. Zero excuse for her not to immediately come up with a similar plan to run them off.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It amazes me how much damage one person can do to an entire franchise, but Gimple has hurt the two shows under TWD umbrella beyond repair (in the case of TWD mostly) at this point imo.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It amazes me how much damage one person can do to an entire franchise, but Gimple has hurt the two shows under TWD umbrella beyond repair (in the case of TWD mostly) at this point imo.
Can't blame one person though, because if AMC had a problem with it they could replace him.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He also oversaw the best seasons of TWD when he got promoted.
Also true. At some point they started trying to be really faithful to the comics though, especially with Negan and the Saviors. He just isn't a good character for tv and the storyline was never going to translate well with how they did it.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Worst part. Saviours were hundreds of battle hardened soldiers. These guys who have apparently f***ed Nick and friends for yeasrs but have at most a few dozen guys in RVs and ambulances. They could have killed them all up on the walls.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Karnage

Mar 9, 2004
Is it just me or are they teasing that Maddison is dead? Please let Madison be dead

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Well that was freaking stupid, the actor who carried the show the first two seasons, he better have asked to be off the show or gimple needs to be fired off this one also

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
Per an article I read online, the actor did ask to be written off the show to pursue other opportunities. Apparently the request was made before the new showrunners took over.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Per an article I read online, the actor did ask to be written off the show to pursue other opportunities. Apparently the request was made before the new showrunners took over.
Seems questionable, since they could have just not had him in the show this season as his fate after the dam explosion was ambiguous.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Is it just me or are they teasing that Maddison is dead? Please let Madison be dead
Didn't think of this. Has it been established that the group has a new home? I don't recall. So far we've only seen Madison in flashbacks. But I doubt they'd kill her off, honestly.

Was not expecting Nick to die. Damn.

TomPlex

Jan 24, 2006
www.dermamode.com
I wonder if this means the end of the "THEN" timeline? I can't see how they go on without Nick in that timeline. Or maybe he's off the show but filmed the scenes that they needed him for?

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Disappointed in Dillane's decision. Only way I'm okay with Nick's death is if it elevates Strand into a bigger role. Now if Strand dies? Then I'm definitely done.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
OK with Nicks death because it means we’re one step closer to having Strand as our only original character. Which is awesome. I like the two new characters they introduced so if they’re on more that will be nice. The cowboy is great.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Strand, Morgan, Cowboy, Salazar

Those are all the male "good guys."

Morgan is a TWD character and Salazar is MIA. So we've got two male characters, and seeing as Dillahunt is the prototypical TV one-off character actor (i.e. red-shirt fodder), we can only depend on Domingo being the main male character (this show is his only significant screen character).

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Strand, Morgan, Cowboy, Salazar

Those are all the male "good guys."

Morgan is a TWD character and Salazar is MIA. So we've got two male characters, and seeing as Dillahunt is the prototypical TV one-off character actor (i.e. red-shirt fodder), we can only depend on Domingo being the main male character (this show is his only significant screen character).
I don't know, I could definitely see the John Dorie character sticking around. Now whether the show itself will survive is another story...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I finally got around to watching the full episode, and it sucked. They have butchered Madison as a character, what awful writing. Episode was full of things you have typically seen in TWD for the last few years like characters doing horribly stupid things, shallow characters, messy writing, etc. I hate Scott Gimple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad