Favorite lesser-known enforcers?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Garry Howatt, middleweight who took on the heavyweights (especially the Flyers) and handled himself very well. Beat the tar out Schultz at least once.

Reactions: Isles72

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Darin Kimble was a lot of fun to watch. Grab on and fire away! Didn't matter if he fought the toughest guy in the league or a no don't. He still fought the same way. His TKO on Troy Crowder was a great tilt. At the time Crowder was crushing everyone he squared off with. Kimble put him down!

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
Don't know if Jeff Odgers is an unknown, but he was onebof my favorites. Stood up for everyone and worked his ass off on teams that were terrible in San Jose. Was also part of the culture change when they got better. Could play a bit of hockey, too.

First one I thought of as well. Always game.
Kevin Evans was another guy I thought of. He only played 9 NHL games but he was a nasty one.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
First name that came to mind, and he doesn't seem to be quite as much of a deep cut as some of the ones listed here, is Donald Brashear. Bialowas is a very good call, too.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
First name that came to mind, and he doesn't seem to be quite as much of a deep cut as some of the ones listed here, is Donald Brashear. Bialowas is a very good call, too.

How is "The Don" Donald Brashear not well known. He is top 20 all time, definitely not unknown.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Bob Boughner

Kirk Tomlinson

Bill Huard

and I guess Eric Cairns can be counted as unknown today.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Ryan Vandenbussche favorite all time. I really liked Jim Vandermeer as well. Others not widely known
Joel Rechlicz very entertaining
Trevor Gillies because I know him.
Jon Mirasty Jermey Yablonski same as wrecker
Kevin Sawyer and Paul Laus. Are two others when I started watching hockey who I liked.
Known enforcers
Bob Probert Stu Grimson Derek Boogard Colton Orr Brian McGrattan.
Guys I hated
Donald Brashear Aaron Downey Chris Simon Dale Puriton Andrew Peters. Early Stortini pretty much guys like him in the beginning who hugged and not throw.

I remember a great fight between Lucic and Rechlicz and I'll never forget Jack Edwards awesome line "Rechlicz is being reckless... with his face" and "hes assaulting Lucic' knuckles with his nose".

That was a great fight.

Reactions: Villella McMeans

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
brendan walsh was maniacal, would take on anyone. had a pretty sneaky release, too. was a fan favorite for providence in the ahl. 953 pims in 175 ahl games.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
I remember a great fight between Lucic and Rechlicz and I'll never forget Jack Edwards awesome line "Rechlicz is being reckless... with his face" and "hes assaulting Lucic' knuckles with his nose".

That was a great fight.

Jack edwards is brutal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad