TV: Fear The Walking Dead

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What the hell are they doing with this show man?

I wanna say they didn't kill him off in this episode, it seems like it would be too predictable. I didn't think killed Nick off right after he got shot either. Until he went into shock and passed out. Then it become apparent he was dying. The fact that they didn't have John die at the end of this episode makes me think he's probably not dead.

But you never know with this show. They kill characters off whenever. The only time they killed off characters out of nowhere and not in mid-season or close to the end of season finales like this in the original series was when Laurie and T-Dog were both knocked off a few episodes into season 3. I know it's a different show and it's not supposed to be the same, but they're too trigger happy. Is Madison even still alive?
Maybe next episode will be 45 minutes of his slow death mixed in with flashbacks.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I'm done if Dorie is dead. You don't introduce an interesting character, a great backstory, a fun trait (gunslinger), then kill him as a plot device for less interesting characters. Screw this ****.
Yep, agreed. Arguably the best character ever in TWD universe. Actually beats out S1 Glenn for me. This show was actually half decent, too. It's now at risk of turning into another TWD.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just binged all 6 episodes (I know, I, Cor, was 7 weeks behind a Walking Dead series :O )

- This first half was interesting because it was different than any of the previous 11 seasons of the Walking Dead Universe we saw in how it was shot and how it felt. I thought that was a big positive.
- I didn’t expect Nick’s death. That was an interesting surprise.
- Jumping ahead a bit, no idea what Alicia was doing at the end there. Her killing Dorie would be kinda interesting symbolism for Gimple’s reign of the Universe though.
- The Vultures were interesting at first because it appeared like they were almost cleaning up. Rounding up as many walkers to kill and their dead bodies. I thought maybe they could be another group that just existed. Not an enemy, not necessarily a friend, just another group doing their best.
- That thought went away, but I wasn’t as critical of others. I thought the idea was pretty neat. A group that would find groups that might be struggling, use a child to get information, than wait them out.
- The Now & Then storylines, while fine, kinda has me a bit loopy on who is actually alive and who is dead. I can only assume Madison is dead, given Alicia’s reaction at the end.

Overall, I thought it was a strong 6 episodes, not perfect, mind you, but a solid shift of the series. It seems this series is very quickly going to be down to a smaller cast, so that should be interesting.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Still done if Dorie dies but why does Alisha not shoot the grenade launcher when the Vultures are all clumped together? Stupid. Also, why isn’t the kid aged at all after 4-5 years of a time jump?

They’ve Alisha and co really unlikeable this season.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Still done if Dorie dies but why does Alisha not shoot the grenade launcher when the Vultures are all clumped together? Stupid. Also, why isn’t the kid aged at all after 4-5 years of a time jump?

Pretty sure the big time jump was between the dam explosion and the stadium stuff. I'm guessing it's been weeks/months since the stadium fight or whatever happened.

Looks like we finally get answers next week as to how we got to this point, and where the f*** is Madison.

Last edited:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
That episode was definitely the weakest this season imo.

Alicia is becoming more and more unlikable.

Still a better show than TWD.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Bad episode, starting to lose interest. If they kill off Madison, which is what it seems like they are gonna do, i dunno man...huge mistake.

If they add Dorie and Al as full series regulars then may keep my interest but no nick, no madison, no travis....i dunno.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Bad episode, starting to lose interest. If they kill off Madison, which is what it seems like they are gonna do, i dunno man...huge mistake.

If they add Dorie and Al as full series regulars then may keep my interest but no nick, no madison, no travis....i dunno.

But what about Alicia's pouty lips? You can't say no to thise

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

This. When they were behind the bus it was too obvious she should of been using it. Or stringer with all the grenades strapped to his chest...how about you through a couple....smh.

I didn't get through the episode yet, just watched the first 20 mins or so this morning and lost interest.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
This. When they were behind the bus it was too obvious she should of been using it. Or stringer with all the grenades strapped to his chest...how about you through a couple....smh.

I didn't get through the episode yet, just watched the first 20 mins or so this morning and lost interest.

The Walking Dead franchise has some of the worst battle scene planning I've ever seen. It's just atrocious.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think the original group is supposed to become unlikeable. I think the show is going to eventually become based around Morgan, Dorie, Naomi, Charlie & Maggie.

Last episode was indeed the weakest of this season so far, but this season overall has been very good, though I binged the first 6 episodes, so perhaps my opinion is skewed.

FWIW, tonight's episode has a 9/10 rating on IMBD. Don't know how the ratings work though, not sure if it's early reviews or just actual people messing around?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think the original group is supposed to become unlikeable. I think the show is going to eventually become based around Morgan, Dorie, Naomi, Charlie & Maggie.

Last episode was indeed the weakest of this season so far, but this season overall has been very good, though I binged the first 6 episodes, so perhaps my opinion is skewed.

FWIW, tonight's episode has a 9/10 rating on IMBD. Don't know how the ratings work though, not sure if it's early reviews or just actual people messing around?
The original group was unlikable last season, especially Madison. It was a major theme of the season. They aren't unlikable this season, they've become f***ing morons.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Ok, that midseason finale was dumb.

What are the showrunners doing? Nearly the entire original cast has been killed off. Not that I liked Madison but she had potential. Plus I was sorta looking forward to her meeting Morgan, lol. They also killed off Travis just as his character got interesting.

And Salazar? Are we doing this shtick again where he goes missing and *somehow* finds the group?

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What are the showrunners doing?
Making the show more like The Walking Dead, which has been awful for a couple of seasons now. The new show runners essentially tossed out all the development of season 3 in favour of their bad writing.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I stopped watching Fear The Walking Dead after the big fire at the mansion in Mexico. Did it get better?

The little culty "zombies are still people" thing just was never interesting to me.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Season 3 was terrific, this season was just dumb. I wonder if "Nick" quit because they basically canned Kim Dickens.

Reactions: Blender

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Couldn't help but laugh at the 'sacrifice' of Madison. She could have easily lived... Just lure them over away long enough for the cars to drive away, drop the flare on the ground, run around the zombies and jump on the back of one of the cars and drive off with your family. Done.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I read the original writer who left before season 4 said the original plans were for Madison and her group to go from being heroes and slowly transition into Governor/Negan type characters and becoming total villains.

Instead they killed 3/4 of the family off lmao.

Haven't watched since season 2, but god damn this show sounds so dumb -- they kill Travis when his character was getting interesting, killed Nick but apparently he wanted to leave, idk, and now kill Madison? They should have killed Madison instead of Travis all along.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I read the original writer who left before season 4 said the original plans were for Madison and her group to go from being heroes and slowly transition into Governor/Negan type characters and becoming total villains.

Instead they killed 3/4 of the family off lmao.

Haven't watched since season 2, but god damn this show sounds so dumb -- they kill Travis when his character was getting interesting, killed Nick but apparently he wanted to leave, idk, and now kill Madison? They should have killed Madison instead of Travis all along.

Happy that writer is gone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->