Faulk trade targets

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
From Freidman's article.

"With reports that Cam Ward is going to Chicago and Robin Lehner visited Detroit, there is even more belief that Buffalo is aggressively pursuing Carter Hutton. If the Sabres are willing to go three years, they probably get him.

Toronto has fielded calls on the AHL championship tandem of Garret Sparks and Calvin Pickard."

If we lose out on both Lehner & Hutton that's a slight blow. Though I'm scared to hand Hutton a 3 year deal, Lehner is a little more palatable. Sparks is slightly intriguing though, but he's a huge wild card. Great numbers in the AHL though.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Would y’all take a chance on Anderson? He’s due for this good year this year (he goes one year on, one year off).

Not as long as the other half of that goalie tandem is Scott Darling.

Can't take the risk that this is the season when Anderson finally goes "bad one season, worse the next" into a decline without having a strong backup.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Would y’all take a chance on Anderson? He’s due for this good year this year (he goes one year on, one year off).

I can't say I feel good at all about Anderson/Darling as the combo. Seems like to high of a chance for a complete collapse.

Anderson is the definition of kicking the goalie issue down the road a couple of years: signed through 2020 and expensive enough that Carolina isn't bringing in a third goalie with him and Darling.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I might take Anderson in desperation, but it's a big risk. In spite of his good then bad reputation, there's no guarantee it works like that again. He's old, wasn't good, and paid a lot. The prospect of paying him and Darling that much for two years is not a good thought. And then, if he does follow that pattern, what do we do about him sucking next year?

I think we'd have to get rid of Darling for me to be comfortable with him.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Yeah I get it. $8.75 million is tough to swallow for two goalies where you don’t know. He’s a hell of a goalie when he’s on ... and we (the SENS) are keeping him if we trade Karlsson. He’ll rescind his trade request if EK is traded.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
My 3 trades for Justin Faulk.
1. Carolina trades Justin Faulk to Detroit for a 2019 1st round pick and Gustav Nyquist.
2.Carolina trades Justin Faulk to New Jersey for Damon Severson and 2019 2nd round pick.
3. Carolina trades Justin Faulk to San Jose for Brendan Dillon,Melker Karlsson,2019 2nd round pick.
I don't get "Faulk for Severson". Severson is RH dman, we already have Hamilton and Pesce. Dillon is terrible third pairing guy, Karlsson is barely top 9 forward. Nyquist is good but i prefer Zucker/Saad/Nino.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah I get it. $8.75 million is tough to swallow for two goalies where you don’t know. He’s a hell of a goalie when he’s on ... and we (the SENS) are keeping him if we trade Karlsson. He’ll rescind his trade request if EK is traded.

What the hell has been going on behind the scenes in Ottawa?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

Am I out of the loop on the issues in Ottawa? I could understand rescinding after Hoffman, but is there that much of an issue between Anderson and EK?

Edit: paged up...apparently I'm not the only one if I am out of the loop.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Am I out of the loop on the issues in Ottawa? I could understand rescinding after Hoffman, but is there that much of an issue between Anderson and EK?

Edit: paged up...apparently I'm not the only one if I am out of the loop.
The owner is evidently having money problems and is cutting costs in all area, including player salary and management. I think the locker room issues go even beyond hoffman, too.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
The owner is evidently having money problems and is cutting costs in all area, including player salary and management. I think the locker room issues go even beyond hoffman, too.

I can understand that. At this point if I'm Anderson, I would want out based on all the issues you bring up. My confusion is that trading EK doesn't fix those issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad