OT: Favorite MLB team: Mariners or Blue Jays?

Who is your favorite baseball team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
That is pretty sweet! I'll consider it next year!
I went to all of em this year. I went with a friend who never had been. We sat in four different places. The one I mentioned, 11 rows up from about 20 feet behind first, near the back of the lower section parallel with the base on 3b side, and one high up behind first.

Reactions: Bubbles

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I’ll tell ya my possible favourite ticket ever. It’s the section right behind home, but last row in the whole building. Dead centre behind home. The rail to walk up the stairs is in front of you if you pick the right tickets. Nobody in front of you. Whole wide view of everything. $21USD for Jays in Seattle on Saturday night. Beautiful all around.

View attachment 590922
Right by the foul pole in right field is a lovely spot for evening games, as you’re still in the sunshine.

3rd baseline is sick too.

It’s a fantastic ballpark.

My fav is standing in Edgar’s (left field above the score board) and getting wasted in the sun.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Mariners and Seahawks have two of the most beautiful, functional and ritzy parks in professional sports. And although I've never seen the inside of Climate Pledge Arena, I understand that with close to $1 b billion spent, it isn't far behind.

And from I hear , the NBA is clamoring to come back to Seattle. So the question remains. Can a market of about 4.5m people sustain franchises in MLB, NFL, NHL, MLS and potentially the NBA?

I suppose if any place can do it, it would be Seattle. Vancouver is a pretty pathetic by comparison unfortunately.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Blue Jays all the way!! from 85 to 89-92 so it will always be the jays for me... plus the Mariners were a shit team in the 80's, as were the Seahawks

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Hey Canucks fans, me again. With the AL wild card race being a tight one going into the final month and 2 of the teams vying for those 3 spots being the Blue Jays and Mariners, I was wondering what the split is among the Canucks community here. I expect the Blue Jays to win, as I live in Seattle and know all about the legions of fans who come down here from BC when the Jays are in town. In terms of anecdotes, I've heard similar things from BC residents about teams they like better. Jays fans reasoning tends to be them being the lone team in Canada, more accessible on TV, and a more successful franchise over the years. M's fans reasoning tends to be they are by far the closest team, BC being more culturally like Seattle than Toronto, and disdain for Toronto. Overall I've heard Vancouver and BC are solidly Jays territory with a visible minority of M's fans.

For all you Canuck fans who watch baseball, who do you cheer for and why? I'll leave a 3rd option for other, in which case you can specify.
Blue Jays as I grew up believing that Canadians should stick together and cheer on one another. Watching the Blue Jays win back-to-back World Series' in 1992 and 1993 were some of my biggest sporting highlights of my life. To be honest, knowing what I know now, I probably would have chosen to cheer on the Mariners if I was starting off as an MLB fan now but it's impossible for me to do that now. Too many childhood nostalgic memories with the Jays. Guys like Carter, Alomar, Devon White, etc., are almost as dear to me as Linden, Bure, McLean, etc.

p.s.___________One thing I'll say - after having lived in Toronto from 2013-2015, I can honestly say that if the situations were reversed (i.e. Vancouver and Buffalo had MLB teams instead of Toronto and Seattle), 90% of baseball fans in Toronto would cheer Buffalo over us.

After the 2011 Cup loss and seeing how most of Canada cheered on the Bruins over us, if I had the opportunity to renounce my Canadian citizenship and become a "citizen of the Pacific Northwest," (if there was such a thing), I would strongly consider it.

Reactions: MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Blue Jays as I grew up believing that Canadians should stick together and cheer on one another. Watching the Blue Jays win back-to-back World Series' in 1992 and 1993 were some of my biggest sporting highlights of my life. To be honest, knowing what I know now, I probably would have chosen to cheer on the Mariners if I was starting off as an MLB fan now but it's impossible for me to do that now. Too many childhood nostalgic memories with the Jays. Guys like Carter, Alomar, Devon White, etc., are almost as dear to me as Linden, Bure, McLean, etc.

p.s.___________One thing I'll say - after having lived in Toronto from 2013-2015, I can honestly say that if the situations were reversed (i.e. Vancouver and Buffalo had MLB teams instead of Toronto and Seattle), 90% of baseball fans in Toronto would cheer Buffalo over us.

After the 2011 Cup loss and seeing how most of Canada cheered on the Bruins over us, if I had the opportunity to renounce my Canadian citizenship and become a "citizen of the Pacific Northwest," (if there was such a thing), I would strongly consider it.

Yeah, I've said much the same here a few times.

I grew up in an era where the only teams I could watch regularly were the Blue Jays and Expos. So I became attached to those teams. And then the Blue Jays won the 1992 and 1993 World Series, which was the first time a team I cheered for every won anything, and it was awesome.

I hate cheering for a Toronto team and my head would prefer to be a Mariners fan and they're my #2 team. But you can't help the team you cheer for and it's impossible for me to change.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Jays are a likeable team, and I'm relieved that IF they lose the series, it's to another likeable team in the Mariners.

I've pulled for the San Francisco Giants since 1962, so I can sit back, relax, and say "may the best team win".

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Honestly, if the Blue Jays lose. I will lose all interest and will just hope for a Mets vs Yankees World Series just because I think it would be cool and divide a city if not the whole state.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
This is just a series to see who gets the pleasure of being beat up by the Astros.

I don't care if Jays lose the series because they aren't built well enough to take out the Astros or dodgers or braves. Tapia should not be in your game 1 starting lineup and he shouldn't be your best lefty bat.

Probably need to make 4 or 5 moves this winter (yes and spend near luxury tax) to put themselves in a position where they can win the division.

Reactions: torontoblood

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
This is just a series to see who gets the pleasure of being beat up by the Astros.

I don't care if Jays lose the series because they aren't built well enough to take out the Astros or dodgers or braves. Tapia should not be in your game 1 starting lineup and he shouldn't be your best lefty bat.

Probably need to make 4 or 5 moves this winter (yes and spend near luxury tax) to put themselves in a position where they can win the division.
The way I put it is they absolutely have the organizational capital to roll out a World Series favourite on opening day next year. But they’re obviously not optimally configured as is.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I still cannot believe that the Raptors won in 2019—cause Toronto sports teams have otherwise been absolutely cursed in the playoffs the last 30-odd years.

Reactions: torontoblood

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I still cannot believe that the Raptors won in 2019—cause Toronto sports teams have otherwise been absolutely cursed in the playoffs the last 30-odd years.
They were on the ropes twice in R2/R3 but Kawhi had one of the best playoff runs of all time.

Machine of a player.

Obviously, the Raptors have rebuilt the culture, 2nd most winningest team since 2013, updated facilities, top five coaching staff and management, top five player development and drafting that helped spurn the possibility of that result but like

there were times in those middle rounds where it seemed like toronto was going to toronto and kawhi just willed them to win

Reactions: StickShift

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4