OT: Favorite MLB team: Mariners or Blue Jays?

Who is your favorite baseball team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I hate cheering for a Toronto team and my head would prefer to be a Mariners fan and they're my #2 team. But you can't help the team you cheer for and it's impossible for me to change.
Related to this, is it common for people in BC to cheer for both teams? Or to have them as their top 2 baseball teams? Seattle and Toronto obviously aren't natural rivals, though a rivalry has emerged since last season.

Last edited:

TomWillander1RD

Jul 21, 2004
Baseball and football have too many pauses for my liking. That's why I prefer watching hockey, basketball and soccer (real football).

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Baseball and football have too many pauses for my liking. That's why I prefer watching hockey, basketball and soccer (real football).
I don't know how lacrosse isn't more popular given its close resemblances to hockey and basketball, with wildly amped up physicality.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
Growing up in extremely rural northern BC, we only got one TV channel over the air up in the mountains when I was a kid, and that was TBS -- Ted Turner's (accidentally inter)national strategy for building the 90s Braves a national fanbase. It worked -- die-hard Braves fan to this day.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Growing up in extremely rural northern BC, we only got one TV channel over the air up in the mountains when I was a kid, and that was TBS -- Ted Turner's (accidentally inter)national strategy for building the 90s Braves a national fanbase. It worked -- die-hard Braves fan to this day.
I too liked the Braves in the 90s because of TBS.

Reactions: Kickassguy

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
It always amazes how well the Blue Jays and their fans travel. It's one thing for Jays fans to follow the team to Seattle, Oakland or L.A. on West Coast or Detroit, Boston, New York or Cleveland in the East.

But there were a ton of Jays fans in the stands for the games with Colorado Rockies in Denver. I mean Denver isn't t the easiest place to get to from anywhere, must less Canada.

But some Jays fans drove 2,000 miles from the Prairies to get to the games at Coors Field. And also a sprinkling from B.C. and Manitoba. Impressive.
Probably alot of expats because ovintiv(formerly Encana)a natural gas company moved from Calgary to Denver I'm guessing a few people probably moved with them.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We don’t have a team so I pull for the closest one. Can’t cheer for anything Toronto.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
The great thing about being a casual Blue Jays fan is that it’s extremely easy to hop on and off the bandwagon and, when you’re off, you can sneer at Toronto with the usual West Coast resentment complex.

Edit: just to clarify, I’m an extremely casual Jays fan and definitely off the bandwagon. To be be honest, I don’t particularly like this version of the team even when they manage to win.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bubbles

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
mariners lose again

going down for the game today. never seen kershaw before so that’s kind of cool. hope he gives up 8 in the first 4

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00