TV: Favourite 90s sitcom

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Here's a simple question, what is your favourite TV sitcom from the 1990's? Now the show didn't have to end during the 90's, it just has to either been started during the 90's or its peak popularity was during the 90's.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Friends
Home Improvement
Married with Children
Seinfeld
Full House
Boy Meets World
Saved by the Bell

wow, looking back...if the 2010s is the golden age for paid television, the 90s was the golden age for sitcoms

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Top 5:
Boy Meets World
Fresh Prince
Seinfeld
Drew Carry Show
Friends

If cartoons are included: Simpsons, King of the Hill would make the list.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If animation counts, The Simpsons laps everything about 20 times over.

Aside from that...uh...The Simpsons just lapped everything again.

I never had an appetite for multicam sitcoms. I watched a ton as a kid and none of them left an impression on me, not in a positive sense at least.

Last edited:

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Friends and Simpsons were the ones I actually watched in the 1990s when I was a kid. Since then, I've grown to like Frasier the best, and still enjoy prime Simpsons. Friends doesn't really feel so funny anymore.

I watched Seinfeld for the first time this past year. It was ok and some episodes were great, and some of the personalities are hilarious, but it didn't really feel like it was worth the hype it has.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Seinfeld - Nothing like it before or since; an off-the-map model of TV that can't be duplicated (except by Larry David). More quotable lines than maybe any other show.

Frasier - Some of the best writing ever. Rewatched some old clips and it's actually even funnier.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Seinfeld and peak Simpsons are the two best sitcoms of all-time IMO. The fact that they both occurred during the 90s makes this an easy question.

HM to Home Improvement and Married with Children.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Fresh Prince of Bel Air
wow, looking back...if the 2010s is the golden age for paid television, the 90s was the golden age for sitcoms

I dunno...in my mind that is still the 80s. The 90s had alot of great stuff, but pre-Fox sitcoms were real cultural institutions.

Cheers
Family Ties
Growing Pains
Cosby Show (ugh)
Diff'rent Strokes
Who's The Boss
Facts of Life
Golden Girls

on and on and on...

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Home Improvement
3rd Rock From the Sun (Up there with Archer, IMO, as one of the funniest shows on TV)
Becker
The Drew Carry Show

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
One thing I miss about some 90's sitcoms that I watched, is a lot of them had positive messages, lessons, and educational situations for kids & teens, but still had comedy that the parents could enjoy as well.

Seems to be non-existent today, sadly.

TyToff

Feb 20, 2016
Seinfeld
Married with Children
King of Queens
Simpsons
Boy Meets World

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Seinfeld - Nothing like it before or since; an off-the-map model of TV that can't be duplicated (except by Larry David). More quotable lines than maybe any other show.

Frasier - Some of the best writing ever. Rewatched some old clips and it's actually even funnier.

They both hold up very well.

Simpsons goes without saying.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Seinfeld
Simpsons
Full House
Fresh Prince
Saved by the Bell
Hangin w/Mr Cooper
Family Matters
King of the Hill
Beavis and Butthead

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I didn't include cartoons because I don't want to have to choose between Simpsons and Seinfeld.

So...Seinfeld.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad