Faulk trade targets

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Hi, I’m a NYR fan, but the Canes are my 2nd team. Every game I’ve watched thus far this season, Justin Faulk has looked much better than last year. Would I be wrong in my assessment? I don’t see a “Justin Faulk” thread, but I’m just curious, and also wondering if you guys still think he’s going to be traded.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Hi, I’m a NYR fan, but the Canes are my 2nd team. Every game I’ve watched thus far this season, Justin Faulk has looked much better than last year. Would I be wrong in my assessment? I don’t see a “Justin Faulk” thread, but I’m just curious, and also wondering if you guys still think he’s going to be traded.

You're correct. Faulk has played very well this year

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think it is likely he is still traded. We have too many RHD, he’s got the shortest contract, probably expensive if we even can sign him, plus a couple of RHD prospects that will be pushing for a spot. His very good play this year just means we can get better value back.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

He’s done better when he’s had a good partner like Sekera and deHaan.

This year has definitely been better. I could see him being traded, I’d like to get Carter, or someone that is available at Center.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

I do think he is playing much better. I think he needed a "reset" of sorts to get back to the player he was before he started scoring all those goals. Probably bringing in Hamilton helps him a little psychologically not thinking that he has to be "the man" solely responsible for creating offense back there.

If he is traded at this point, it would likely be solely a business decision, ie they don't have the money to keep him and give Aho a big extension, for example. And at that point you might as well get some return in a trade instead of just letting him walk and get nothing.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I think it is likely he is still traded. We have too many RHD, he’s got the shortest contract, probably expensive if we even can sign him, plus a couple of RHD prospects that will be pushing for a spot. His very good play this year just means we can get better value back.
Yea that’s good news. I wish Carolina could be a cap team. What a filthy defense. Including the insane prospect pool. My goodness. The expansion draft is going to suck.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
That one Edmonton fan (ChaoticOrange, I think?) still probably believes he'd be the worst defensman on the Oilers, though.

He's not nearly as bad as that other dude who claims to have invented an entirely new metric that seems, without exception, to make all Oilers defensemen top 10 and all Hurricanes defensemen bottom of the league.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
That one Edmonton fan (ChaoticOrange, I think?) still probably believes he'd be the worst defensman on the Oilers, though.
That guy’s a douche.

I’m fine with him staying, he’s slotted in very well right now. Someone has to go and on a daily basis it rotates which one I’d choose. Feels like Pesce is the odd man right now because he’s been hurt and hadn’t found his groove. Can’t imagjne giving him up though. I don’t know if Faulk’s re up price will be that bad as he’s not scoring very much anymore. He’s right about where he should be paid.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
We’re pretty much set up to have to trade a RD pretty soon. Dougie, Faulk, Pesce, Tvr with McKeown and Fox in the pipeline possibly ready for next season. I was surprised they didn’t trade Faulk in the off-season but they played their cards right given how good Faulk’s season has been. I’m guessing they’d look hardest at trading Faulk since he might be tougher to re-sign.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
One guy that keeps getting overlooked is Luke Martin. He's nearly a Brett Pesce clone with a little more of an edge. Good 1st pass out of the zone, solid skater, big kid with strength. He'll never put up a lot of offense, but he doesn't have a muffin of a shot either. I believe he's one of the reasons that Pesce's name even surfaces in trade talks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad