TV: Fear The Walking Dead

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't remember the last time I was more annoyed with a show/character death than what just happened in this episode. My first thought was ''Alright, he's not gonna die. They're gonna save him, just like Carl in season two of the original series when he got shot by the guy who missed the deer and hit him instead''. Then it became apparent that he was gonna die. Since it was the actor's choice to leave, I guess I can't blame the writers too much?

I really liked this show last season and felt that it was better than season 7 of the original series (Season 8 was pretty good though), but I haven't been too into this season. I liked the first episode, but it felt more like a Morgan spin off series than Fear The Walking Dead. I don't like that they're showing things out of chronological order. It's annoying me. There's speculation now that Madison is dead, but I don't think she is. I think this new group kidnapped her, took her prisoner/hostage, something like that and that's why Nick went after that one guy and killed him. I think they're holding Madison prisoner until they ''Pay up'' something to them to get her free or something like that. That would be stupid if they killed Madison.

As far as Salazar goes, I think he's long gone, which sucks because I liked him a lot. He was probably my favorite character, but I hated how they fake out killed him, then brought him back a full season later.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Seriously **** Scott Gimple. Guy is a terrible hack. Pretty much just introduced the Saviors to a new show and called them "The Vultures", and he made Madison a Rick clone instead of the nasty person she was last season. Last season Madison would have been scheming to kill those ****s as soon as they rolled up to their gate, instead she's in "let's save people" mode now.
My thoughts exactly.

Such a bummer. Madison of season 3 would have concocted a scheme to get everyone together in the stadium group and just annihilate all of them in the parking lot.

Reactions: Blender

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Last episode was pretty bad...bummed because the show was solid last season. Also needs more Daniel Salazar.

The death the episode before really pissed me off to. He was the character with the most potential on that show. They could have done a better job with the death and events leading up to it also, it just seemed rush and really without much emotion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Last episode was horrible. I'm done with the show.

I can't remember the last time I was more annoyed with a show/character death than what just happened in this episode. My first thought was ''Alright, he's not gonna die. They're gonna save him, just like Carl in season two of the original series when he got shot by the guy who missed the deer and hit him instead''. Then it became apparent that he was gonna die. Since it was the actor's choice to leave, I guess I can't blame the writers too much?

I really liked this show last season and felt that it was better than season 7 of the original series (Season 8 was pretty good though), but I haven't been too into this season. I liked the first episode, but it felt more like a Morgan spin off series than Fear The Walking Dead. I don't like that they're showing things out of chronological order. It's annoying me. There's speculation now that Madison is dead, but I don't think she is. I think this new group kidnapped her, took her prisoner/hostage, something like that and that's why Nick went after that one guy and killed him. I think they're holding Madison prisoner until they ''Pay up'' something to them to get her free or something like that. That would be stupid if they killed Madison.

As far as Salazar goes, I think he's long gone, which sucks because I liked him a lot. He was probably my favorite character, but I hated how they fake out killed him, then brought him back a full season later.
No, I can blame the writers since they didn't need to bring him back at all. He essentially sacrificed himself to save everyone at the end of season 3, which was a noble death for a former heroine addict would would lie and steal from anyone to get his next fix. There was no reason to have him somehow survive just to die in episode 3.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Last episode was horrible. I'm done with the show.

No, I can blame the writers since they didn't need to bring him back at all. He essentialay sacrificed himself to save everyone at the end of season 3, which was a noble death for a former heroine addict would would lie and steal from anyone to get his next fix. There was no reason to have him somehow survive just to die in episode 3.
I'm gonna keep watching it because I continue watching when I get invested in a show, but it's really soured and I can't blame anybody for being done with it. My first thought after the Nick death was ''Man, do I even wanna watch this show anymore?''. Isn't Gimple the new showrunner for this season? He was the one who made some controversial calls on characters and deaths in the original series, though I've heard that actor who plays Nick was the one who wanted off.

They probably should have killed him in the dam explosion in the season 3 finale.

And why the hell didn't we get to see how they got to Texas? Are we ever gonna get to see any of that? They fast forwarded the series with a 2 year (approximately) time jump to fit Morgan from current time Walking Dead into the show.

They could have done this better, but it's almost like they're shitting on the preceding history of the show to make Morgan the lead character. I hate to sound like a spoiled baby here, but it's like they disrespected the fans who have been with the series since the first episode, to appease fans of the original series who will crossover and give the series more views/ratings. They've really weakened Madison, who would have blown the f*** out of the Neo-Saviors one night when they were asleep outside of the stadium. The one that we knew before this season. Now she's caving like Rick after Negan took over and killed Glenn and Abraham, but they didn't even take out any of her people before she started acting that way.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Last episode was pretty bad...bummed because the show was solid last season. Also needs more Daniel Salazar.

The death the episode before really pissed me off to. He was the character with the most potential on that show. They could have done a better job with the death and events leading up to it also, it just seemed rush and really without much emotion.
Maybe you guys have already been following this guy, but if not you should check him out. He does 5-6 videos a week on average, whenever either The Walking Dead or Fear The Walking Dead are currently in-season. And maybe a 3-4 videos per week when both are in their offseason at the same time. He's pretty good, I enjoy his videos.

Anyway, he posted this video the other day. Apparently the showrunner revealed that Daniel is still alive and ''Out there'', but didn't say whether or not we'd ever see him in the series again. Wouldn't surprise me, with us not seeing him for a whole year one other time before. Perhaps Ruben Blades is busy performing musical shows and is not available for the entire time filming is going on? Or maybe this is by design with the writers and not a scheduling conflict. If we do see him again, maybe it will be in a flashback scene after the dam?

One other thing that's very unrealistic and why we need to find out how they all met up after the events at the dam. How the hell do people in the Walking Dead universe on both shows find each other, thousands of miles away, with no phone service or any means of communication in a zombie apocalypse? Like what are the chances of that? Nick and Madison already being reunited once before when they were out there, Strand reuniting with them, running into Daniel again. Luciana somehow disappearing and reappearing again. Ophelia coming back. Then in the original series Rick meeting up with his family again. At least they were in the same city still. Morales finding his way from Georgia to DC area like Rick and the crew. Morgan making the trek up there. At least that was reasonable, as Morgan had a map and knew who he was looking for, but he still randomly ran into Darryl and Aaron.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm gonna keep watching it because I continue watching when I get invested in a show, but it's really soured and I can't blame anybody for being done with it. My first thought after the Nick death was ''Man, do I even wanna watch this show anymore?''. Isn't Gimple the new showrunner for this season? He was the one who made some controversial calls on characters and deaths in the original series, though I've heard that actor who plays Nick was the one who wanted off.

They probably should have killed him in the dam explosion in the season 3 finale.

And why the hell didn't we get to see how they got to Texas? Are we ever gonna get to see any of that? They fast forwarded the series with a 2 year (approximately) time jump to fit Morgan from current time Walking Dead into the show.

They could have done this better, but it's almost like they're ****ting on the preceding history of the show to make Morgan the lead character. I hate to sound like a spoiled baby here, but it's like they disrespected the fans who have been with the series since the first episode, to appease fans of the original series who will crossover and give the series more views/ratings. They've really weakened Madison, who would have blown the **** out of the Neo-Saviors one night when they were asleep outside of the stadium. The one that we knew before this season. Now she's caving like Rick after Negan took over and killed Glenn and Abraham, but they didn't even take out any of her people before she started acting that way.
I couldn't stand how they had Madison out there trying to talk the "Vultures" into joining their stadium group again. This isn't Madison, it's a crappy Rick clone. Where is the Madison that coldly beat her lacky to death? That covered up the murder of an entire family committed by that same person? That planned and lead a night assault against the Native American encampment? That booby trapped the hell out of the dam to maim and kill people? That was willing to lie, cheat, steal, kill, etc. anyone who threatened the safety of her family? They have completely shit on all the character development in season 3 in an effort to try and rope in TWD viewers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I couldn't stand how they had Madison out there trying to talk the "Vultures" into joining their stadium group again. This isn't Madison, it's a crappy Rick clone. Where is the Madison that coldly beat her lacky to death? That covered up the murder of an entire family committed by that same person? That planned and lead a night assault against the Native American encampment? That booby trapped the hell out of the dam to maim and kill people? That was willing to lie, cheat, steal, kill, etc. anyone who threatened the safety of her family? They have completely **** on all the character development in season 3 in an effort to try and rope in TWD viewers.
Yup

I liked her as a character a lot. Now she’s like Morgan after he met Eastman in the original series, until right before all out war. And what he looked like he might be reverting back to when he begged Nick not to kill that vulture. :laugh:

Maybe she had an experience that will explain the change in character. There’s a lot of unanswered questions regarding what happened to them and what they went through and how they got to Texas in between seasons 3 and 4. I’m not sure if they’ll ever reveal all of it. Doesn’t seem like there’s enough time in the show.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yup

I liked her as a character a lot. Now she’s like Morgan after he met Eastman in the original series, until right before all out war. And what he looked like he might be reverting back to when he begged Nick not to kill that vulture. :laugh:

Maybe she had an experience that will explain the change in character. There’s a lot of unanswered questions regarding what happened to them and what they went through and how they got to Texas in between seasons 3 and 4. I’m not sure if they’ll ever reveal all of it. Doesn’t seem like there’s enough time in the show.
Maybe she did have some sort of experience or transition, but it's incredibly jarring and out of character right now though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe she did have some sort of experience or transition, but it's incredibly jarring and out of character right now though.
Hopefully they show us that. Hell, maybe her and Morgan will bond over akido or something.

I hate that they're showing all this out of chronological order.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Dillane noting the “chopping and changing” on the creative side tells me he didn’t want to leave the show. He said all the right things otherwise, but it’s clear he got tired of the behind-the-scenes BS.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
I wonder if they brought in Morgan as a replacement for Nick after Dillane told them he wanted out.

They're doing all this nonlinear storytelling simply because they wanted Morgan in the S4 premiere immediately following TWD finale, thus higher viewership. But it's annoying getting this far into the season and not knowing how the group ended up where they are, and the characters being vague about what happened.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It bothers me the show can have a bad episode that makes we want to quick than a decent episode (like this) with a compelling character making smart decisions (for the most part at least). I almost wish I thought every episode sucks so I could be done with it.

Karnage

Mar 9, 2004
It bothers me the show can have a bad episode that makes we want to quick than a decent episode (like this) with a compelling character making smart decisions (for the most part at least). I almost wish I thought every episode sucks so I could be done with it.

Did I miss something? Why where all the walkers attracted to the bridge?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I wouldn't mind a show where it was just about Morgan and Dorie wandering the wasteland together. I think TWD and FTWD become bloated with so many characters because it increases the chances for a character to do something stupid. If you focus on just two, you can still have good stories but without the bullshit.

Dorie is a really compelling character. Haven't liked a new character like this in a long time. It sucks that the show isn't very good but at least I like Dorie.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually liked this episode. It made me forget about all that Nick stuff that's pissing me off and the weakening betafication (did I just make that word up?) of Madison. I'm a sucker for episodes like this. I liked the ''Here's Not Here'' Walking Dead episode with Morgan and the Aikido guy.

I hated how she (Laura, Naomi, whatever) Forrest Gump'ed (or would it be Jenny'ed?) him at the end of the episode. Puts the moves on him after he tells her he loves her, sleeps with him, then he wakes up to find her gone.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder if they brought in Morgan as a replacement for Nick after Dillane told them he wanted out.

They're doing all this nonlinear storytelling simply because they wanted Morgan in the S4 premiere immediately following TWD finale, thus higher viewership. But it's annoying getting this far into the season and not knowing how the group ended up where they are, and the characters being vague about what happened.

haven't watched this show since the end of s2 I believe, but that last part isn't surprising. This show does a really, really bad job of covering what happened in the time jumps. Hell, in the first season they time jumped over the most intriguing part of what happened after the outbreak (the first 10 days after where the military took over and there were dead, seemingly healthy civilians laid to waste). They never even touched on what happened in those 10 days, why all the power was cut, why healthy people were killed by the military, etc.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I'm done if Dorie is dead. You don't introduce an interesting character, a great backstory, a fun trait (gunslinger), then kill him as a plot device for less interesting characters. Screw this ****.

Strand would be the only character worth giving a shit about. The series ultimately doesn't matter as I'd guess their goal is to merge the two series with the original show taking over. A show of just Rick, Daryl, Nick, Dorie, Carol, Ezekiel, Strand and Aaron would be ideal, but I guess we can't have nice things.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
I doubt they'd kill off Dorie so quickly. The fact they ended the episode before his death should tell you something. Imo.

A bit OT but the AMC app is trash. The video quality is just awful. :thumbd:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What the hell are they doing with this show man?

I wanna say they didn't kill him off in this episode, it seems like it would be too predictable. I didn't think killed Nick off right after he got shot either. Until he went into shock and passed out. Then it become apparent he was dying. The fact that they didn't have John die at the end of this episode makes me think he's probably not dead.

But you never know with this show. They kill characters off whenever. The only time they killed off characters out of nowhere and not in mid-season or close to the end of season finales like this in the original series was when Laurie and T-Dog were both knocked off a few episodes into season 3. I know it's a different show and it's not supposed to be the same, but they're too trigger happy. Is Madison even still alive?

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Man, if they kill off Dorie...arguably the best character in the series right now after only a few episodes it would be a huge mistake. It seems like Madison is probably dead to, if so then i know i dont want to watch a series based around Alicia, Strand, Luciana, and Morgan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->