Fate of the Universe on the line, who takes the final shot?

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
For Oilers fans from the 2000s

Hemsky

And everyone watching yelling “shoooooooooot”

Which he doesn’t

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Point leads the league in game-winning goals, has done so previously (as has Draisaitl), and (unlike Drai) has consistently come through in the biggest games. The ONLY reason he isn’t the obvious answer in this thread is because the OP specified a long shot and Point does most of his scoring from short to medium range.
He's not the obvious answer because Draitsaitl finishes 3% better.

If I am betting everything on one shot, I just take the highest odds.

If it were going to be based on mythical clutchness, just bring Justin Williams out of retirement.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
A setup shot that's ready to take? I'd take Alexander Semin easily over anybody. Nobody is stopping that shot with time, space and a screen.

Reactions: DaveG

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
He's not the obvious answer because Draitsaitl finishes 3% better.

If I am betting everything on one shot, I just take the highest odds.
In the very specific stat you blatantly chose for the sole purpose of putting Draisaitl at the top. Why don’t we go with the last two seasons in which Point’s shooting percentage was/is clearly better? And did you really think nobody was going to catch you on that? Or do you honestly believe that their performance three to five years ago is relevant today?

Besides, if the fate of the universe is on the line I want a winner taking that shot, not a perennial choker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
In the very specific stat you blatantly chose for the sole purpose of putting Draisaitl at the top. Why don’t we go with the last two seasons in which Point’s shooting percentage was/is clearly better? And did you really think nobody was going to catch you on that? Or do you honestly believe that their performance three to five years ago is relevant today?

Besides, if the fate of the universe is on the line I want a winner taking that shot, not a perennial choker.
If you knew anything about stats you would realize that larger sample size is better than smaller.

Hey why not use whatever 3 months Point had a higher shooting percentage?

Point didn't score a single goal in his last finals appearance. Maybe he is the choker? :sarcasm:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
If you knew anything about stats you would realize that larger sample size is better than smaller.

Hey why not use whatever 3 months Point had a higher shooting percentage?

You talking to me about statistics is laughable considering what I do for a living and how successful I’ve been doing it. And if YOU knew anything about statistics you would know that a larger sample size is not inherently better depending on what you’re trying to achieve (so long as the minimum required sample size is reached for the desired confidence level), and that a larger window equates to a larger lag (in other words, the further you go back in creating your moving average the slower it will be to pick up on trend changes…such as Point’s clear and growing advantage over Draisaitl in shooting percentage in recent years.)

And you are the one who went back to ancient history and cherry-picked statistics in a transparent and utterly failed attempt to make Draisaitl look like the better shooter today. You aren’t fooling anybody.

Thanks for the laugh though. There’s little funnier than the unearned and unwarranted arrogance of someone who has no clue what he’s talking about, towards somebody who actually does.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rafafouille

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
The fact that the best goal scorer on the planet is barely mentioned in this thread suggests that the universe may not be worth saving.
He is famous for being clutch, but hey, if the fate of Toronto would be in ballance, I'm sure everyone would be happy to have him take the shot ;)

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Like, an all-time or active NHL player?

All-time, in their prime? Mario Lemieux. 100% no questions asked.

Current NHL'er: Auston Matthews, Sidney Crosby, or Patrick Kane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad