Favorite 1st round pick

dps

Nov 30, 2011
Horvat for me, virtanen a close second. I personally believe Bo could be a great future 1C for us. His dangles are dirty as hell.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Virtanen for me.

He's just such a rare package and he's so fun to watch.

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008
The fact they we have 3 guys with 96% of votes out of 6 and those 3 are around or above 20 votes just means our prospect pool is much better.

Hopefully we can add another 2015 1st round pick and have 2 1st round picks in the next years draft as well.

Loving this.

For me its

Horvat
Virtanen
Hunter
Jensen
Gaunce
McCann

member 202355

Jared McCann is by far a more talented ice hockey player than Brendan Gaunce IMO.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I wanted another player but I'm most intrigued by Virtanen.

TheDude008

Jan 5, 2014
Shinkaruk
was stoked he was around so late for us (and that we made the pick)
not stoked hearing all the trade rumours with him.

Hodgson was probably my favorite recent first round pick though *with Luc a close second (RIP :( )

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Man are we lucky to have all these options. 6 1st round picks in the past 3 years and however many months. Not to mention the last 4 of which all being, arguably, top 15 talents in their respective drafts. (Could probably include Gaunce too with him being ranked 12~ by some)

Awesome variety in each players talents and skillsets. Honestly all we need for the cherry on the cake is a potential 1st line Centreman, which happen to be the prize for the bad teams in the upcoming draft :handclap:

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
1. Horvat
2. Virtanen
3. Jensen
4. Vey
5. Shinkaruk
6. Demko
7. McCann
8. Gaunce
9. Cassels
10. Tryamkin

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Just reviewing the 2013 draft day thread. Laughing at all the reactions when we traded Schneider. Even funnier when a good chunk of us were praying we draft Shinkaruk with the pick. Man were we lucky that day!

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Just reviewing the 2013 draft day thread. Laughing at all the reactions when we traded Schneider. Even funnier when a good chunk of us were praying we draft Shinkaruk with the pick. Man were we lucky that day!

I like reading some of them old threads. Lots of entertaining hysteria

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
If some of you nutjobs can pick hodgson,
then I can pick Kassian - BOOM in yo faces! :yo:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

LovemyNucks

May 26, 2009
England
The fact they we have 3 guys with 96% of votes out of 6 and those 3 are around or above 20 votes just means our prospect pool is much better.

Hopefully we can add another 2015 1st round pick and have 2 1st round picks in the next years draft as well.

Loving this.

For me its

Horvat
Virtanen
Hunter
Jensen
Gaunce
McCann

Same list for me!

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
I wasn't very pumped when Horvat was drafted because we just traded Schneider at that time and I didn't really know much about him. However, though the trade still pains me a bit, I have to say that he's my favorite at this moment with his development curve and the respect he gets around the junior leagues for his defensive work while being excellent offensively. Every time I hear about him, I just remember that absurd stat where his QoC this year was fifth in the league while still improving his PPG to approximately 1.3. Impressive.

I was initially super pumped with Shinkaruk who dropped over 10 spots on the draft to us. Still really high on him and didn't want him packaged off to Florida for Reinhart. I'm hoping that he'll take the next step in the AHL next season.

Finally, I was pretty pumped when Gaunce was picked because there was a pretty motley group of players left at that point. I didn't like Collberg, or Samuelsson and I didn't want to draft a defencemen in Finn. Also he has a very cerebral approach to the game but still has that physical element and sounds to me that he can be excellent in almost any system because of the way he approaches the game. I have an affinity towards players who project the intelligence and the methodical way of approaching concepts and Gaunce is a good example based on his interviews. He needs to improve his skating but I think if he can improve his footspeed, he has the potential to become excellent to us.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
shout out to Dennis Reynolds for choosing gaunce.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Also picking Gaunce. It's a treat to watch him play, such an underrated style in which you can tell that he thinks the game at a high level

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00